Do people know what makes the next gen consoles next gen?

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 11:11:14 PM(edited)
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TC hasn't played games on PC

Careful now, your elitist is starting to show.

His ignorance is really showing. I can ultra any game on my PC.

Right, you're the one with the 7970 who made a topic the other day about how you couldn't run BF4 on High? LOL

Edit: Of course he ignores this because he obviously cannot run high end PC games on ultra
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#12Maverick_Reznor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:53:48 PM
tadmfpole posted...
Graphics have a long long loooooooooong way to go before they reach as good as can possibly be done. You are seriously underestimating technology and how fast it is multiplying in growth.

and you are overestimating what we can do now and the near future.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Infamous: Second Son
Looking Forward To: Destiny, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#13RebelGameMasterPosted 4/2/2014 10:56:52 PM
Not sure if TC is serious or not.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#14MertensCWPosted 4/2/2014 11:00:45 PM
Sure do.
A higher number in Sony's case and weirder names for MS and Nintendo.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#15Maverick_Reznor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 11:05:26 PM(edited)
RebelGameMaster posted...
Not sure if TC is serious or not.

Of course the consoles themselves are part of a gen based on time, but the way they are built is next gen technology wise. Not the parts themselves but how they interact with each other.
There was a good article about it but I cant find it atm.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Infamous: Second Son
Looking Forward To: Destiny, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#16CapwnDPosted 4/2/2014 11:20:00 PM
cminc posted...
You know, i didnt even know that nin had a new album come out last year until i saw in the paper that theyre coming here on tour this august? In that moment, i realized that i was too old to define a generation by anything other than time.

I drove up to Minnesota to see the first show for that tour last year, and I'm going to see them again down in Chicago in July.

I made a vow to myself that I will not ever miss a NIN or Tool show if it's within a 400 mile range, and if it's an Iron Maiden show it has to be one of those throwback shows where they play all old stuff. For that, I will travel further.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#17CaIiber345Posted 4/2/2014 11:31:27 PM
cminc posted...
In that moment, i realized that i was too old to define a generation by anything other than time.

Poetic.

+1
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#18Tyronelio1Posted 4/2/2014 11:34:14 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
cminc posted...
In that moment, i realized that i was too old to define a generation by anything other than time.

Poetic.

+1

+ 1
#19THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/2/2014 11:42:58 PM
Specs. The devs use those Next Gen Specs to make Next Gen games. The last big innovation to me was dual analog sticks.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#20TheSL1ClubPosted 4/2/2014 11:59:01 PM(edited)
Maverick_Reznor posted...
tadmfpole posted...
Graphics have a long long loooooooooong way to go before they reach as good as can possibly be done. You are seriously underestimating technology and how fast it is multiplying in growth.

and you are overestimating what we can do now and the near future.

You say that with a straight face when 4k gaming isn't near standardized atm? Graphics can still be improved by a lot.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.