i feel they killed the value of achievements

#21schmarkenheimerPosted 4/2/2014 1:49:51 PM
Wow no gamerscore with achievements. Big deal.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#22axelfooley2k5Posted 4/2/2014 1:55:39 PM
wow

if it is true apps give zero gamerscore........that means tc is just complaining and has never even seen an app give an achievement and just assumed it was a point value that would add to someones gamerscore

good stuff
---
Kramerica Industries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#23TheNonBelieverPosted 4/2/2014 1:55:53 PM
they had value in the first place?
#24EnclavePosted 4/2/2014 1:58:36 PM
I always felt they meant nothing. On my 360 I turned off achievement notifications. On my PS3 and PS4? Trophy notifications are off. Hated when the PS3 didn't allow you to turn them off.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#25stargazer1981Posted 4/2/2014 2:09:44 PM
They never had value to begin with.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#26DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 2:13:30 PM
stargazer1981 posted...

Say that again!
i will gouge out your eyes with my F***ing thumbs
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#27TheNonBelieverPosted 4/2/2014 2:23:19 PM
DarkHoles posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

Say that again!
i will gouge out your eyes with my F***ing thumbs

they have no value at all
#28scoobydoobydontPosted 4/2/2014 2:41:44 PM
The fact that they are zero point achievements only helps the tc's argument. What are the rest of you on about?

Before: you play actual game, a cheevo pops up to reward you, GS climbs slightly as one measure of that reward, feelsgoodman.

Now: using app, cheevo pops up because reasons, nothing happens to GS, wtfwasthat,nofeels.

It cheapens and dilutes the positive reinforcement that cheevos once held. Add the fact that they broke Xbone cheevos so you can't see them on xbox.com or your 360, and don't forget they added challenges just to mess with us for no reason.... it's ****ed,
whether you admit it or not. They had a good thing going, and they ruined it.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#29shingui5Posted 4/2/2014 3:14:59 PM
Newsflash: they never meant anything anyway.
#30CarpetfluffPosted 4/2/2014 3:20:50 PM
The thing that changed, albeit a while back, that I hate was the way my once completed games became incomplete gamerscore-wise when they stuck a dlc out six months later.