It was almost a year ago when Microsoft announced their drm Xbox One

#1Hucast9Posted 4/3/2014 12:20:23 AM(edited)
Things have changed since then, but time sure has flied. They reversed their drm policies, and made everything well. Remember the initial reactions? This is one of the funniest videos i've ever seen on Youtube about the reaction to Microsoft's Xbox One reveal and their drm abomination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0fK4JKPvE4
#2dnmtPosted 4/3/2014 12:19:10 AM
Can't forget this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
#3CaIiber345Posted 4/3/2014 12:21:27 AM
flied
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#4Tyronelio1Posted 4/3/2014 12:21:41 AM
It such a sad thought that ms back tracked because cry baby gamers in the Internet couldn't look for the positive in it and just went straight to the negatives.

Only thing wrong with it is that it was too much too soon, wait till the us gets a better infrastructure for the Internet nationwide.
#5CaIiber345Posted 4/3/2014 12:25:49 AM
dnmt posted...
Can't forget this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

I love this video.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#6dnmtPosted 4/3/2014 12:28:02 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
It such a sad thought that ms back tracked because cry baby gamers in the Internet couldn't look for the positive in it and just went straight to the negatives.

Only thing wrong with it is that it was too much too soon, wait till the us gets a better infrastructure for the Internet nationwide.

Hahaha yes, the masses were simply not ready for Microsoft's VISION. Hhhahahaahahahahahahaa
#7TheGam3925Posted 4/3/2014 12:34:05 AM
Yes I remember. It was around this time last year when details first started to emerge surrounding the DRM, and fanboys couldn't say anything but "rumors." And after the rumors turned out true fanboys couldn't say anything but "who cares?"
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#8Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 12:34:45 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

There is nothing positive about forcing people to be on-line to access their console. I guarantee you that Xbox One would not have sold even half of what they have currently sold had they gone through with the DRM abomination.

Remember one thing. If you buy all games through Xbox Live right now, then you're going all digital. The way it works now people have a choice of whether to go all digital or not. The original way gave people only 1 choice. Now there are 2 choices. You can choose to buy Assassin's Creed 4 or any other game with a single player campaign, put it in your console, and play it without any hassle (after you take the initial firmware update).
#9Tyronelio1Posted 4/3/2014 12:41:29 AM
There is nothing positive (wrong) about forcing people to be on-line (once every 24 hours)to access their console.(you could access your console and watch tv and certain other things) I guarantee you that Xbox One would not have sold even half of what they have currently sold had they gone through with the DRM abomination. (You don't know that, so you could not guarantee me anything)
#10lilj812Posted 4/3/2014 12:41:38 AM
If you support microsoft's original vision the. You basically support less freedoms with your purchase for their benefit and not yours.

In other words, I hope you don't live in America you insane person.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87