[LEGEND725] Please get the facts right about Titanfall and FPS games

#81LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 7:02:17 PM(edited)
UtterMoon posted...
Nice rebuttal....

Nothing to see here and move along people...

Uhhhh?UtterMoon posted...
Uh....so you're pointing to the manual? Did you expect the manual of the game in question to paint the bots in anything other than the most positive of light?

THE MANUAL DOES NOT PAINT BOTS IN ANY LIGHT. IT EXPLAINS THAT THEY ARE MINIONS MEANT AS CANNON FODDER. YOUR REFUSAL TO ACCEPT THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT

Yes...they do have their uses, but you would be remiss to think that they are also not there to make the game feel and look larger than it is...that they are not there to fill the screen with "action".

THAT'S ONE REASON COMBINED WITH THE OTHER I LISTED. AND I FAIL TO SEE THE PROBLEM.

he reasoning behind having bots in the game isn't singular...they are there for a lot of reasons and some of them are bad..

some are good though, but I think we can all agree that they could have been so much more...

UHHH NO. YOU MAKE A GENERALIZATION "i think we can agree they could have been so much more" WHAT ELSE SHOULD THEY BE? THEY ARE MINIONS. SHOULD LOL/DOTA MINIONS DO MORE? NO. THE COMBAT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYER V PLAYER NOT PLAYER V MINION. ONCE AGAIN YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN MINION AND BOT MAKES YOUR ARGUEMENT IRRLEVANT

Also...no other FPS game uses bots like Titanfall...so this is on the wrong board, this topic does not belong on the Xbone board because this topic is about one thing...Titanfall...its not about other FPS games, but honestly...what can you expect from a fairly "well known" troll?

There. Is that thrashing good enough?

Another clueless kid spouting slander vs titanfall ... Nothing to see here
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#82NO2_FiendPosted 4/2/2014 7:10:30 PM
DarkHoles posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Well the creators of the game said they were there for bad players to kill sooooo you're wrong. Casual game is casual.

Quote? Link? Source?

http://wolfsgamingblog.com/2014/02/17/respawn-explain-how-bots-work-in-titanfall-and-why-they-exist/

In general, they’re there not only to help newer players feel like they’re accomplishing something and getting a bunch of kills, but they also provide the sort’ve humorous element to the world. They will talk to each other, they will melee each other, they will drag their buddies behind cover. They will be like ‘oh, there’s a Pilot coming through.’ ‘I don’t see what the big deal about Pilots is anyway.’ So you should eavesdrop on them, because it’s kind of funny.”
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#83XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/2/2014 7:11:05 PM
I don't get it
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#84I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 4/2/2014 7:13:14 PM
Is LEGEND_725 the new and improved TJ_Unlimited?
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#85LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 7:19:30 PM(edited)
NO2_Fiend posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Well the creators of the game said they were there for bad players to kill sooooo you're wrong. Casual game is casual.

Quote? Link? Source?

http://wolfsgamingblog.com/2014/02/17/respawn-explain-how-bots-work-in-titanfall-and-why-they-exist/

In general, they’re there not only to help newer players feel like they’re accomplishing something and getting a bunch of kills, but they also provide the sort’ve humorous element to the world. They will talk to each other, they will melee each other, they will drag their buddies behind cover. They will be like ‘oh, there’s a Pilot coming through.’ ‘I don’t see what the big deal about Pilots is anyway.’ So you should eavesdrop on them, because it’s kind of funny.”

Sure newer players can farm minions in attrition to help out there team in attrition... But outside of attrition it really does nothing but get Titan faster
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#86NO2_FiendPosted 4/2/2014 7:22:11 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...

Quote? Link? Source?

Sure newer players can farm bots in attrition to help out there team in attrition... But outside of attrition it really does nothing but get Titan faster

Farming for a Titan is no better. It's like the idiots in MW2 who would camp for a nuke except that at least took a little bit of skill. Dukes right this game is as casual as it gets. It is made by Respawn though so that is to be expected.
---
#87LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 7:22:19 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...

Quote? Link? Source?

Sure newer players can farm minions in attrition to help out there team in attrition... But outside of attrition it really does nothing but get Titan faster

So the dev described one aspect of bots and then that. Troll says

Well the creators of the game said they were there for bad players to kill sooooo you're wrong.

The dev said "in general ---"

Lol these weak arguments and trolling is why gamefaqs Is never the place for serious conversation
---
#88LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 7:24:18 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
NO2_Fiend posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...

Quote? Link? Source?

Sure newer players can farm bots in attrition to help out there team in attrition... But outside of attrition it really does nothing but get Titan faster

Farming for a Titan is no better. It's like the idiots in MW2 who would camp for a nuke except that at least took a little bit of skill. Dukes right this game is as casual as it gets. It is made by Respawn though so that is to be expected.

Yeah killing a few minions for a few seconds off your Titan is the same as kids camping for game ending nukes.

Please quit posting. It's clear you are out of your league and ignorant of topic matter. It's like talking league balance with a bronze member
---
#89HowatizerPosted 4/2/2014 7:25:17 PM
Ha ha wow some people are seriously morons.

"Why u put name in topic title ego nob!"

Put his name in search. DUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jesus man, so many posters here to facepalmthroughdeskintofloor material.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#90NO2_FiendPosted 4/2/2014 7:31:04 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Yeah killing a few minions for a few seconds off your Titan is the same as kids camping for game ending nukes.

Please quit posting. It's clear you are out of your league and ignorant of topic matter. It's like talking league balance with a bronze member

Try and spin it any way you like you know as well as I do this game caters to nothing but casuals. That's why you like it so much.
---