[LEGEND725] Please get the facts right about Titanfall and FPS games

#21DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 2:54:03 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
DarkHoles posted...
BSerenity posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
BSerenity posted...
First you called them minions and said they are not bots. Then you call them bots... Hmm...

Wat?

Yeah edit your post, lol.

Hehe lol i see that

I'm innocent I promise

Lol it don't really matter anyway, minions are still bots.
---
If gamefaqs didn't have a levelling system i'd be gone.
#22lunaticcorePosted 4/2/2014 2:54:18 PM
There should be a rule against putting your name in the topic title.

Seems disruptive. Can't even focus on the actual topic at hand.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#23LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 2:54:59 PM
DarkHoles posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
DarkHoles posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
DarkHoles posted...
I agree people piss me of when they talk about the bots, How do people not understand they are there to be farmed? They are not supposed to pose any challenge at all. For your second point though tf is a game for casuals, but accessible doesn't neccissarily mean casual.

I would say its easy enough for casuals to enjoy but the skill cap is high enough that skilled players will still consistently dominate and competitive objective games between high level players is fun.

True but there is zero opportunity for it to become a competetive game, i myself had a 2.8vs pilot kd and like a 7. Something vs all kd, where normally i average a 1.5-2kd max on an fps, tf has been made too noob friendly.

Your kd is irrelevant due to titanfall not currently possessing a league play type playlist. Sure I had a 3.3 in blops 2 they didn't mean anything in high level league play (despite trolls bashing that game too)

Kd may be slightly irrelevant but i don't see how you can argue that tf is marketed towards the casual market.

I'm not but in trying to make the arguement that "titanfall takes no skill or has braindead bots" is just silly. Then you get the rpg players like dark souls players who feel a goofy sense of elitism towards fps games which is silly
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#24MrImpatient35Posted 4/2/2014 2:56:31 PM
DarkHoles posted...
I agree people piss me of when they talk about the bots, How do people not understand they are there to be farmed? They are not supposed to pose any challenge at all. For your second point though tf is a game for casuals, but accessible doesn't neccissarily mean casual.

Same here. I remember before the game launched, there was so much hatred towards the minions, and not a single person understood their purpose.
---
FML
#25TBONE_OGPosted 4/2/2014 2:56:34 PM
BSerenity posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
BSerenity posted...
First you called them minions and said they are not bots. Then you call them bots... Hmm...

Oh God, that's what you take from his post? Man.. you must be REAL blast at parties.

I don't care what he thinks about TF. I pointed out a mistake he made. Not sure why that upset you, but ok.

Not upset, I know -- you wish though, right?

You say you don't care what he thinks, yet you felt the urge to call out a typo in a snarky way. Okay, BS...
---
Always O.G.
#26CurrentBigThingPosted 4/2/2014 2:56:40 PM
Why do you put your name in the topic title? Are you that much of a narcissist?
---
"It is all that is left unsaid in which tragedies are made." - Kreia
#27lunaticcorePosted 4/2/2014 2:57:39 PM
DarkHoles posted...

I think the point is, "bots" is generally used as a term to describe AI that is made to replace or stand in for real players. In Titanfall there is no AI to replace players. All the AI that populates the games serves a different purpose than your typical bots.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#28DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 2:58:29 PM
@legend
Yeah i agree, just feel happy when you stomp them lol.
---
#29DarkHolesPosted 4/2/2014 3:00:00 PM
lunaticcore posted...
DarkHoles posted...

I think the point is, "bots" is generally used as a term to describe AI that is made to replace or stand in for real players. In Titanfall there is no AI to replace players. All the AI that populates the games serves a different purpose than your typical bots.

Yeah but there still bots
---
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 3:02:18 PM
lunaticcore posted...
DarkHoles posted...

So the minions don't fill in for the lack of count for opponents, still 6 but act as more or less, scenery?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant