Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/2/2014 10:25:56 PM(edited)
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
...they're saying the sony headset is going to be like 1,000 bucks.

Oculus Rift will be like 1/3 of that or less. Now since Sony is building a VR headset, do u think they're going to support the rift, which can do the same thing and costs a fraction of the price? No. Very unlikely as that would pretty much guarantee if people could choose between the two, they would get the rift.

Now, if MS supports the rift, it's pretty much over as far as Sonys VR headset fantasies.

I don't understand why they would even attempt to make that when they could work with oculus directly for some Sony branded version for way way less money.

Who is saying this? Your ass?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/19/morpheus-targeting-a-249-299-price-point-sony-working-on-absolutely-fantastic-things-insider/

and the Rift is not coming to console, they already stated it's not coming to consoles so you don't need to mention that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/consoles-too-limited-for-oculus-rift
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#22CaIiber345Posted 4/2/2014 10:28:07 PM
As far as multimedia features go? Microsoft.

As far as games and gaming go, Nintendo with the Wiimote/Wiipad whatever it is, and Sony's attempt at game streaming (PSNow) and VR.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#23Spetsnaz420Posted 4/2/2014 10:39:25 PM
Lmao people think MS is innovative
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#24matt-nicklinPosted 4/2/2014 11:00:19 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sony, Virtual Reality headset to consoles is the most innovative, Kinect was done last generation, along with the PS Camera.

Let me ask this, which is more appealing, talking to your TV or being fully immersed in a fully 3D rendered world where you can rotate your head and see the world around you as if it were real.

Neither, I just want to sit on my sofa and play a game, couldn't care less about 3d reality and camera non sense
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#25TheSL1ClubPosted 4/2/2014 11:03:59 PM
After seeing Fighter Within in action, not the kinect that's for sure, I'd say that's 100 steps backwards.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#26aszsithPosted 4/2/2014 11:09:54 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Lmao people think MS is innovative

LOL. People think Sony is innovative.

Nearly everything they have done in terms of the video game division has been copied from another company.

PSOne? Originally a partnership with Nintendo.
Dual Shock controller? Nintendo did Rumble and Analog Sticks first.
Analog Triggers? Dreamcast.
PS Eye? Webcam.
PSN? XBLA.
Trophies? Achievements.
Move? Wiimote and Nunchuck.
PS AllStars Battle? Smash Bros.
Project Morpheus? Oculus Rift.

Of course, Microsoft, since they came into the game later than Sony is guilty of copying a fair amount as well. It is the nature of the industry. But Microsoft has been trying to pave a new path only to be thwarted by gamers who cry foul at the slightest hint of change or innovation. Sony is doing better with the PS4 right now in part because it was a safe move. They made zero innovation out of the gate. They just made a stronger console to follow the PS3. It was safe business. Microsoft decided not to follow that path this cycle.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#27V_BurghPosted 4/3/2014 2:18:51 AM
I don't support them or purchase any of their products, but Nintendo is usually the most innovative of the big three.
---
BANDWAGON HOOOOOO!
#28Jptremblay13Posted 4/3/2014 3:26:02 AM
Virtual Boy wasnt VR at all

I had one, it was portable because it was an all in one system, meaning the console and the screen were merged togheter. But it was on a tripod and not on your head. It was VR at ALL. More like basic 3D gaming.
#29richboy900Posted 4/3/2014 3:41:23 AM
BryanPS360 posted...
I'll go with Microsoft

Yeah, the Xbox one is an all round system. I like the multitasking features as well.

Lol at those saying Sony when Microsoft is likely producing vr/ar equipment as well. The last time they (Sony) were innovative was with the eye toy on ps2.

Things Microsoft started:
Hard drive in console. Far better than those awful 8mb cards.

Direct X with console games. It's actually why it was called the Xbox.

Online gaming via console. You could argue the Dreamcast kicked it off, but live really took it to a new level.

Achievements for games.

Custom sound tracks on games.
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 4:39:27 AM(edited)
richboy900 posted...
BryanPS360 posted...
I'll go with Microsoft

Yeah, the Xbox one is an all round system. I like the multitasking features as well.

Lol at those saying Sony when Microsoft is likely producing vr/ar equipment as well. The last time they (Sony) were innovative was with the eye toy on ps2.

Things Microsoft started:
Hard drive in console. Far better than those awful 8mb cards.

Direct X with console games. It's actually why it was called the Xbox.

Online gaming via console. You could argue the Dreamcast kicked it off, but live really took it to a new level.

Achievements for games.

Custom sound tracks on games.

Direct X isn't anything innovative. Direct X is terrible.

XBLA isn't the first online gaming service, maybe for console but none the less.. not the first gaming console

Same goes for hard drive, use for gaming for years

and achievements, well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Motion

First game with achievements, from the 80s, so once again. Not innovative or new.

Microsoft is a computer software company foremost, all of this is relevant when comparing innovation because none of what they did was innovative from what type of company they really are.

Cuistom Soundtrack isn't new, been doing that forever on PC and now, you can't even do that on the Xbox One unless you subscribe to a service. So a service behind a paywall isn't a feature, now is it.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant