Is Halo 2 Remastered for Xbox One just a nostalgia gimmick?

#1Second_HokagePosted 4/2/2014 8:41:54 PM
Anyone else thinks so?
#2da_StoOgePosted 4/2/2014 8:46:34 PM
Agreed. It's as bad as the blu-ray release of The Godfather.

I want stuff, not old s*** that's only good because people refuse to take of their rose tinted glasses.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#3Tyronelio1Posted 4/2/2014 8:47:59 PM
Nope, it's literally halo 2s 10th anniversary so why not celebrate it by bring it into HD and people have been wanting it for years.

Now the last of us ps4 is a cash grab, the game came out less than a year ago. >.>
#4LEGEND_725Posted 4/2/2014 8:49:07 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Nope, it's literally halo 2s 10th anniversary so why not celebrate it by bring it into HD and people have been wanting it for years.

Now the last of us ps4 is a cash grab, the game came out less than a year ago. >.>

This
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#5JiZamezPosted 4/2/2014 8:49:32 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Yet Xboners don't complain about Tomb Raider "Definitive edition." Ok then.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
#6HellsControllerPosted 4/2/2014 8:50:16 PM(edited)
As much as I'd hate to agree with the two posters above me, I'd love a Halo 2 remake. Simply because Lockout is the best map ever.

Edit: I don't mean you JiZamez. I mean the two above you.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#7RayconPosted 4/2/2014 8:51:14 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

And there are people who have been wanting a PS4 version of The Last of Us as well (why is beyond me). I hardly see the difference.

If you honestly think one is a cash grab and the other isn't, you might want to rethink that. Everything in this business is about the bottom line.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#8Tyronelio1Posted 4/2/2014 8:51:40 PM
JiZamez posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Yet Xboners don't complain about Tomb Raider "Definitive edition." Ok then.

I didn't because that game needed and deserved to break even and it was multiplat so everyone could play it, not just a re release hailed as the all mighty exclusive of the year.
#9da_StoOgePosted 4/2/2014 8:57:24 PM
HellsController posted...
As much as I'd hate to agree with the two posters above me, I'd love a Halo 2 remake. Simply because Lockout is the best map ever.

If they do a remake they need to use the identical framework or what ever you'd call it for Lockout.

That is literally my favourite multiplayer map, but mostly because there are these tiny, half inch ledges above doorways that allow a skilled player to spring off them and on to the level above.

You need to do a perfectly timed jump crouch or you'll fall, however, as the ledge is too small to stand on. It's Just Big enough to get a simple jump off and it allowed me to get around the entire map much quicker than anyone I played against.

The remake of the level in Halo 3 that they claimed was 99% identical, did not have these ledges.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#10HellsControllerPosted 4/2/2014 9:01:13 PM
da_StoOge posted...
HellsController posted...

If they do a remake they need to use the identical framework or what ever you'd call it for Lockout.

That is literally my favourite multiplayer map, but mostly because there are these tiny, half inch ledges above doorways that allow a skilled player to spring off them and on to the level above.

You need to do a perfectly timed jump crouch or you'll fall, however, as the ledge is too small to stand on. It's Just Big enough to get a simple jump off and it allowed me to get around the entire map much quicker than anyone I played against.

The remake of the level in Halo 3 that they claimed was 99% identical, did not have these ledges.

While I love lockout as well, we do so for different reasons. Be it nostalgia or whatever, but that level is so god damned comfy. How many hours I spent split screen with my friend at the local EBGames or at my house. It was just amazing. The sword, sniper and shotgun. The cold environment. Nothing around you other than a massive fall. Greatest map ever.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone