I've had a PS4 since launch and bought an Xbox One yesterday

#31BriisacePosted 4/2/2014 9:36:12 AM
I find the pins function useful.
---
GamerTag = Briisace.
#32omega1110Posted 4/2/2014 9:38:16 AM
bob15x posted...
that wasn't aimed at you. There are people in this thread that are here solely to troll and try to make it look like everything is more difficult than it actually is. All they end up doing is proving they don't even own an xbox

As the person quoted I will point I never said I was unwilling to learn either, I now know how to access the settings in both of ways describe now(even mentioned how nice the "Xbox go to" command is in my first post in this topic). But when I got my console at a midnight launch I just wanted set it up mess around with a few apps and go to bed while Titanfall downloaded, not read the manual and watch instructional video. And yes as a person moving from one Microsoft console to another for the 2nd time I do expect to be able to do some basic things, such as getting to setting, without having to consult the manual first! All I intended to do was share with you the person who couldn't see how it could be confusing a way in which it was confusing to me. Share a different point of view with you,give an example, not troll.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#33RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/2/2014 9:44:52 AM
PvZ
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#34kcypher2000Posted 4/2/2014 9:45:09 AM
As someone who went from xbox one first to ps4 i find the playstation menu clunky. On xbox you have two tabs with a third being for pins. If anything i find it boring and too simple.
#35KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/2/2014 9:58:30 AM(edited)
I got mine last Saturday and I have to agree, the interface is poor and unintuitive. It took me ages to work out where to redeem codes, but I did like the barcode scan with Kinect instead of entering the code when I eventually did find it. Finding other basic features was more difficult than it should be as well. Also what is the deal with auto sign in needing Kinect? Poor design choice, needs to be patched.

Considering MS started the awesome blade system with the 360 at launch (still the best console interface ever IMO, until they scrapped that for the eyesore that is current 360 dashboard), this interface is a step in the wrong direction. Windows 8 style needs to die IMO, I really dislike it.

The PS4 on the other hand has its problems, but in terms of intuitiveness, simplicity and slickness it comes way out on top.

Work needed on both interfaces, but a lot more on the Xbox One.

Just my honest thoughts on this.
---
PLAYING - Titanfall (XBO), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#36bob15xPosted 4/2/2014 10:01:18 AM
omega1110 posted...
bob15x posted...
that wasn't aimed at you. There are people in this thread that are here solely to troll and try to make it look like everything is more difficult than it actually is. All they end up doing is proving they don't even own an xbox

As the person quoted I will point I never said I was unwilling to learn either, I now know how to access the settings in both of ways describe now(even mentioned how nice the "Xbox go to" command is in my first post in this topic). But when I got my console at a midnight launch I just wanted set it up mess around with a few apps and go to bed while Titanfall downloaded, not read the manual and watch instructional video. And yes as a person moving from one Microsoft console to another for the 2nd time I do expect to be able to do some basic things, such as getting to setting, without having to consult the manual first! All I intended to do was share with you the person who couldn't see how it could be confusing a way in which it was confusing to me. Share a different point of view with you,give an example, not troll.

so the menu button on the controller completely stumped you? I wonder what menu means.
#37bob15xPosted 4/2/2014 10:02:33 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
As someone who went from xbox one first to ps4 i find the playstation menu clunky. On xbox you have two tabs with a third being for pins. If anything i find it boring and too simple.

if I am playing a game on ps4 and exit out of the game then want to go to the store it takes 2-5 minutes for the store to come up.
#38KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/2/2014 10:19:51 AM
bob15x posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

if I am playing a game on ps4 and exit out of the game then want to go to the store it takes 2-5 minutes for the store to come up.

There must be something wrong with your console or internet connection. I can get to the store in seconds from in game.

Actually I'll time it now...

I'm playing FIFA at the moment and from pausing the game to the store takes 6.5 seconds from pressing the home button to the Store homepage to fully load. You are talking absolute bollocks.
---
PLAYING - Titanfall (XBO), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#39omega1110Posted 4/2/2014 10:32:25 AM
bob15x posted...
omega1110 posted...
bob15x posted...

so the menu button on the controller completely stumped you? I wonder what menu means.

Well I know that menu doesn't mean settings, and is the button even labeled as menu or are we all supposed to know three lines means menu now? Don't remember seeing menu on the controller and the pictures I am finding do not show "menu" actually being on the controller, so yes, yes the button with the three lines on it stumped me.

Last note the whole entire point of my post was to show that it can be confusing to some people, other people have also said so, so why is this conversation continuing? Who exactly is supposed to be the troll? What have you added to this topic other than telling people who think the interface is clunky or confusing that is isn't? Its all subjective, well other than the fact I actually was confused temporarily.

No sorry one more point, anything can be confusing to some people, did you know that to some people just finding the power button on a computer is confusing? Some people find self checkout at the grocery store confusing. Some people even find the manual card reader at a cash register confusing. So is it really that hard to believe that some people will find the Xbox One UI confusing? Have you ever helped somebody that knows nothing about a computer learn how to use a computer? It turns out all kind of simple things can be confusing.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.