i feel they killed the value of achievements

#1jellybeanmasterPosted 4/2/2014 11:18:12 AM
Getting achievements meant accomplishing something. Achievements were directly tied to GAMERscore. The more you played, the higher itd be. But now there are achievements in apps like Netflix that reward you for nothing. If you thought gamerscore/achievements meant very little before, they mean absolutely nothing now.
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 4/2/2014 11:18:56 AM
App achievements award zero gamerscore. I don't see the issue.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Semp1Posted 4/2/2014 11:19:56 AM
Zero point achievements mean absolutely nothing. Gamer score unaffected. What's your point?
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#4squarex8264Posted 4/2/2014 11:23:11 AM
Yeah, I don't see the issue with app achievements. Like challenges, they offer no Gamerscore and are only there for people who feel like going for them. It's just a bonus for people who enjoy achievements and use those apps a lot of the time.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#5heffley19Posted 4/2/2014 11:26:22 AM
Feel like the guy seen my topic on how they were a good idea and different. Said to himself "I'm gonna show that Heffley guy, how dare he compliment MS!!!"
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#6DoukouPosted 4/2/2014 11:26:22 AM
Their value was lost long time ago, around the time Avatar the game came out and you could 1000g in ten mins. Then people started buying easy gamer score games.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#7bushidoblitzzPosted 4/2/2014 11:27:31 AM
If anything they killed the practicality of achievements. I hate how it's like an app now, it takes forever to look through them, they are hard to look at. It just sucks all around now.
---
Home What's New Contribute Features Boards Users Help 3DS DS iPhone PC PS2 PS3 PS4 PSP Vita Wii Wii U Xbox 360 Xbox One All Systems
#8MrImpatient35Posted 4/2/2014 11:28:39 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
App achievements award zero gamerscore. I don't see the issue.

I was just about to say that. I have a few Hulu achievements. All of them worth 0, so what's your point TC?
---
FML
#9LanternOfAshPosted 4/2/2014 11:45:53 AM
Doukou posted...
Their value was lost long time ago, around the time Avatar the game came out and you could 1000g in ten mins. Then people started buying easy gamer score games.

Hah. Yeah, that one game totally ruined the whole thing. Keep telling yourself that, you don't sound jealous at all.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#10AnakeriePosted 4/2/2014 11:46:09 AM
Llama...just killed a man. Put my gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead. Llama...life had just begun...
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA