The inFamous: Second Son vs. Ryse visuals topics really show the power gap

#31SparkItUpPosted 4/5/2014 12:31:21 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
The inFamous: Second Son vs. Ryse visuals topics really show the power gap

As much as I am not for the XB1, I have to disagree. All it really shows is one was rushed a bit more than the other. We really won't know until Q4 for the most part to have a good sample of games that had time to be developed. To me the better judge currently however is the comparison of multiplats (if you had used this to make your point, this is where I could agree with you more so)
#32Shik_stickPosted 4/5/2014 12:57:05 PM
lol wow...so much circle jerking going on in here. I have explained in detail how and why I:SS looks better than Ryse in other topics but i wont do so again here.

Bottom line, anyone saying that Ryse looks better, or anything on the X1 or that inFAMOUS looks like crap, are just flat out wrong or lying or worse...an ignorant fanboy. Objectively, iSS has better lighting, better textures, no pop-ins or environmental defects, no bugs or glitches that i have seen, a much more varied set of NPC designs and behaviors, better resolution and framerate, much better facial animations and particle effects.

All this going on at one time, in an open world game with pretty much nothing standing out as negative(graphically) or having been sacrificed for another aspect .

Ryse is a linear game with much less being done in it at any time so if that is what you all hold up as the best looking game right now, then SS should come off as a marvel to you, considering how great it looks and all of the tech running at one time quite flawlessly.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#33crynryanPosted 4/5/2014 1:02:57 PM
Ryse was originally a 360 game, Infamous wasn't ever going to be a PS3 game.
Infamous was developed by a first party developer, on an engine that I'd assume is PS4 only, where Ryse's engine is a cross platform engine.

Just a couple things that would easily explain the differences.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#34SparkItUpPosted 4/5/2014 1:49:03 PM
Shik_stick posted...
lol wow...so much circle jerking going on in here. I have explained in detail how and why I:SS looks better than Ryse in other topics but i wont do so again here.

Bottom line, anyone saying that Ryse looks better, or anything on the X1 or that inFAMOUS looks like crap, are just flat out wrong or lying or worse...an ignorant fanboy. Objectively, iSS has better lighting, better textures, no pop-ins or environmental defects, no bugs or glitches that i have seen, a much more varied set of NPC designs and behaviors, better resolution and framerate, much better facial animations and particle effects.

All this going on at one time, in an open world game with pretty much nothing standing out as negative(graphically) or having been sacrificed for another aspect .

Ryse is a linear game with much less being done in it at any time so if that is what you all hold up as the best looking game right now, then SS should come off as a marvel to you, considering how great it looks and all of the tech running at one time quite flawlessly.

I agree Infamous clearly looks better, I was merely just saying that it's a bit early to judge exclusives against one another as far as graphical quality (or any quality for that matter). The proof in my opinion is in the multiplats more so.
#35InterzoneMantraPosted 4/5/2014 1:51:05 PM
another day another infamous vs ryse graphics topic, yet most of these topics rarely have any comparison pics of gameplay shots
#36SparkItUpPosted 4/5/2014 1:51:23 PM
crynryan posted...
Ryse was originally a 360 game, Infamous wasn't ever going to be a PS3 game.
Infamous was developed by a first party developer, on an engine that I'd assume is PS4 only, where Ryse's engine is a cross platform engine.

Just a couple things that would easily explain the differences.

Exactly, not to mention it was supposed to be a Kinect only game as well. it was really rushed through development to be an XB1 launch game.

To many irrational heads bouncing around on both sides of the argument to really grasp this.
#37skermacPosted 4/5/2014 2:13:32 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
skermac posted...
Infamous SS has good visuals but its a boring repetitive rehash.

Of course you know all that even tough you skipped the game.

skermac posted...
If you never played the first 2 you will like the super powers, but they get old fast. I skipped SS.

I have seen enough gameplay to know its no better than the first 2, except for graphics. Even the main character isn't as good as Cole. Just another unimaginative game for them to make money.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#38BushidoEffect3Posted 4/5/2014 2:19:48 PM
ArkhamCityWok posted...
No one gives a ****.

You do for replying angrily. lol
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#39BushidoEffect3Posted 4/5/2014 2:21:29 PM
skermac posted...

And Ryse....

sigh.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#40TurbokkPosted 4/5/2014 5:23:44 PM
skermac posted...

Unlike Ryse Son of Rome the masterpiece that rivals Zelda OoT and FF7 for best game of all time.