My XBone doesn't seem to want to play discs?

#1jmgordon99Posted 4/1/2014 1:19:03 PM
Okay I got the TitanFall bundle and have had the XBone for less than a month. Since TF was digital download I never put a disc in the tray until this past weekend. I tried 2 different blu-rays and then a dvd and none of them worked. The XBone actually made a god-awful sound each time like a blender crushing ice. I ejected the disc almost right away each time. Is this a common problem? Did they ship a bunch of units with defective disc trays? Should I just take it back to where I got it or should I bother with calling XBox Support? Appreciate any advice on this; thank you.
---
"I'm just about that action, boss."
-Marshawn Lynch to Deion Sanders on Super Bowl media day 2014
#2HelmesSeiferPosted 4/1/2014 1:26:49 PM
Disc dive problems happened to a few of the models including mine. Call MS TC, they are aware of the problem and will fix it.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#3TrickyPonyPosted 4/1/2014 1:30:17 PM
Take it back, you'll have a new one tonight, why would you wait to get a refurb from MS when you can handle this now?

The only reason I bought Titanfall on disc is so I could check my drive. I realized I've owned this thing for 4 months and had no idea if my drive worked since I bought every game digitally.
#4jmgordon99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2014 1:38:36 PM
Okay thanks. I think I'll just take it back as it's less than a month since I bought it.
---
#5OverLordChaosPosted 4/1/2014 3:13:18 PM(edited)
Most of the XB1 consoles drives don't work M$ went cheap on the drives and other aspects of the console.
#6jmgordon99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 6:01:02 AM
Guess I should have expected this :-(
Seems like MS really doesn't want us to use discs at all. Right now I'm regretting my purchase; I feel like TitanFall is pretty "meh" and don't want kinect so I wish I had bought a PS4 instead and saved $100. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
---
#7JohnWall32Posted 4/2/2014 6:11:55 AM
I heard this is a very common problem on X1's...return it and get a PS4.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#8bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/2/2014 6:18:22 AM
My Xbox uses discs just fine. Just take it back where you bought it and get a new one.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#9Duke_of_NukePosted 4/2/2014 6:29:07 AM
My Xbone ate my dogs homework.
---
RIP Oderus Urungus.
#10TheGam3925Posted 4/2/2014 6:37:57 AM
jmgordon99 posted...
Guess I should have expected this :-(
Seems like MS really doesn't want us to use discs at all. Right now I'm regretting my purchase; I feel like TitanFall is pretty "meh" and don't want kinect so I wish I had bought a PS4 instead and saved $100. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

This is a common problem. YouTube is filled with videos of people who's consoles make the grinding sound when trying to play a disc. Return the console and get your money back
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.