Ugh....not a fun day :(

#1CakesguyPosted 4/2/2014 2:48:51 AM
Xbox customer service is dreadful. I've had mine for a couple months...and turn it on a couple days ago and it freezes. So I did what everyone suggests...turning off, unplugging, the whole reset thing and then it decided to give me the green screen of death. Spent two hours troubleshooting with one of the "experts" and got nowhere...He told me to download the offline update tool onto a thumb drive and that he would call in a couple hours to see how it went. No call...so I call them and sit on the phone for two more hours and the call never gets answered. I decided to go it alone and even that fix didn't do anything. Pressing and holding the bind and eject button while turning on the power didn't make my brick read the drive...so basically I can safely say I wasted a good 6 hours today. I am very close to having them send me my money back and being done with xbox completely.

Now I am SURE there are fanboys out there who will say, should have never got one.... PS4 is superior...yadayada...I don't buy into that stuff. And I'm sure by this time tomorrow, I will have a few accusations of being a sony troll. Fact is, I bought the PS4 first...could only afford one at a time...and got this with my tax refund. I had high hopes that this would be a smooth ride...but it has been far from it. Is it worth having them send me a new one? I am not too keen on them sending me a used console when I payed for a brand new one. Should I just get my money back and go to BestBuy to replace? After this customer service thing, I am definitely having a bit of buyer's remorse....any advice would be welcome.
---
Nintendo F/C:2234-7141-2741
XBOX Live and PSN: rodolfo2004
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 4/2/2014 2:51:06 AM
That sucks... No one who is really a gamer wants things like this to happen to other gamers... Even the fanboys shouldn't feel that way
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#3Cakesguy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 3:18:26 AM
Thanks, Spets. Definitely sucks...Luckily I have a huge backlog to keep me busy on the PS3 and 360...just wish this thing would behave. I really appreciate what they are aiming for...as far as the everything box....hopefully they can get the bugs worked out.
---
#4Spetsnaz420Posted 4/2/2014 3:19:39 AM
Oh I'm sure they will... It's not like any console launch is perfect
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#5dnmtPosted 4/2/2014 3:30:28 AM(edited)
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Maybe you didn't realize but we're half a year past launch now. This is unacceptable.
#6Cakesguy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 4:32:39 AM
dnmt posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Maybe you didn't realize but we're half a year past launch now. This is unacceptable.

No need to debate. Personally, I always consider the first year as the launch window... Mainly because of the lack of huge libraries for both systems. And I do remember having to return my first PS2 during its first year because there was a problem with faulty lasers on them. So I totally get that these issues pop up. I'm sure I will get another XB1, just pretty bummed at the moment. I will insist on a refund though so I can purchase a new, sealed machine.
---
#7kennyynnooPosted 4/2/2014 4:54:49 AM
If it makes you feel better my launch 360 died at 11 months, they sent me a refurbished one and that thing still works to this day. Never once had another issue. Only other system that failed for me was a ps1 out of warranty.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#8Jedi454Posted 4/2/2014 5:02:41 AM
dnmt posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Calm down son, you're the anti-Xbox elitist on this board.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#9atl2k5Posted 4/2/2014 5:04:36 AM
Get your money back? You've had the console for a couple of months... Who's going to give you your money back? Microsoft will replace/repair it, not give you money back. Yeah, it was new when you bought it, it is now a few months used so you'll be getting a used/refurbished console as a replacement.
#10AvirosbPosted 4/2/2014 5:14:04 AM
Sorry to hear that TC, having to resort to customer service is never a fun experience.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.