Why does it take forever to install games on X1? I've been waiting for an hour

#11InninXIPosted 4/2/2014 7:32:19 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
It's because it's downloading the update for the game at the same time. Slow internet doesn't help either.

but.. ps4 does the same and the games install in less than 2 minutes..
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#12AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/2/2014 7:32:44 AM
ssimanic posted...
My internet speed is a non-issue

http://i.imgur.com/jmTDkDI.jpg

Nice, you're in the top 2%!

I'm in the top 1%. Bow before my might!
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#13Charity_DiaryPosted 4/2/2014 8:11:02 AM
ssimanic posted...
My internet speed is a non-issue

http://i.imgur.com/jmTDkDI.jpg

Wow dude, wtf. I live in a city, and pay like $150 a month for average cable and internet that sometimes spikes to 20mb/s download. If Time Warner Cable didn't have such a monopoly :/
---
GT: Blueberry Whale
<3
#14TheGam3925Posted 4/2/2014 8:25:42 AM(edited)
TC the first thing you need to do is increase your level of dedication to Microsoft, this is important. For some reason the most loyal of fanboys are able to install their games in a matter of minutes.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#15ssimanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:29:00 AM
I will say that NBA2k14 was worth the wait.
---
Girls are like hurricanes, because when they come they're wet and wild, and when they leave they take your house and car
#16IdontlikejokesPosted 4/2/2014 9:39:00 AM
TC I was just like you. Got xb1 5 days ago, wait 20 minutes for initial console set ups and updates. Have to wait while downloading digital titanfall. Figure hey I got Nba on disk hell yeah, nope. Took like an hour to install, im not a fan of this install nonsense, but I guess thats the future of gaming.
---
GameFAQS: Where there's a wrong way to breathe.
#17TreGoodaPosted 4/2/2014 9:40:34 AM
Oh, this topic again.

I think if you're going to be a gamer you should start to learn about the file sizes and hardware instead of complaining about something you don't understand.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#18AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/2/2014 9:43:06 AM
TreGooda posted...
Oh, this topic again.

I think if you're going to be a gamer you should start to learn about the file sizes and hardware instead of complaining about something you don't understand.

So do tell professor, which games on consoles have had 13 gig patches?

None ever, except for Dead Rising 3, which you need to install to play online. It has nothing to do with "not understanding" and everything to do with the boneheaded installation process.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#19pickletoucha22Posted 4/2/2014 9:45:26 AM
the download/installs for this gen are going to be the worst thing about it. they really need to do something to make them faster
---
I GOT BOXES FULL OF PEPE
#20ssj954vegitoPosted 4/2/2014 9:47:09 AM
Because it's downloading from the cloud, disconnect from the internet and the install will take 20min or less.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?