The inFamous: Second Son vs. Ryse visuals topics really show the power gap

#71XbonesoothsayerPosted 4/10/2014 12:52:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#72MidnightJacketPosted 4/10/2014 1:01:03 PM
looselink posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
Ryse is still the best looking game - period.

Obviously. Never ceases to amaze how pre-reveal went from the system possibly being an incremental upgrade to ponies declaring MS was using Titanabled PC or that Ryse was pre rendered.

Thats the great thing about Ryse. Visually It looks so far above last gen, people doubted it was even possible. Infamous 3 looks like a pc fanmod of infamous 2.

Infamous second son looked so good that several PC gamers were calling out its advertising as bullshots.

Also keep in mind that Second son unlike Ryse wasn't worked on by the most talented graphical developers in the industry, is open world, and has a more stable framerate than Ryse whilst also being full 1080p and still manages to be graphically comparable to Ryse.

Even if you do think Ryse looks better than second son or vice versa, you still have to admit that second son is far more impressive technically and makes the PS4 look far more powerful than the XB1.

So to the TC, yes, I definetely agree that nothing makes the power gap clearer than these two games which appears to massively favor the PS4.

I don't understand the need to compare this two games. Ryse is without a doubt a better, crisper looking game. Anyone who has ACTUALLY significantly played through BOTH games knows that. That's not to trash ISS, it's a beautiful game, but it's open world - ofcourse it's not going to top Ryse on graphics. But if we're making up excuses like "well technologically it's more advanced and open world", what the heck is the point of comparing the two to begin with? To stroke ego's for little gamers that need to feel like their system is superior to another system?? I just don't get the basis of the argument in the OP.

Ryse remains, for a little while longer, the best looking game on any of the 3 next/current gen systems. The graphics hug that line where you can't tell if it's all one giant scenamatic movie or not, whereas in ISS it's beautiful but you never have any doubt that it visually looks like a game. Part of that is simply the gameplay presentation, part of it is just the wow factor of the graphics. Ryse will be outdone, it's just a matter of time. But obsessing over minor graphical upgrades is best left to PC gamers anyway.
#73shauntenninePosted 4/10/2014 1:11:47 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
While I disagree with everything you have said I will defend to the death your right to say it.

This guy is the man. Respect bro.
#74mokmuudPosted 4/10/2014 1:26:49 PM
Who cares.
Better looking is a matter of opinion. For example I am not a big fan of photorealism in games. I think something like Pikmin or Windwaker HD looks better.
On the other hand something can be graphically superior or have higher resolution or frame rate. In those cases opinion doesn't matter.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#75kyncaniPosted 4/10/2014 1:32:25 PM
BloatedSquirrel posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
Xbox One cannot compete with PS4 in graphics. The quicker people accept this we can move on to other talk...like sales.
#76mokmuudPosted 4/10/2014 1:32:58 PM
Turbokk posted...
mokmuud posted...
Turbokk posted...
Comparing a masterpiece like Ryse Son of Rome to a overrated mediocre interactive movie with lackluster gameplay like Infamous is laughable.

SS an interactive movie?
Also you must be delusional to consider Ryse a masterpiece.

Pony.

Not quite
http://imgur.com/1GL87Hv
Hey look I've played Ryse. But because I greatly disliked it I'm a pony.

http://imgur.com/UotIPrA
http://imgur.com/phR9LCG
OMG I must be a Pony look I only own and play Sony consoles.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#77Suppa UglyPosted 4/10/2014 5:08:18 PM

Ryse remains, for a little while longer, the best looking game on any of the 3 next/current gen systems. The graphics hug that line where you can't tell if it's all one giant scenamatic movie or not, whereas in ISS it's beautiful but you never have any doubt that it visually looks like a game. Part of that is simply the gameplay presentation, part of it is just the wow factor of the graphics. Ryse will be outdone, it's just a matter of time. But obsessing over minor graphical upgrades is best left to PC gamers anyway.

I think Forza is actually the best looking. But, I too am confused at people that compare ISS and Ryse. I own both and play them both on the same damn tv. There is no way that ISS tops Ryse. But ISS is a gorgeous open world game and Ryse is a linear tightly scripted experience. How is this even in dispute?
---
They'll make PSN even free-er.DeadCell222 on possible PS3 price drop
#78looselinkPosted 4/10/2014 8:28:14 PM
MidnightJacket posted...
looselink posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
Ryse is still the best looking game - period.

Obviously. Never ceases to amaze how pre-reveal went from the system possibly being an incremental upgrade to ponies declaring MS was using Titanabled PC or that Ryse was pre rendered.

Thats the great thing about Ryse. Visually It looks so far above last gen, people doubted it was even possible. Infamous 3 looks like a pc fanmod of infamous 2.

Infamous second son looked so good that several PC gamers were calling out its advertising as bullshots.

Also keep in mind that Second son unlike Ryse wasn't worked on by the most talented graphical developers in the industry, is open world, and has a more stable framerate than Ryse whilst also being full 1080p and still manages to be graphically comparable to Ryse.

Even if you do think Ryse looks better than second son or vice versa, you still have to admit that second son is far more impressive technically and makes the PS4 look far more powerful than the XB1.

So to the TC, yes, I definetely agree that nothing makes the power gap clearer than these two games which appears to massively favor the PS4.

I don't understand the need to compare this two games. Ryse is without a doubt a better, crisper looking game. Anyone who has ACTUALLY significantly played through BOTH games knows that. That's not to trash ISS, it's a beautiful game, but it's open world - ofcourse it's not going to top Ryse on graphics. But if we're making up excuses like "well technologically it's more advanced and open world", what the heck is the point of comparing the two to begin with? To stroke ego's for little gamers that need to feel like their system is superior to another system?? I just don't get the basis of the argument in the OP.

The reason why we compare them is obvious... console warz.

That said I suppose your right in that listing ISS as an open world game or listing Ryse's weak framerate don't have a place in a purely visual based topic.

That said I think effects look better in ISS whereas Ryse has better character models.
---
Yukimura Sanada
#79necro00Posted 4/10/2014 8:32:48 PM
Ryse is by far the best looking next gen game on either console
#80TurbokkPosted 4/11/2014 1:00:55 PM
Killzone SF beats both.