I've had a PS4 since launch and bought an Xbox One yesterday

#11bob15xPosted 4/2/2014 7:47:51 AM
I dont understand how anyone can find the xbox one dash confusing. Its the simplest and easiest of all the consoles for the past couple generations.

pan right big icons for games, video, music and apps.

go left shortcuts (ever use windows or iOS before?

in middle, recent apps or games
#12violentdissmayPosted 4/2/2014 8:01:43 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
As the title reads, I have had a PS4 since launch. I have always planned to get an XBox One when more titles that interested me were released. Well, yesterday, I was offered an Xbox One for $300 so I couldn't resist.

It didn't come with any games so I basically spent about an hour setting it up and navigating the dashboard. I have to say....coming from the PS4, the Xbox Ones dashboard seems really clunky and confusing to me. I definitely need to get used to it.

I really like the simplicity of the PS3/4 UI, it just easier, smoother, and designed better IMO
---
Bender: There. This'll teach those filthy bastards who's lovable.
#13violentdissmayPosted 4/2/2014 8:05:59 AM
bob15x posted...
I dont understand how anyone can find the xbox one dash confusing. Its the simplest and easiest of all the consoles for the past couple generations.

Well, lets say I want to watch a trailer I downloaded on the 360. I have to go to video, chose the my video option (dont remember the specific name), wait for the app to load, go left to see my library, choose games, wait on content to load, choose the trailer i want to watch, let it load more options, then play.
On PS3/4, go to video tab, scroll down, hit x to play video
---
#14DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 8:06:10 AM
InninXI posted...
I would not buy Ryse. Just rent it. It looks pretty but thats about it. Its the epitome of press button to murder.

Possibly stupidest thing i've ever heard
---
You my friend don't just take the biscuit, you take it, eat it, then s*** back in the tin
#15bob15xPosted 4/2/2014 8:08:08 AM(edited)
violentdissmay posted...
bob15x posted...

Well, lets say I want to watch a trailer I downloaded on the 360. I have to go to video, chose the my video option (dont remember the specific name), wait for the app to load, go left to see my library, choose games, wait on content to load, choose the trailer i want to watch, let it load more options, then play.

or make a shortcut on the left and just click it.

on the ps4 you scroll and find the video tab on an ever ending growing toolbar of games and apps.
#16DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 8:07:28 AM
bob15x posted...

pan right big icons for games, video, music and apps.

go left shortcuts (ever use windows or iOS before?

in middle, recent apps or games

Even more simply, Xbox go to....
Ouch all them confusing words hurt my brain
---
You my friend don't just take the biscuit, you take it, eat it, then s*** back in the tin
#17violentdissmayPosted 4/2/2014 8:07:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18violentdissmayPosted 4/2/2014 8:11:31 AM
bob15x posted...
violentdissmay posted...
bob15x posted...

or make a shortcut on the left and just click it.

on the ps4 you scroll and find the video tab on an ever ending growing toolbar of games and apps.

If you say so, I have yet to notice an option to short cut a video (also, i usually am playing a game while the video downloads, I dont just site there and star at the screen waiting)
I do agree with the PS4 toolbar (I was going to edit my post to just say PS3 but oh well) it should just have a tab for games then have you scroll down for your choice
---
#19yiangaruuugaPosted 4/2/2014 8:11:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20omega1110Posted 4/2/2014 8:12:55 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
Yes, it came with a Kinect. I'm trying to get used to the voice commands on it, but I'm finding them more cumbersome than anything so I stick to the controller. As far as what type of games I like, I am pretty much good with any genre except RPGs. I do enjoy racing games, but not sims.

Don't know if you know it yet, but you can use the command "Xbox Go to <Game or App name> to pretty much get to anything. For me using Xbox go to to open things and then using the control once it is actually open the best way to get around the One's UI. Also think that Dead Rising 3 is a fun game to kill time with. The only catch with the go to command is you have to know the EXACT name of the app or game to get it to work. Xbox go to Amazon Prime gets you nothing, Xbox go to Amazon Prime Instant Video works like a charm. It was a hassle to me at first but I got used to it pretty quickly. Using the control alone is still a hassle it is very clunky in that regard(which is why I don't do it often).
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.