It was almost a year ago when Microsoft announced their drm Xbox One

#71Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 7:12:53 AM
pwnater777 posted...

Almost a year ago that I realized I don't need to replace my Xbox 360 with a stricter console that doesn't warrant a $500 price tag. $350? Hell yeah, I'll pay! $500 and I have to buy a camera with it that I don't want? Count me out until they realize not all gamers want to buy into a dumb gimmick that will soon be overshadowed by virtual reality.

I think that virtual reality headsets are the gimmick. That'll go nowhere, you'll see. It might get slightly popular at first, then it'll bomb a few years later.

What's going to happen is that you're going to have holographically projected objects in your living room or where ever you play your games. The Kinect is a necessary first step towards that since it'll detect your position in the 3 dimensional space of your room. All the action will still occur on your tv, but you'll have floating objects in your room as well. Remember I said this 10-20 years from now. I have zero doubt that this is the future of gaming.
#72pwnater777Posted 4/3/2014 7:21:25 AM
Hucast9 posted...
pwnater777 posted...

Almost a year ago that I realized I don't need to replace my Xbox 360 with a stricter console that doesn't warrant a $500 price tag. $350? Hell yeah, I'll pay! $500 and I have to buy a camera with it that I don't want? Count me out until they realize not all gamers want to buy into a dumb gimmick that will soon be overshadowed by virtual reality.

I think that virtual reality headsets are the gimmick. That'll go nowhere, you'll see. It might get slightly popular at first, then it'll bomb a few years later.

What's going to happen is that you're going to have holographically projected objects in your living room or where ever you play your games. The Kinect is a necessary first step towards that since it'll detect your position in the 3 dimensional space of your room. All the action will still occur on your tv, but you'll have floating objects in your room as well. Remember I said this 10-20 years from now. I have zero doubt that this is the future of gaming.

Have you even seen the kind of amazing quality picture they can put into a VR headset nowadays? Sure, when the idea first appeared with things like the Virtual Boy it was a horrible concept since screen and graphics quality didn't match with the idea at all, but now with how advanced technology has become, it's more of a realistic concept than ever. True gamers don't feel like running around everywhere and wearing themselves out just to play one game.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#73ejay8320Posted 4/3/2014 7:22:38 AM
Hucast9 posted...
pwnater777 posted...

It could go either way, but from a price point perspective VR will probably cheaper overall.

VR can go the route of thought control but like the holographic display is still very far off. Though Holographic display is probably closer in terms of research - but the costs will probably be higher due to the needed equipment to use it.
#74Ch3wyPosted 4/3/2014 7:24:05 AM
^Thought control as input as already been done, just not really implemented in too many things.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#75UltraPlanetPosted 4/4/2014 9:44:01 AM
That was the darkest day the Xbox franchise has ever seen.