I've had a PS4 since launch and bought an Xbox One yesterday

#21AshWilliams78Posted 4/2/2014 9:16:14 AM
I do the find the PS4 UI easy to navigate but what really irks me and what I think really needs an overhaul is the PSN store. That thing is the epitome of clunkiness.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#22violentdissmayPosted 4/2/2014 9:19:13 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
violentdissmay posted...
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
As the title reads, I have had a PS4 since launch. I have always planned to get an XBox One when more titles that interested me were released. Well, yesterday, I was offered an Xbox One for $300 so I couldn't resist.

It didn't come with any games so I basically spent about an hour setting it up and navigating the dashboard. I have to say....coming from the PS4, the Xbox Ones dashboard seems really clunky and confusing to me. I definitely need to get used to it.

I really like the simplicity of the PS3/4 UI, it just easier, smoother, and designed better IMO

I feel the complete opposite. I can't find $**t on my PS4. Don't even let me get started on finding the PS+ Free games lol. That has been a nightmare. I always get taken to a screen to purchase more PS+ smh.

Yes, the new PS store (which is the same as it is on the PS3) is awful, it used to be very simple and easy, they ruined it to make it look more iPhoney
---
Bender: There. This'll teach those filthy bastards who's lovable.
#23omega1110Posted 4/2/2014 9:19:54 AM
bob15x posted...
I dont understand how anyone can find the xbox one dash confusing. Its the simplest and easiest of all the consoles for the past couple generations.

Personal example...hmm I wonder what settings I can mess around with....hmmm settings....where the heck are the settings.....Oh ok settings is now an app instead of just a menu or seperate tab....interesting.

Ok I wanna see if there are any gameplay/preview videos up for Destiny.....uhm.....I still don't know how to find game videos, do they still have those?
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#24TBONE_OGPosted 4/2/2014 9:22:18 AM
Voice commands on X1 are the best.

Enter home, Xbox: On, walk to kitchen, get some food, pass in front of tv (auto sign in), Xbox: go to friends, check it out, Xbox: go to Titanfall, change my attire, turn on controller and start gaming.
---
Always O.G.
#25bob15xPosted 4/2/2014 9:48:17 AM(edited)
omega1110 posted...
bob15x posted...
I dont understand how anyone can find the xbox one dash confusing. Its the simplest and easiest of all the consoles for the past couple generations.

Personal example...hmm I wonder what settings I can mess around with....hmmm settings....where the heck are the settings.....Oh ok settings is now an app instead of just a menu or seperate tab....interesting.

Ok I wanna see if there are any gameplay/preview videos up for Destiny.....uhm.....I still don't know how to find game videos, do they still have those?

Xbox go to settings

or, click menu button, choose settings.

cant get any easier than that. Takes barely 2 seconds.

And you choose settings, and the ps4 setting menu is way too complicated than it needs to be for the average user.

just because a person is clueless or unwilling to learn something new doesn't make it complicated, especially when they provide videos on how to navigate which makes it a breeze.

i bet the majority of people that are confused never looked at the video or never bothered to try and learn, they just saw the main screen and threw up their hands.

If a long time windows user moved to Apple and didn't know how to immediately change every setting and know every function of iOS doesn't make its apples fault.

to be successful in life, you actually have to learn on your own, a skill that seems to be fading fast from the next generation
#26yanksfan4247Posted 4/2/2014 9:59:35 AM
omega1110 posted...
Ok I wanna see if there are any gameplay/preview videos up for Destiny.....uhm.....I still don't know how to find game videos, do they still have those

Youtube app?
Internet Explorer?
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#27NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:04:58 AM
Bob.... I never said I was unwilling to learn. If you read my first post I state that I need to get used to it which pretty much means I am willing to learn it. But truth be told that if something requires "how to" videos to learn, its most likely not as user friendly as you make it out to be. I required no such videos to navigate the PS4 UI with ease. Either way, I will sit down and learn what I need to do on the XBox one when I get more time. I'm just more interested in playing games than learning how to navigate to said game.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#28sammogardPosted 4/2/2014 10:09:58 AM
what i don't get with xbox one is how to watch game trailers other then clicking on the game and watching the few trailers it has.

but as for future games its not as simple as 360 you go to my videos then its pretty easy from there

i don't knw how to only search for videos or only demo's

the xbox menu confuses me and i've played it alot at a friends house and he dont even get it.
#29bob15xPosted 4/2/2014 10:12:47 AM(edited)
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
Bob.... I never said I was unwilling to learn. If you read my first post I state that I need to get used to it which pretty much means I am willing to learn it. But truth be told that if something requires "how to" videos to learn, its most likely not as user friendly as you make it out to be. I required no such videos to navigate the PS4 UI with ease. Either way, I will sit down and learn what I need to do on the XBox one when I get more time. I'm just more interested in playing games than learning how to navigate to said game.

that wasn't aimed at you. There are people in this thread that are here solely to troll and try to make it look like everything is more difficult than it actually is. All they end up doing is proving they don't even own an xbox
#30Jiggy101011Posted 4/2/2014 10:15:15 AM
omega1110 posted...
bob15x posted...

Xbox go to settings is one option. If you press the button where the start button used to be on your controller that will also take you to your settings.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.