Headset recommendations

#1Lisbon14215Posted 4/2/2014 4:59:12 PM
So my puppy apparently got a bit hungry and worked over my old TB X12's that I've had forever. It was probably time for a new set of headphones anyways. I am just not sure what I should get to replace them with. I am looking for set with both decent audio and voice quality and maybe even wireless. Do Astro 50's work well with the Xbox One? If not, any suggestions? Thanks.
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
http://i.imgur.com/vrhzkRB.jpg
#2luigix69Posted 4/2/2014 6:21:46 PM
I bought the Xbox One Stereo ones for $80 and I am enjoying them. They are wired but only to the controller. Adjustable volume for both party chat and game chat. My brother bought a pair as well and likes them.
#3x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 4/2/2014 6:26:36 PM
A50 would be the best bet but I'd wait to see if Microsoft fixes the adapter. The adapter causes voice static on A50 since it too has a built in mix amp but I've heard this is only in game and party chat. Skype and Upload are fine which is odd.

This issue is non existent on PS4, PS3 or Xbox 360. Gotta love MS for that. :(
#4BTM4444Posted 4/2/2014 7:26:33 PM
Well based on my experience I think a50's are s***. Bought a pair brand new from GameStop and the left speaker stopped working. So I got a replacement and they stopped charging.

So I returned them to gamestop for a full refund and purchased turtle beach xp510's. No issues, love em.
#5x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 4/2/2014 7:32:27 PM
BTM4444 posted...
Well based on my experience I think a50's are s***. Bought a pair brand new from GameStop and the left speaker stopped working. So I got a replacement and they stopped charging.

So I returned them to gamestop for a full refund and purchased turtle beach xp510's. No issues, love em.

Ouch, not good. That's more of a Turtle Beach issue rather than Astro. Glad you found a solution though! I've had my A50 since launch and they're working great while my old A40 Wireless system is still in use by my friend. :)
#6BTM4444Posted 4/2/2014 7:34:59 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
BTM4444 posted...

Ouch, not good. That's more of a Turtle Beach issue rather than Astro. Glad you found a solution though! I've had my A50 since launch and they're working great while my old A40 Wireless system is still in use by my friend. :)

How is it a turtle beach issue?
#7CRASS5000Posted 4/2/2014 7:35:32 PM
I had a40's for the 360 and loved them. I got the polk 4shot for the XBO and can't recommend them. I want to get another pair of Astros but I have a feeling they are going to be coming out with an updated model soon. I've heard good things about the two models of Turtle Beach's, but I'm not a fan of the brand and their quality (imo) in the past.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#8CapwnDPosted 4/2/2014 8:02:41 PM
CRASS5000 posted...
I had a40's for the 360 and loved them. I got the polk 4shot for the XBO and can't recommend them. I want to get another pair of Astros but I have a feeling they are going to be coming out with an updated model soon. I've heard good things about the two models of Turtle Beach's, but I'm not a fan of the brand and their quality (imo) in the past.

I don't know anything about what Astro is doing, but if they have a new model I'm going to guess that it wouldn't be out anytime soon, maybe at Christmas but more likely about a year from now.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#9CRASS5000Posted 4/2/2014 9:27:59 PM
@Cap
They were/are beta testing a bluetooth model and they haven't done anything for the current gen, hence my assumption. I'm not expecting anything huge, I'd just hate to buy them and have a new release a week later.

But, you could be completely right. That's why I bought the Polk's now, because they weren't expensive and I thought I'd wait and see what Astro has going on. Like I said previously though, I can't recommend the Polk headset.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#10lunaticcorePosted 4/2/2014 9:40:51 PM
They released an update for the A40's that basically turns down the chat and attempts to eliminate the cracking sound. They were working on an A50 fix as well. I haven't chatted with mine yet.. so I can't tell you much about the problem.

I just like having that quality audio when I play games.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng