do you think XBL is a ripoff

#61dnmtPosted 4/1/2014 11:49:52 PM(edited)
I like how people's defense of Gold ITT is just "hey it's only $5 a month!" instead of naming anything of value that it could possibly offer.
#62RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/1/2014 11:41:27 PM
daniel79 posted...
Wow, some of the comments in this thread are just amazing.

When did people become so blinded, stupid and happy with it on such a massive scale? It's crazy. These people are the future. Now that, is a scary thought..

'I'm happy to fork out for pretty much nothing a month and you're an idiot for not doing it too with me, derp derp'

Christ.

I'm cool deep derp
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#63jpraelsterPosted 4/1/2014 11:55:03 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
jpraelster posted...
motosyko21 posted...
your choices are a biased ripoff, and i proudly do not pay for them.

its not biased. can you read? If you think its a ripoff, do u pay for it anyway or dont you? Simple and straight forward

Where is the option for us not thinking its a ripoff

uhh, if you dont think its a ripoff then you dont vote. how are you guys not understanding this. the poll is not biased. its only for those who think its a ripoff

you think its a ripoff? do you pay for it anyway or is it such a ripoff that you dont?

the poll is designed to find out whether people who believe theyre getting ripped off, are allowing it to happen because them not paying for it wont change anything

i think you guys are reading the topic title and immediately reading the poll answers without the poll question; because the overwhelming poll answer says the majority of people find it to be so much of a ripoff, theyre actually not paying for it. but the thread responses are saying the complete opposite

You dont understand what a biased poll is then
#64aszsithPosted 4/2/2014 12:12:46 AM
The choices are:
I sadly pay for something I want OR I'm proudly against paying for something I feel I deserve for free.

*shakes head*
Kids these days...
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#65ricosdemoPosted 4/2/2014 1:28:04 AM
dnmt posted...
I like how people's defense of Gold ITT is just "hey it's only $5 a month!" instead of naming anything of value that it could possibly offer.

I know right
#66omega1110Posted 4/2/2014 7:50:51 AM
i think you guys are reading the topic title and immediately reading the poll answers without the poll question; because the overwhelming poll answer says the majority of people find it to be so much of a ripoff, theyre actually not paying for it. but the thread responses are saying the complete opposite

The thread responses don't reflect the voting because there is no option on the poll for the folk who do not think it is a rip off. So we can only post not vote. And because the poll does not account for people who do not think it is a rip off it does not show that the majority of people don't pay for because it is a ripoff. The poll only shows that most people who think it is a rip off do not pay for it.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#67omega1110Posted 4/2/2014 8:11:26 AM
ricosdemo posted...
dnmt posted...

I know right

Well lets see someone mentioned it gives him/her +1000 of hours of entertainment, I personally mentioned the former family packs and new gold sharing (everybody on a gold user's home console being able to play multiplayer without the gold user being signed in/everybody on a console a gold user signs in on can play multiplayer.

I will also add being able to sign in with the same profile on an Xbox One and Xbox 360 at the same time as well.I regularly play splitscreen on Halo 4 while going online with friends who do have Gold accounts, and my wife prefers to use the Xbox for streaming over our Roku so my Gold family pack saved me a ton of money (It was $99 but it allowed me to use 4 Xbox live Gold accounts, essentially buy two get two free). Gold sharing with Xbox One combined with Xbox One/360 simultaneous login will save me even more money. My friends who don't have Gold can use a silver account to play with me(Well whenever a 4 player splitscreen game comes out for Xbox One) and my wife can continue to use the 360 for streaming using my Gold account even if I want to play my One at the same time , all for the price of one Gold subscription, great value!

Last note, people who say its not a ripoff because it is $5 imply that the service itself is the value. I wholeheartedly agree, before I care about multiple accounts and just wanted to play online the Xbox Live service itself was the value, nice stable easy to use multiplayer. I happily payed for it just for what it was even back in the original Xbox days when there was no movie streaming but only online gaming.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#68SADMZPosted 4/2/2014 8:39:07 AM
Charging a fee to play online isn't all that big a deal to me if that money is going into servers, maintenance of said servers, and overall giving me a reliable, consistent online gaming experience.

That said, having things as basic as Netflixs, YouTube, or even Internet Explorer disabled if you don't have Gold is pretty lousy no matter how you spin it. The puzzling thing about it is that Microsoft named their console "Xbox One" because they're trying to sell it as an all-in-one, online media hub, but the damn thing is barely functional without Gold. I mean, sure, if Microsoft wants to disable features that utilize their server bandwidth, fine. Disable online play, video streaming, or whatever. But to basically disable almost every online function whether it uses Microsoft servers or not? That's sleazy.
#69MRL3G3NDPosted 4/2/2014 8:49:13 AM
at this point...yeah

before the quality and features justified the cost

now it just serves as a paywall

the service on One is ridiculous...I it's been out 6 months and we don't have basic features of the previous generation...

xbox live sucks right now...parties drop, won't allow you to connect or join parties...sometimes I can't even pull up my friends list...the POS tells me to check back later...MS' pricing for these lackluster faulty unstable products are in excusable...
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#70Jptremblay13Posted 4/2/2014 10:04:20 AM
unbiased poll is unbiased