So is Titanfall a commercial success?

#1aznfury90Posted 4/1/2014 9:59:39 PM
Microsoft and EA spent what seems like a fortune marketing Titanfall to be the next big thing, but so far it seems most estimates have total Titanfall sales to date of only about 1 million for a release on both PC and Xbox1. I'm sure once its released on 360 it'll get another boost but I doubt it'll put the total sales anywhere near blockbuster territory.

For reference:
Diablo 3 sold 4.5 million day 1
GTA IV sold 3.8 million day 1
#2peephole303Posted 4/1/2014 10:01:52 PM
Probably

But not as much as X1 fanboys want
---
Disclaimer: I am a dyslexic so i do apologize if i misspell or use the wrong word and that my grammar may not be 100%.
#3teh1337gosuPosted 4/1/2014 10:36:50 PM
I think it isn't, they poured so much into the marketing that I'm sure they expected more.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#4HughJorgennPosted 4/1/2014 10:38:42 PM
A new IP on a new console and from internet numbers it has sold plus or minus a million copies, it is. I don't know the production/advertising cost but that is a good number with the rest of the sales statistics to follow when it hits the 360. Great first effort.
#5GuhGatPosted 4/1/2014 10:43:09 PM
Yes, economically. No, with respect to hype.
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 4/1/2014 10:52:04 PM
"This game is coming out."
"Whoa, this game is actually amazing!"

"A pretty cool game is coming out."
"Hey, you're right, this game's cool!"

"Jesus Christ Super Allah Vishnu Diamond intercourse game 11/10 perfection game is coming out!"
"This game is disappointing."

Hype tends to follow a particular balance offset.

Commercially, however, Microsoft will likely make a modest profit, but planting oak seeds never yields a behemoth right away. I'm certain Microsoft has placed enough effort into promoting this as, at very least, a B-team superbrand for the future.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#7LEGEND_725Posted 4/1/2014 10:56:42 PM
Yup and only jrpg weabooa/ ponies will try to deny it
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#8TyrannicalPosted 4/2/2014 1:59:12 AM
I think it titan fall has been an all around success, it certainly showed how old and tired games like CoD have become.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.