Is what I said false? No? Sorry guys carry on
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#12BSerenityPosted 4/1/2014 4:21:48 PM
evan13 posted...
BSerenity posted...
@evan

Your sig... Did that person really say that? lol

Haha yup, I should really update it I think I have had it since right around PS3/360 launch. Somehow the trolls are even more ridiculous now than last gen.

I wish I was around for that wtf moment, lol.
This generation definitely already have some amazing standouts.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#13TheSL1ClubPosted 4/1/2014 4:24:43 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Is what I said false? No? Sorry guys carry on

You are asking if we think your subjective opinion is false? Oh god this is getting better.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#14brownmysterPosted 4/1/2014 4:29:06 PM
I think most peoples problem is that they are overwhelmed at first. Once you learn every little detail, it's way better than the 360 ui IMO.
Now the 360 party is better, I think ms tried to overthink x1 party system
#15yiangaruuugaPosted 4/1/2014 4:36:33 PM
I think it's better. It seems a lot more open and customizable with the pins. I also use my Kinect for 90% of my navigation. I wish Netflix and Youtube had voice search, because their "keyboards" are horrible.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#16SigmaLongshotPosted 4/1/2014 4:49:14 PM
As it was at launch, definitely worse than the 360's latest UI. But in terms of potential - it's light years ahead.

It boils down to stages or levels of UI; in terms of presentation, XB1 has it completely right, and the instant multitasking and Kinect switching is a game-changer, figuratively AND literally. The problem is that right now, it's negated by adding interstitial or intermediate, needless steps to transition to trivial things. For example, using Kinect to switch to achievements to view that "plink" takes one command, but the same thing with the controller is three separate steps (on 360, it's as simple as 2 steps; xbox button, then navigating to achievements tab on mini-blades).

One extra step might not seem a lot, but it *feels* like it.

My solution? Keep everything the same, but add the 360's mini-blades quick menu by tapping the xbox button whilst holding right trigger. This way you get the incredibly useful XB1 functionality whilst offering the instant access for trivial features, a la 360.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#17PsyEdPosted 4/1/2014 5:02:22 PM
360 owns xbo in UI...even the OG ui on 360 was awesome

I don't know why we need this metro BS...360's metro is still pretty usable...xbo is a mess
---
i7 3770k | GTX 780 Ti | 32GB DDR3 | 512GB Samsung SSD Pro | ASUS Sabertooth Z77
#18Killah PriestPosted 4/1/2014 5:04:33 PM
My solution? Keep everything the same, but add the 360's mini-blades quick menu by tapping the xbox button whilst holding right trigger. This way you get the incredibly useful XB1 functionality whilst offering the instant access for trivial features, a la 360.

I would not mind the UI as much if they didn't purposely make things take longer on the controller just to make kinect more viable... so this sounds like a decent solution.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#19SigmaLongshotPosted 4/1/2014 5:39:06 PM
Killah Priest posted...

I would not mind the UI as much if they didn't purposely make things take longer on the controller just to make kinect more viable... so this sounds like a decent solution.

The UI was definitely designed with Kinect functionality in mind, and though it would be easier to utilise Kinect ANYWAY, the cynic within definitely thinks controller functionality was purposely stunted to magnify this.

If Microsoft could simply trust us to experiment with Kinect, people would probably adopt it more easily, realising the machine is actually pretty intuitive. Ironically, this just makes people skeptical as people assumes the company is stunting controller support because Kinect would be overshadowed.

Incidentally the opposite is true; instead of making an already useful device look better, it makes it look like it needs you to slash the other dude's tyres to win a race.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2095_EclipsePosted 4/1/2014 6:03:06 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
It's better, and even 360's ui trounced PS4's ui

Blatant fanboy is blatant. I love my 360, but the lack of adds and speed makes the Ps4s UI superior to the 360s
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.