Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

#41Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 5:13:09 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/21/microsoft-is-working-with-virtual-reality-too/

No one knows who started research first.

So they both get a plus?

Also you've been able to game share on the Xbox 360 before.

Yeah, they no commercial product or anything to show. Otherwords, they have nothing.

But Morpheus isn't a commercial product? Sure they showed the project rift knock off but that doesn't mean anything?
#42Joey-ZazaPosted 4/3/2014 5:15:19 AM
Nintendo.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#43Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 5:15:34 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/21/microsoft-is-working-with-virtual-reality-too/

So they both get a plus?

Yeah, they no commercial product or anything to show. Otherwords, they have nothing.

But Morpheus isn't a commercial product? Sure they showed the project rift knock off but that doesn't mean anything?

The article you posted, says they're working with virtual reality, doesn't say they're making a virtual reality product. Says they have no plans for making any of it commercial, aka.. releasing it to the public.

Rift is irrelevant, read your own topic title and OP.

You're really bad at this aren't you
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#44richboy900Posted 4/3/2014 5:15:49 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
richboy900 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
richboy900 posted...
BryanPS360 posted...
I'll go with Microsoft

Yeah, the Xbox one is an all round system. I like the multitasking features as well.

Lol at those saying Sony when Microsoft is likely producing vr/ar equipment as well. The last time they (Sony) were innovative was with the eye toy on ps2.

Things Microsoft started:
Hard drive in console. Far better than those awful 8mb cards.

Direct X with console games. It's actually why it was called the Xbox.

Online gaming via console. You could argue the Dreamcast kicked it off, but live really took it to a new level.

Achievements for games.

Custom sound tracks on games.

Direct X isn't anything innovative. Direct X is terrible.

XBLA isn't the first online gaming service, maybe for console but none the less.. not the first gaming console

Same goes for hard drive, use for gaming for years

and achievements, well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Motion

First game with achievements, from the 80s, so once again. Not innovative or new.

Microsoft is a computer software company foremost, all of this is relevant when comparing innovation because none of what they did was innovative from what type of company they really are.

Cuistom Soundtrack isn't new, been doing that forever on PC and now, you can't even do that on the Xbox One unless you subscribe to a service. So a service behind a paywall isn't a feature, now is it.

Er, that's the point and what this topic is about, innovativion with consoles.

Why bring pc into the equation, it's better than consoles in nearly every way. Are you one of the "elite master race" jerks. Pc gaming is great, but that doesn't mean consoles are awful.

The point stands that the Xbox introduced online gaming to a new standard, custom soundtracks and hard drive in a console.

Sure Pc had that beforehand- I was playing joint operations typhoon rising and battlefield online before Xbox live even began, but the topic is about the innovation consoles brought to gamers

Point of the topic is this generation, none of that you listed is from this generation.

"Yeah, the Xbox one is an all round system. I like the multitasking features as well.

Lol at those saying Sony when Microsoft is likely producing vr/ar equipment as well."

Eighth gen right there. Fair enough I did go off point at the end.
#45Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 5:21:47 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

So they both get a plus?

The article you posted, says they're working with virtual reality, doesn't say they're making a virtual reality product. Says they have no plans for making any of it commercial, aka.. releasing it to the public.

It's still a oculus rift knock off, no matter how you deny it.

I wasnt denying your claim that it's so innovative for this gen.

The only difference is that it's made by Sony for Playstation.
#46Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 5:35:36 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

So they both get a plus?

It's still a oculus rift knock off, no matter how you deny it.

I wasnt denying your claim that it's so innovative for this gen.

The only difference is that it's made by Sony for Playstation.

The thing is, you have to prove if it is an Oculus Rift knockoff, which one was in development first? Since the Rift isn't released, who knows. =)
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#47Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 5:37:05 AM
Oh, coming back with my own argument, well played sir, well played.
#48Jedi454Posted 4/3/2014 5:39:10 AM
Microsoft took the biggest leap for innovation and that's why Xeeh is attacking them. Consumers don't like innovation.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#49Dev445Posted 4/3/2014 5:53:51 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
I say Microsoft > Nintendo > Sony

Obviously power wise Sony wins but they were not that innovative with the PS4 imo. Gamers say they want new things and bash Microsoft/Nintendo when they try stuff.

I'd say this too. MS is always willing to try new things if it works Sony copies and if it doesn't they make snide remarks. Nintendo be in there own world, so they always try new things
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#50teeebzPosted 4/3/2014 5:57:41 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sony, Virtual Reality headset to consoles is the most innovative, Kinect was done last generation, along with the PS Camera.

Let me ask this, which is more appealing, talking to your TV or being fully immersed in a fully 3D rendered world where you can rotate your head and see the world around you as if it were real.

VR can be awesome if done right. With that aside, if it launches for ps4 and it's kind of blah and has problems (like people have with the kinect) then what? Hasn't the oculus been around for awhile now while the creators continue to fine tune it. Why everyone thinks that now since VR is in practice, we'll all be a part of some sort of tron genre or something else is crazy
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83