Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

#31Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 4:40:41 AM
Yet your defense on why you chose Sony is because of VR when, even if I was wrong with the virtual boy.

The occulus rift did it first?
#32Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 4:45:33 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Yet your defense on why you chose Sony is because of VR when, even if I was wrong with the virtual boy.

The occulus rift did it first?

Rift didn't do it first either.

and Rift got sold to Facebook, so it's probably never going to exist the way it was at once. Doesn't matter, the topic title reads

"This new Generation"

"Which of the big 3"

So the past is irrelevant to the topic and other companies are not relevant.

With what we're seeing on the consoles, so far it goes to Sony. Microsoft is just using it's old Kinect and integrating it into the OS and added an HDMI pass through port. Sony has a camera that does all that the Kinect does, and is releasing a virtual reality headset which will far innovative gameplay far more than motion controls which has been used for the past 7 years with the Wii
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#33axelfooley2k5Posted 4/3/2014 4:58:38 AM
this generation
meh
funny 3/4 of this topic consists of people arguing about past generations

hdmi in ....not needed
kinect....360 had it...ps4 has the eye sold separately
share....both have it

sony has that vr crap....ms doesnt correct?
sony has installs that take minutes...play while install....xbox take hours..but still has it
sony has game streaming....that may be the most innovative

vr and game streaming is the key here
---
FREEZE!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#34xxtasy911Posted 4/3/2014 5:01:50 AM(edited)
Microsoft blatantly trying to screw over consumers = Innovation these days HAHA

---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#35richboy900Posted 4/3/2014 5:01:34 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
richboy900 posted...
BryanPS360 posted...
I'll go with Microsoft

Yeah, the Xbox one is an all round system. I like the multitasking features as well.

Lol at those saying Sony when Microsoft is likely producing vr/ar equipment as well. The last time they (Sony) were innovative was with the eye toy on ps2.

Things Microsoft started:
Hard drive in console. Far better than those awful 8mb cards.

Direct X with console games. It's actually why it was called the Xbox.

Online gaming via console. You could argue the Dreamcast kicked it off, but live really took it to a new level.

Achievements for games.

Custom sound tracks on games.

Direct X isn't anything innovative. Direct X is terrible.

XBLA isn't the first online gaming service, maybe for console but none the less.. not the first gaming console

Same goes for hard drive, use for gaming for years

and achievements, well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Motion

First game with achievements, from the 80s, so once again. Not innovative or new.

Microsoft is a computer software company foremost, all of this is relevant when comparing innovation because none of what they did was innovative from what type of company they really are.

Cuistom Soundtrack isn't new, been doing that forever on PC and now, you can't even do that on the Xbox One unless you subscribe to a service. So a service behind a paywall isn't a feature, now is it.

Er, that's the point and what this topic is about, innovativion with consoles.

Why bring pc into the equation, it's better than consoles in nearly every way. Are you one of the "elite master race" jerks. Pc gaming is great, but that doesn't mean consoles are awful.

The point stands that the Xbox introduced online gaming to a new standard, custom soundtracks and hard drive in a console.

Sure Pc had that beforehand- I was playing joint operations typhoon rising and battlefield online before Xbox live even began, but the topic is about the innovation consoles brought to gamers
#36Kovalchuk_Posted 4/3/2014 5:02:00 AM
I say Microsoft > Nintendo > Sony

Obviously power wise Sony wins but they were not that innovative with the PS4 imo. Gamers say they want new things and bash Microsoft/Nintendo when they try stuff.
---
3754-7115-0719
#37Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 5:04:50 AM
richboy900 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
richboy900 posted...
BryanPS360 posted...
I'll go with Microsoft

Yeah, the Xbox one is an all round system. I like the multitasking features as well.

Lol at those saying Sony when Microsoft is likely producing vr/ar equipment as well. The last time they (Sony) were innovative was with the eye toy on ps2.

Things Microsoft started:
Hard drive in console. Far better than those awful 8mb cards.

Direct X with console games. It's actually why it was called the Xbox.

Online gaming via console. You could argue the Dreamcast kicked it off, but live really took it to a new level.

Achievements for games.

Custom sound tracks on games.

Direct X isn't anything innovative. Direct X is terrible.

XBLA isn't the first online gaming service, maybe for console but none the less.. not the first gaming console

Same goes for hard drive, use for gaming for years

and achievements, well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Motion

First game with achievements, from the 80s, so once again. Not innovative or new.

Microsoft is a computer software company foremost, all of this is relevant when comparing innovation because none of what they did was innovative from what type of company they really are.

Cuistom Soundtrack isn't new, been doing that forever on PC and now, you can't even do that on the Xbox One unless you subscribe to a service. So a service behind a paywall isn't a feature, now is it.

Er, that's the point and what this topic is about, innovativion with consoles.

Why bring pc into the equation, it's better than consoles in nearly every way. Are you one of the "elite master race" jerks. Pc gaming is great, but that doesn't mean consoles are awful.

The point stands that the Xbox introduced online gaming to a new standard, custom soundtracks and hard drive in a console.

Sure Pc had that beforehand- I was playing joint operations typhoon rising and battlefield online before Xbox live even began, but the topic is about the innovation consoles brought to gamers

Point of the topic is this generation, none of that you listed is from this generation.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#38Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 5:05:22 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/21/microsoft-is-working-with-virtual-reality-too/

No one knows who started research first.

So they both get a plus?

Also you've been able to game share on the Xbox 360 before.
#39Juzten76Posted 4/3/2014 5:10:15 AM
LOL @ Sony being innovative. Does the PS4 have rumble triggers? Motion controls? Voice commands? HDMI passthrough? Achievements? Game DVR? Smartglass? If they do have any of those, were they the first to do it? Please let me know what new and innovative ideas Sony has brought to the table. Are people really going to use VR headsets as an example. That concept has been around for decades.
#40Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 5:11:31 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/21/microsoft-is-working-with-virtual-reality-too/

No one knows who started research first.

So they both get a plus?

Also you've been able to game share on the Xbox 360 before.

Yeah, they no commercial product or anything to show. Otherwords, they have nothing.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2