[LEGEND725] Please get the facts right about Titanfall and FPS games

#1LEGEND_725Posted 4/2/2014 3:44:27 PM(edited)
I see alot of ppl trolling Xbox one by posting slander about titanfall and the minions

this is not about only titanfall but the elitest hate towards shooters in general

TLDR: READ BOLD
PLEASE LINK THIS THREAD TO ANY TITANFALL BASHERS AND REQUEST STICKY (thanks <3)
TITANFALL MANUAL

As the fighting escalates, Titan Pilots such as yourself are drawn into both sides of the conflict, from far and wide. Specially trained and battle-hardened, you move faster and are far deadlier than the average conscript—to you, they are little more than cannon fodder.

Minions are expendable allied units that are generated automatically to charge into battle

THEY ARE MINIONS NOT BOTS

COMMON IGNORANT/TROLL STATEMENTS
"Lol!! Dis the power of cloud!!? Wow AI is so bad"
"Omg botz are so dumb cod and other games do bots much better!!
"Wow so casual bot game never find players!!!"

PURPOSE OF MINIONS
farm for points (attrition)
Farm for quicker Titan time
Give the combat sense of scale
Make camping less effective

LASTLY EASILY ACCESSIBLE DOES NOT MEAN CASUAL

Cool you played this game some and have a 1.5 pilot kd now you denounce the game as casual. This game is easy to be good at but hard to be great at. Try to actually play against a full team in objective mode. And don't base your opinion on pubstomp and a false desire for elitism.

Twitch shooters are not any more casual than dark souls. Twitch shooters just have a larger fan base so you are going to see more casuals. Ill curb stomp you so hard in titanfall you will be on the forums crying about "no skill twitch shooters in no time" being great in competitive full team on team CTF is no easier than holding up a 100% resist great shield and strafing right. Don't kid yourself.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#2Shingo_DKPosted 4/2/2014 3:34:51 PM
wrong forum
---
PSN: Shingo_DK: PS4
Gamertag: Shingo DK: Xbox One/360
#3JeDDyDPosted 4/2/2014 3:35:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 3:36:28 PM
Shingo_DK posted...
wrong forum

This is not about titanfall but shooters in general titanfall was my example
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#5JohnWall32Posted 4/2/2014 3:37:03 PM
No one cares about TF anymore...game is dead.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#6DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 3:38:15 PM
I agree people piss me of when they talk about the bots, How do people not understand they are there to be farmed? They are not supposed to pose any challenge at all. For your second point though tf is a game for casuals, but accessible doesn't neccissarily mean casual.
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#7DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 3:39:11 PM
Shingo_DK posted...
wrong forum

Nope board is for x1 and it's games.
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#8LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 3:40:29 PM
DarkHoles posted...
I agree people piss me of when they talk about the bots, How do people not understand they are there to be farmed? They are not supposed to pose any challenge at all. For your second point though tf is a game for casuals, but accessible doesn't neccissarily mean casual.

I would say its easy enough for casuals to enjoy but the skill cap is high enough that skilled players will still consistently dominate and competitive objective games between high level players is fun.
---
#9BSerenityPosted 4/2/2014 3:41:31 PM
First you called them minions and said they are not bots. Then you call them bots... Hmm...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 3:44:40 PM
BSerenity posted...
First you called them minions and said they are not bots. Then you call them bots... Hmm...

Wat?
---