It was almost a year ago when Microsoft announced their drm Xbox One

#21-Oath-Posted 4/3/2014 2:45:26 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
I guarantee you that Xbox One would not have sold even half of what they have currently sold had they gone through with the DRM abomination. (You don't know that, so you could not guarantee me anything)

Actually, we do know that. If you honestly believe it would have sold just as well you are delusional. Do you realize how outraged people were? Microsoft literally had to scoop in fear.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#22dnmtPosted 4/3/2014 2:48:26 AM
-Oath- posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
I guarantee you that Xbox One would not have sold even half of what they have currently sold had they gone through with the DRM abomination. (You don't know that, so you could not guarantee me anything)

Actually, we do know that. If you honestly believe it would have sold just as well you are delusional. Do you realize how outraged people were? Microsoft literally had to scoop in fear.

The only reason MS changed their DRM policy in the first place is because of the initial pre-order numbers which were abysmal.
#23CaIiber345Posted 4/3/2014 2:51:19 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
dnmt posted...
lilj812 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
There is nothing positive (wrong) about forcing people to be on-line (once every 24 hours)to access their console.(you could access your console and watch tv and certain other things) I guarantee you that Xbox One would not have sold even half of what they have currently sold had they gone through with the DRM abomination. (You don't know that, so you could not guarantee me anything)

If a person bought a brand new Xbox one in the box and bought forza, brought it home where he did not have Internet access, he wouldn't ever be able to use it.

This is true even today since you need to download a patch before the Xbone will be able to do anything.

Why would you buy a brand new $500+ gaming console and not have Internet in the first place?

Or why would you buy the brand new console without atleast looking into what it does first?

I want to type a lot in response, however it's pointless because you can't even quote someone properly (and manually if you don't know how to otherwise), and you think mandatory Internet requirements are acceptable to use a video game console.

And your signature is disgusting.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#24Tyronelio1Posted 4/3/2014 2:51:42 AM
-Oath- posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Yeah all the overly sensitive vocal people where outraged, the same people who praise Sony for playing it safe with the ps4.

Gamers on the Internet cry for changes but then hate on everything new and go back to the same old.
#25TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/3/2014 2:57:25 AM
I was one of the more vocal haters of that policy. I felt like it was my mission to make people hate it. Once they agreed it was a bad idea and removed it, their games won me over.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#26Tyronelio1Posted 4/3/2014 2:58:10 AM
Caliber345
I want to type a lot in response, however it's pointless because you can't even quote someone properly (and manually if you don't know how to otherwise), and you think mandatory Internet requirements are acceptable to use a video game console.

And your signature is disgusting.

If a company was going that way then it should've been acceptable and if you didn't like it then don't buy it and by people buying/not buying it, it would've sent a message.

For all we know now we won't see anything big innovative happen as the consoles are nothing new just updated specs wise.

I didn't quote because there was already to many replies to it and I cbf doing it myself.

And my signature is disgusting because? We always have the hero Americans, why can't we play as the bad guy for once?

Or the good army not be american but instead have the bad guy being the American army and another nation be the hero?
#27tadmfpolePosted 4/3/2014 3:02:02 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
It such a sad thought that ms back tracked because cry baby gamers in the Internet couldn't look for the positive in it and just went straight to the negatives.

Only thing wrong with it is that it was too much too soon, wait till the us gets a better infrastructure for the Internet nationwide.

What was this positive you speak of? What benefit are gamers missing out on due to the restrictions being removed?
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#28CaIiber345Posted 4/3/2014 3:03:39 AM
Microsoft fanboys need to learn what innovation means. Requiring someone to have Internet access to use a gaming console to play games is not innovation.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#29Tyronelio1Posted 4/3/2014 3:10:47 AM
tadmfpole posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
It such a sad thought that ms back tracked because cry baby gamers in the Internet couldn't look for the positive in it and just went straight to the negatives.

Only thing wrong with it is that it was too much too soon, wait till the us gets a better infrastructure for the Internet nationwide.

What was this positive you speak of? What benefit are gamers missing out on due to the restrictions being removed?

The family sharing? And who knows what else over time we could possibly miss out on.

A big one would be cloud processing if that wasn't some big lie, now we would probably never find out and it would just disappear like most marketing does.

But again, I don't know the future or what was planned but there could of been some huge positives or absolutely no positives happen and xbox would've died due to backlash from the Xbox fanboys themselves.
#30dnmtPosted 4/3/2014 3:23:12 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
tadmfpole posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

The family sharing? And who knows what else over time we could possibly miss out on.

A big one would be cloud processing if that wasn't some big lie, now we would probably never find out and it would just disappear like most marketing does.

But again, I don't know the future or what was planned but there could of been some huge positives or absolutely no positives happen and xbox would've died due to backlash from the Xbox fanboys themselves.

So you admit that you don't really know but you're still gonna go ahead and call it the best thing since sliced bread. Neat.