Regarding this new generation, which of the big 3 has been more innovative?

#61Shik_stickPosted 4/3/2014 11:14:51 AM
Nothiteeebz posted...
Dev445 posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
I say Microsoft > Nintendo > Sony

Obviously power wise Sony wins but they were not that innovative with the PS4 imo. Gamers say they want new things and bash Microsoft/Nintendo when they try stuff.

I'd say this too. MS is always willing to try new things if it works Sony copies and if it doesn't they make snide remarks. Nintendo be in there own world, so they always try new things

Nothing they have EVER done, has been new or original. They have just taken things that have already been done and tried to refine them a bit more to varied success.The only company that has actually innovated in console gaming over the years has been Nintendo, with some things working and some not. Sony and MS,both, just try to fine tune ideas others have had.

Looking forward however, as i said already, Sony is looking a lot better as far as innovation goes. MS has absolutely nothing.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#62thegrimgunnerPosted 4/3/2014 11:21:35 AM
Virtual reality and innovation dont go together when the OCULUS RIFT has been around for almost a year.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#63Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 11:26:59 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
Virtual reality and innovation dont go together when the OCULUS RIFT has been around for almost a year.

Occulus Rift isn't even released yet.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#64EnclavePosted 4/3/2014 6:00:15 PM(edited)
Ugh, people in this topic. Your precious Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo copies from their competitors and vice versa. Trying to claim one of them doesn't simply marks you as a worthless fanboy.

Also, to those claiming Sony is copying the Rift? Sony has been a leader in head mounted displays since the Rift was even close to concept phase. It stands to reason that Sony likely has been working towards VR for a long time now. That said, the concept for VR has been around for quite a while and has even been executed elsewhere, so even if Sony has been working on VR longer than Oculus Rift has they still don't get credit for the concept or creation of it.

So TLDR;Everybody copies everybody.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#65thegrimgunnerPosted 4/8/2014 8:28:24 AM
Developer kits have been going for sale for almost a year now.
The only TRUE Innovation thus far has been. The snap feature/MultiTasking for consoles that is. Virtual reality is not new.
---
PC/Steam Krason
#66BigBOO2UPosted 4/8/2014 11:41:19 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sony, Virtual Reality headset to consoles is the most innovative, Kinect was done last generation, along with the PS Camera.

Virtual boy says hi, virtual reality in its most basic concept but it was still virtual reality with a headset.

Not even close, might as well say the Power Glove is the same as the Kinect, since it does basic motion controls

I wasnt aware the power glove used voice commands and had a camera built in?

I wasn't aware the Virtual Boy allowed you to view a world in a 360 degree pattern and monitored your motion with a camera for tracking.

You forgot the part about a color other than red too.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#67Viet0nePosted 4/8/2014 11:53:51 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
Developer kits have been going for sale for almost a year now.
The only TRUE Innovation thus far has been. The snap feature/MultiTasking for consoles that is. Virtual reality is not new.

Not any real innovation. Multitasking existed long before the consoles. Snap is near useless in any practical gaming since it reduces the real estate for the game itself.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#68thegrimgunnerPosted 4/8/2014 4:00:45 PM
Have you used snap? Its near enough seamless. When i say that i dont mean like my PC with dual monitors watching a movie while i play a game or serf the net. I dont mean like Alt tabbing out of a game to change something on the second screen. Snaps quite an interesting tool and VERY much the ONLY innovation I've come across this Gen excluding the Gamepad.
---
PC/Steam Krason