do you think XBL is a ripoff

#71RinglercorpPosted 4/2/2014 4:13:27 PM
Here's a non-loaded poll for you...

Choose one option on what you think of TC:

[ ] Certified PS4 Fanboy
[ ] Can't afford $5 a month so he makes a loaded poll on Gamefaqs to feel better about himself
[ ] Actually doesn't eat jelly beans very often, but keeps the handle anyways
[ ] All of the above
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#72Talon684Posted 4/2/2014 5:49:26 PM
Ringlercorp posted...
Here's a non-loaded poll for you...

Choose one option on what you think of TC:

[ ] Certified PS4 Fanboy
[ ] Can't afford $5 a month so he makes a loaded poll on Gamefaqs to feel better about himself
[ ] Actually doesn't eat jelly beans very often, but keeps the handle anyways
[ X ] All of the above

---
I was dying of thirst, but now I have been rehydrated by the tears of people like this Cliffy B
#73newbie2007Posted 4/2/2014 6:44:58 PM
It's not a matter of 5$/month. I think paying to play online is a ripoff. We already pay $60 for the game, the server cost should have been included in it. PC games are $10 cheaper, Steam game service is great, and you never have to pay for online. Console manufactures get away with this online fee because of their monopoly positions.

On the other hand, I got free games from PS+ like Bioshick infinite, Devil may cry, Tomb raider, ... so I feel somewhat forgiving, but it's still a rip-off.
#742PartyOIigarchyPosted 4/2/2014 6:51:47 PM
Definitely.
#75Talon684Posted 4/2/2014 7:04:27 PM
You mean rented games.
---
I was dying of thirst, but now I have been rehydrated by the tears of people like this Cliffy B
#76darkstar4221Posted 4/2/2014 9:12:25 PM(edited)
Howatizer posted...
Ha ha wow, it is funny to me that people call Live a rip off. Live is far superior to the online services that the Wii/ WiiU and PS3 provided.

Rarely had any outages, far more stable then the other guys and had a party/friend system that made the other guys look amateur in comparison. The major flaw really was that certain services like Netflix required a gold membership which I found unnecessary.

Also if you are smart, then you would know you can get a year of live for $30-$40 dollars. I haven't paid full price for Live since the 2nd year I had it.

It's a rip off considering you pay $500 for the console, plus taxes, and it's so integrated into the console that you have to get XBL just to get the full experience of the Xbox one. Because if you don't have XBL you are losing out on a lot such as online multiplayer.

Yeah it may be only $5 a month but it adds up as another fee because you're already paying for your ISP, cable, house bills, netflix, taxes etc and you still have to buy the games. It would be nice if Microsoft can not only lower the price of XBL, but the console itself, and the msrp price for video games. It should be $3 a month imo or $30 a year.
#77darkstar4221Posted 4/2/2014 9:08:29 PM
newbie2007 posted...
It's not a matter of 5$/month. I think paying to play online is a ripoff. We already pay $60 for the game, the server cost should have been included in it. PC games are $10 cheaper, Steam game service is great, and you never have to pay for online. Console manufactures get away with this online fee because of their monopoly positions.

On the other hand, I got free games from PS+ like Bioshick infinite, Devil may cry, Tomb raider, ... so I feel somewhat forgiving, but it's still a rip-off.

This.
#78Talon684Posted 4/2/2014 9:51:10 PM
You do know those games aren't yours to keep. As soon as your ps+ expires those games are useless. At least with games with gold I keep those games, even if my gold subscription expires.
---
#79Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 10:19:08 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
$5 a month is cheaper than Netflix.

Besides I always find it for $35 or less so $2.91 a month for me.....

Yeah, but you gotta add $5.00 to the $8.50 Netflix charges to even watch Netflix.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#80ricosdemoPosted 4/2/2014 11:35:37 PM
Talon684 posted...
You do know those games aren't yours to keep. As soon as your ps+ expires those games are useless. At least with games with gold I keep those games, even if my gold subscription expires.

I'm perfectly fine with that i really haven't gone back to play the games i got from PS+, once i was done with them i deleted them from my hard drive. There hasn't been any games on gold IMO that's worth keeping.