After playing both next gen consoles I have came to a conclusion

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. After playing both next gen consoles I have came to a conclusion
1 year ago#1
That the Xbox One is more fun to play and I feel I'm getting more value with my purchase.

Not that Ps4 is bad in fact back in November I chose the ps4 over Xbox one and saying to myself I'll get the Xbox one later on.
That later on was 5 days ago and between Titanfall,Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare and Forza 5 I'm having the most fun I've had in gaming for a while.
On the ps4 side I was happy with the launch titles Killzone Shadowfall looks amazing despite it's shortcomings in gameplay and I also got BF4 and NBA 2k14.
But it wasn't until I got infamous second son that I actually felt that the ps4 was worth my investment.
Xbox one I've put more money into it in the last 5 days then I did with ps4 in the last 5 months between buying the X1 and 3 games plus adding Dead Rising 3,Ryse son of Rome and Assassin creed 4 to my list after the day I got it.
I do see a good year for both consoles ps4 can't wait for The Order 1886 and Xbox One has got a couple exclusives I want to get.
But as it stands right now Xbox one was the better investment for me and I hope I don't get labeled as a fanboy cause I'm not I own both consoles I like both and I'm definitely keeping both but right now Xbox has a slight edge,
1 year ago#2
Agreed!
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
1 year ago#3
Good for you people should be more like this both consoles will be awesome
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
1 year ago#4
Totally agree...love the ps4...but the xbox is for pure fun
1 year ago#5
If the life cycle of the Xbox One is at least as long as the 360 or even a year or two shorter, being able to just say out loud....."Xbox go home, tv, watch espn" to switch from my game to watching tv...is worth the extra $100.

I got the X1 at launch and my PS4 last week. When I turned it on and had to sit there and wait for inFamous to "download" and I couldn't do anything else while it was busy...hmmmmm I thought it was "more powerful"

PS4 doesn't do anything the PS3 couldn't do except has better graphics. ??

Can't wait to play inFamous though, if only I could stop playing PvZ!
1 year ago#6
blueyc22 posted...
If the life cycle of the Xbox One is at least as long as the 360 or even a year or two shorter, being able to just say out loud....."Xbox go home, tv, watch espn" to switch from my game to watching tv...is worth the extra $100.

I got the X1 at launch and my PS4 last week. When I turned it on and had to sit there and wait for inFamous to "download" and I couldn't do anything else while it was busy...hmmmmm I thought it was "more powerful"

Honestly I've been saying the same thing for awhile....it takes just as long to download a game on ps4 as it does on the xbox one....I honestly believe it has to do with ur internet connection...also yes the ps3 did everything the ps4 does except the graphics...also the controller...but most of that stuff is gimmicks...the headset jack is amazing though but I feel the adaptor for the xbox one controller is better(even though we had to pay for it)...and infamous is amazing...u will enjoy it

Also the thing that I noticed once I had my ps4 is...once u go voice commands it's hard to go back to using the remote control all the time
1 year ago#7
blueyc22 posted...

Well it is more powerful and the argument was never for download speeds it was install speeds and ps4 games install to disk faster than xbone.
1 year ago#8
PackersXLV posted...
...But as it stands right now Xbox one was the better investment for me and I hope I don't get labeled as a fanboy cause I'm not I own both consoles I like both and I'm definitely keeping both but right now Xbox has a slight edge,

"Xbox one was the better investment for me"--I can't fault this. This is your honest opinion and you're entitled.

The games I own, Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Ryse, Infamous, Tomb Raider: Definitive.

Of those games, the PS4 gives a better visual performance on three of them, one is an Xbox One exclusive, one is a PS4 exclusive. (Titanfall is on my PC.)

So, in my opinion, the PS4 is the better console at this point, offering more enhanced visuals on most of the games I own and more bang for the buck that I spent. Any future multiplatform games will be purchased on the PS4 because of the better performance/graphics.

No real argument, it's just the different gamers will have different experiences, especially based on the games they play/like.
1 year ago#9
My experience has been similar to the OPs, except I bought both systems after launch. The library on the X1 is stacked in comparison to the PS4 so far.
1 year ago#10
quincy2000a posted...
PackersXLV postep
...But as it stands right now Xbox one was the better investment for me and I hope I don't get labeled as a fanboy cause I'm not I own both consoles I like both and I'm definitely keeping both but right now Xbox has a slight edge,

"Xbox one was the better investment for me"--I can't fault this. This is your honest opinion and you're entitled.

The games I own, Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Ryse, Infamous, Tomb Raider: Definitive.

Of those games, the PS4 gives a better visual performance on three of them, one is an Xbox One exclusive, one is a PS4 exclusive. (Titanfall is on my PC.)

So, in my opinion, the PS4 is the better console at this point, offering more enhanced visuals on most of the games I own and more bang for the buck that I spent. Any future multiplatform games will be purchased on the PS4 because of the better performance/graphics.

No real argument, it's just the different gamers will have different experiences, especially based on the games they play/like.

On the ps4 side I was blown away with BF4 and Tomb Raider definitive. I was thinking on getting BF4 on Xbox one but your right visually ps4 performance does have the edge over Xbox one in some games.
I just picked up FIFA 14 cause I needed a sports game for the Xbox one I have it on ps4 also. But on Xbox one it looks more colorful like the colourd pop more than the ps4 version.
I think later down the road multiplat games will equally look impressive on both it will be hard to choose what consoles to get it for.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. After playing both next gen consoles I have came to a conclusion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived