Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

#1Tyronelio1Posted 4/2/2014 9:57:33 PM
Your opinion? - Results (158 votes)
Microsoft
46.2% (73 votes)
Sony
34.18% (54 votes)
Nintendo
19.62% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hmmmm
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 10:00:24 PM(edited)
Sony, Virtual Reality headset to consoles is the most innovative, Kinect was done last generation, along with the PS Camera.

Let me ask this, which is more appealing, talking to your TV or being fully immersed in a fully 3D rendered world where you can rotate your head and see the world around you as if it were real.

---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#3Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 9:59:49 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sony, Virtual Reality headset to consoles is the most innovative, Kinect was done last generation, along with the PS Camera.

Virtual boy says hi, virtual reality in its most basic concept but it was still virtual reality with a headset.
#4MertensCWPosted 4/2/2014 10:00:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5matty549Posted 4/2/2014 10:00:59 PM
The whole gaming industry has just turned into a bunch of cigar smoking CEOs demanding that more brown FPSes get made to maximize $$. No one is innovating anymore.
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 10:06:14 PM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Virtual boy says hi, virtual reality in its most basic concept but it was still virtual reality with a headset.

Not even close, might as well say the Power Glove is the same as the Kinect, since it does basic motion controls

Edit: Hell, let's even use the old Sega Ring motion control that failed, the one where you stand in a circle and it senses your kicks, that's the more basic kinect, and the microphone for old PS2 games for voice commands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeline_(video_game)

Supported speech recognition on PS2

So, what other rubbish you going to use?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#7Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:02:02 PM
MertensCW posted...
Sure do.
A higher number in Sony's case and weirder names for MS and Nintendo.

What?
#8Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:04:51 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Not even close, might as well say the Power Glove is the same as the Kinect, since it does basic motion controls

I wasnt aware the power glove used voice commands and had a camera built in?
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 10:06:51 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

I wasnt aware the power glove used voice commands and had a camera built in?

I wasn't aware the Virtual Boy allowed you to view a world in a 360 degree pattern and monitored your motion with a camera for tracking.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#10BryanPS360Posted 4/2/2014 10:07:35 PM
I'll go with Microsoft
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf