I've had a PS4 since launch and bought an Xbox One yesterday

#1NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 4/2/2014 7:37:07 AM
As the title reads, I have had a PS4 since launch. I have always planned to get an XBox One when more titles that interested me were released. Well, yesterday, I was offered an Xbox One for $300 so I couldn't resist.

It didn't come with any games so I basically spent about an hour setting it up and navigating the dashboard. I have to say....coming from the PS4, the Xbox Ones dashboard seems really clunky and confusing to me. I definitely need to get used to it.

Anyways, can you guys recommend me some must play exclusive games (full or arcade)? Please don't recommend Titanfall because I really have no interest in it. I have it coming from Gamefly to try it out.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#2_MrENigma_Posted 4/2/2014 7:50:29 AM
Killer Instinct (Basic) is free. It gives you something to play with until you pick up somethinh else. Dead Rising 3 is super fun. Ryse is also a very good game. Assassains Creed 4 has been the game I put the most time in.

What kind of games interest you?
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#3InninXIPosted 4/2/2014 7:52:19 AM
I would not buy Ryse. Just rent it. It looks pretty but thats about it. Its the epitome of press button to murder.
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#4kennyynnooPosted 4/2/2014 7:53:21 AM
Forza if you like racing, dead rising is goofy great zombie killing fun. Ryse is worth beating but I would not pay $60 for it.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#5MidnightJacketPosted 4/2/2014 8:13:39 AM
The menu is clunky, particularly compared to how it was on the 360. It makes you wonder what they were thinking, like they just HAD to make drastic changes in order to put a new stamp on the system instead of sticking with what they had. PS4's it's like they went from this dry X-Y layout to a pure X layout where you have every friggin game you've ever touched stamped onto this long X-axis, regardless if you even still own it or if the disk is in. Anyway, I'm digressing - both layouts need work.

On the plus side, if you got a kinect with your system, with a little time getting used to the voice commands, the kinect is a great, quick way of navigating the xbox. While I originally didn't like that I HAD to get a kinect with my xbox, it grows on you quickly after you realize how convenient it makes your navigation, plus being able to chat with someone without putting on a mic is a big plus.

Anyway, onto the games. All 3 of the major day one exclusives are worth looking into, IMO. Ryse, for me, is a must play game. It's probably only a rental, as one or two play throughs will probably be enough for the average player before moving on to something new. Deadrising 3 is better than the previous entries into the series and feels like GTA meets zombie apocalypse, tons of fun there. I was never really interested in racing sims, but Forza 5 has been alot more fun than I had originally expected. I've ended up pouring many more hours into it than I anticipated.
#6TheMove2Posted 4/2/2014 8:14:02 AM
Plants Vs Zombies is the only game you need.
#7NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:29:55 AM
Yes, it came with a Kinect. I'm trying to get used to the voice commands on it, but I'm finding them more cumbersome than anything so I stick to the controller. As far as what type of games I like, I am pretty much good with any genre except RPGs. I do enjoy racing games, but not sims.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#8PackersXLVPosted 4/2/2014 8:36:02 AM
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is the most fun I've had in a shooter in a long while. It's like taking a vacation from your typical shooters COD and BF and a good vacation at that.
It's a 3rd person shooter most people compare it to conker live and reloaded and it is kind of like it but without the swearing.
Another game I recommend is Dead rising 3 which is not the best looking game but the amount of detail and amount of zombies they put into it is really impressive.
Story is not much either it's your typical zombie outbreak story but the gameplay is where it really shines it's so darn fun and you can spend litterly hours playing it.
If your a racing fan then Forza 5 is a no brained the game is drop dead gorgeous I like this game a lot.
Another game that shows off stunning graphics is Ryse son of Rome a lot of people don't like the gameplay and story but I think it's pretty good and worth the buy.
And finally last cause I'm saving this for you tc Titanfall the fact that this game is not on your radar as a new Xbox one owner amazes me.
Your going to here a lot of positive and negative feedback on this game but to me Titanfall is pure fun and the trick to enjoying it as much as I do don't take it serious like cod and bf cause if you then it will feel just like another cod but with big mechs.
#9ExempliGratiaPosted 4/2/2014 8:40:47 AM
InninXI posted...
I would not buy Ryse. Just rent it. It looks pretty but thats about it. Its the epitome of press button to murder.

It's fun when you put it on the harder difficulties and understand the game is about timing. Even with that don't even rent it. Wait for Ryse to be released on Games On Demand. You know it's going to happen.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#10PackersXLVPosted 4/2/2014 8:44:25 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
InninXI posted...

It's fun when you put it on the harder difficulties and understand the game is about timing. Even with that don't even rent it. Wait for Ryse to be released on Games On Demand. You know it's going to happen.

Maybe even a games with gold lol