Does anyone have Kinect Sports Rivals yet? Looking to play online.

#11SigmaLongshotPosted 4/1/2014 8:56:52 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
Is the bowling in this one "arcade" style or is it realistic like the last one on 360?

The mechanics are like a refined version of the original Kinect Sports' bowling mechanics; it's got less input lag and WAY more accuracy.

For example something that caught me off guard is that when you go to pick up your ball, you actually grip with your fingers!

You should've seen me ripping it to shreds initially because "God, it's not even holding the ball, look, I'm holding my hand over the ball and it just keeps dropping!"

Then a colleague says "mate, it detects your fingers, who picks stuff up with an open palm?"

I was simultaneously impressed and affronted at myself.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#12CRASS5000Posted 4/2/2014 1:54:11 PM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
Why did MS give you a free copy?

---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#13Mindwipe77Posted 4/2/2014 2:32:11 PM
i cant pay 59.99 knowing some ppl got it for free lol, nope nope ill wait until its 20 or less
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#14baddcomplex(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:21:39 PM
LOL, how butthurt are you going to feel when I tell you I also got the Xbox One for free.
#15cmincPosted 4/2/2014 10:59:09 PM
baddcomplex posted...
LOL, how butthurt are you going to feel when I tell you I also got the Xbox One for free.

Well, right now, we're all pretty sure youre getting this stuff from your mom. So, you can let us think that youre some internet loser desperate for attention, or you can tell us how youre getting this stuff for free.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#16Massiv3_CrabsPosted 4/2/2014 11:26:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17SigmaLongshotPosted 4/3/2014 12:10:09 AM
Well, I don't know if it's the same since I worked there, but at Rare you get a copy of every game you worked on (as do the official Microsoft sales representatives and retail relations guys for the purpose of promotion).

Beyond that, the only thing I'd guess is broken street date or piracy?

I mean, we only have the one promo copy in the office from Microsoft and we're a huge company. I'm not sure how an individual would have it already beyond the circumstances I outlined.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#18Massiv3_CrabsPosted 4/3/2014 2:35:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19GeistPosted 4/3/2014 3:49:02 AM
baddcomplex posted...

Yea, now you are lying. Sorry but so far you've gotten everything brought up for free, so yea....
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#20baddcomplex(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 9:35:56 AM(edited)
I received a bunch of stuff for promotional purposes, but can't show it off to the public until release date.

SigmaLongshot if you work for Rare, how do you boost start at the beginning of the jet ski race? I haven't been able to figure it out. Also can you tell Rare to patch in an option to turn the background music up while not in the game. I really like the songs they picked for it, but they are turned down to low. Also can they patch in an option to listen to those songs while playing the sports?