Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?
1 year ago#51
Dev445 posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
I say Microsoft > Nintendo > Sony

Obviously power wise Sony wins but they were not that innovative with the PS4 imo. Gamers say they want new things and bash Microsoft/Nintendo when they try stuff.

I'd say this too. MS is always willing to try new things if it works Sony copies and if it doesn't they make snide remarks. Nintendo be in there own world, so they always try new things

---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
1 year ago#52
None of them at all...

VR has been dabbled with a long time

Kinect 2 is just an updated version of the previous one

Voice Command has been done before

WiiU Second screen was done with the 64(or was it the cube) and the 4 swords/FF Crystal Chronicles games

All are just building upon something done before.
1 year ago#53
Defiantly Microsoft Xbox one and this is from owning both ps4 and xbox one. There console does so much more then the ps4 and combined with kinect does even more this is funny tho cause of Microsoft heavy innovation and trying to bring new experiences they get hated even more for it lol they just can't win or catch a break
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
1 year ago#54
Let me say sony but Microsoft has the most potential.

I say sony because they've proven and showed innovative products. The touch pad is innovative. Something people forget. It basically creates a lot more buttons to be mapped on the device similar to some pc benefits. They've also shown ps now. I don't think it'll work or be useful in the next year, but if amazon's streaming box takes off, sony has an answer. They also are working on VR. Yet to be proven though.

Now Microsoft has not shown too much innovation. They showed kinect. While you can navigate the UI with it, the commands are not based on natural language like the voice assistant on our phones. As in we have to say "Xbox. Play forza Motorsport 5" rather than "hello Xbox. Can you turn on forza for me". When it comes to games, it almost seems like a huge flop. I'm looking at fighter within of course. But the fact is, is that the kinect can read a lot of visual information that developers can seem to use in game. Unless VR brings it all together. Since kinect is ultimately the best camera and VR can put you in the game. The motion plus visual immersion could prove to be much better than sony's version of VR plus motion camera in that you will need to hold the move controller or less than ideal motion controls.

As for wii u. Sorry. They may have set forth the first second screen experience but they didn't make it multi touch, and developers continue to not utilize it like sony or Microsoft do with the secondary apps on the smartphone or tablet.
1 year ago#55
ejay8320 posted...
None of them at all...

VR has been dabbled with a long time

Kinect 2 is just an updated version of the previous one

Voice Command has been done before

WiiU Second screen was done with the 64(or was it the cube) and the 4 swords/FF Crystal Chronicles games

All are just building upon something done before.

Second screen was first on the dreamcast with the VMU
1 year ago#56
I just find it such a hoot that Xeeh who despises Kinect now is the web champion for Sony's VR.

So predictable you could have bet the house on it.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
1 year ago#57
I honestly don't see anything innovative in the Xbox One.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
1 year ago#58
Nothing that either system did for Launch was innovative at all.

However, looking forward, Sony is doing a lot more. Just with PSNow, VR and Gaze-Tracking. Also i would like to mention the Vita Remote play, as it's not an original idea but it IS the absolute best implementation to date.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
1 year ago#59
teeebz posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sony, Virtual Reality headset to consoles is the most innovative, Kinect was done last generation, along with the PS Camera.

Let me ask this, which is more appealing, talking to your TV or being fully immersed in a fully 3D rendered world where you can rotate your head and see the world around you as if it were real.

VR can be awesome if done right. With that aside, if it launches for ps4 and it's kind of blah and has problems (like people have with the kinect) then what? Hasn't the oculus been around for awhile now while the creators continue to fine tune it. Why everyone thinks that now since VR is in practice, we'll all be a part of some sort of tron genre or something else is crazy

If its crap, its crap but with the support for the Kinect far as games go, wouldn't take much to be better.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
1 year ago#60
Ellesarien posted...
I just find it such a hoot that Xeeh who despises Kinect now is the web champion for Sony's VR.

So predictable you could have bet the house on it.

I'm not buying the VR, but stepping back and looking at both products, the Kinect 2.0 and the VR, I would say the VR is the most innovative because it's not something console gamers have been able to use before. The Kinect 2.0 is an updated Kinect, it's old news and the other functions, most Smart TVs offer those, at least my TV does.

You don't have to have any bias to see that VR is more innovative for gaming than another Kinect unless you're a mouth breathing fanboy.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived