Amazon just lost my money for their attack on the Xbox One

#21adonfrazPosted 4/2/2014 11:37:38 AM
That's more of a shot at Xbox Live in general, not the Xbox One. You can't access Netflix without Gold on the 360 either.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
#22AceMagasePosted 4/2/2014 11:44:27 AM
MS, Sony, even Nintendo could trot somebody out on stage to point and laugh at the joke of a game amazon revealed today but that'd be like picking on they ouya - they're not even competititon

Also funny amazon would talk about not being able to access netflix w/o gold when they won't allow nexus users who pay $99 per year for prime to watch instant video on it, trying to sell more crappy kindles
#23vidalmorazaPosted 4/2/2014 11:54:44 AM
While I always hated the paywall for some apps in the Xbox Live family, I own at least other 10 devices that I can use for Netflix in my room, so it was never a problem
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
#24yiangaruuugaPosted 4/2/2014 12:00:27 PM
Why do people respond to Chevelle's posts? S/He never replies back to anything.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#25RedEnsignPosted 4/2/2014 2:12:26 PM(edited)
I wonder who they're referring to on the Amazon home page in the product announcement with this line?

"Fire TV has voice search that actually works."

Does Apple TV, Roku, or any other streaming media device use a voice command search?

*EDIT*
Nevermind. Scrolled down to the comparison chart and none of them do. Perhaps another shot at Xbone?
---
I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA exclusive rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized when they fail, we still get paid. Well played Bob.
#26dementedlullabyPosted 4/2/2014 2:08:48 PM
yiangaruuuga posted...
Why do people respond to Chevelle's posts? S/He never replies back to anything.

The same reason a sign that says don't put your fingers in the parrot cage makes people put their fingers in it. Stupidity.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#27VirobotPosted 4/2/2014 2:24:06 PM
TMOG posted...
LOL, you call that an attack?

Were you even alive during SNES vs. Genesis?

PS4 does, what Xbon't.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes." -Blackbeard.
#28lunchbox2042Posted 4/2/2014 3:18:06 PM
It's not like they lied. You have to pay $60 per year to use any of the services on XBL including ones that already have a separate subscription like Netflix and Hulu. I don't see the issue. Besides it came from a customer review and not Amazon itself.
#29CapwnDPosted 4/2/2014 3:22:52 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Yeah TC always posts like a pony, which makes this topic strange since he's trying to pretend to be pro-MS. Is he changing back and forth or is he trying and failing to fool this board?

Sounds like what you did when you left the PS3 board for this one.

Hypocrite much?

Look up the word hypocrite. I was pro sony until they backtracked on their stance about PSN being free and finally got fed up with the inferior online infrastructure. I never pretended to be something I wasn't

Maybe TC was pro-Microsoft until they announced their plans to kill gaming with DRM and always-online requirements.

Once again AceAndJunpei defending pony trolls and trying to make up things to explain their bad behavior.

Some people just don't realize that Sony fanboys really are that bad. They have to make up stuff like this, and just watch how many fools fall for it. They troll their own.

AceAndJunpei, the TC is a staunch sony fanboy, he wrote a love song to the PS3. One cannot even make this kind of stuff up. It's embarrassing to know this stuff.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#30youngskillzPosted 4/2/2014 3:34:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]