I think the real anger towards the Xbox One is the success behind it.

#1Jedi454Posted 4/3/2014 3:00:25 AM(edited)
Last year Microsoft revealed the console and coped a lot of negativity due their auto-consumer friendly policies. I wasn't going to buy one in its current state, but I knew it wasn't going to last as an online only console and I was right. The amount of criticism for it having a bundled Kinect, being less powerful and costing more was extreme, but despite that it has sold incredibly well. This is something that Playstation 3 last generation struggled to do for years.

The Playstation 3 coped a lot of criticism like the Xbox One, but also sold poorly, despite its much larger fanbase from PS1 and Ps2 in comparison to the Xbox. The Playstation 3 has since then caught up to the Xbox 360 in sales, but that was to be expected because it has a much larger fanbase.

The Xbox One is selling incredibly well for the criticisms that it may have by consumers and that's why people feel the need to hate on it. It also doesn't have as large fanbase as Sony, but is succeeding where Sony went wrong last generation. Also keep in mind there was a lot of hate on the Playstation 3 for it's own flaws.

What you can take from this is a valuable lesson is not to hate on other consoles, but instead stick to your own and don't be immature.

- Jedi454 (Living Legend and Hero of GameFAQs signing out).
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#2deadmarvPosted 4/3/2014 3:06:37 AM
Na, my hate isn't towards the xb1, it's towards microsoft because of the multiple bad experiences I've had with them. I've always posted I would buy an xb1 if microsoft didn't own it anymore.
#3Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 3:09:28 AM
deadmarv posted...
Na, my hate isn't towards the xb1, it's towards microsoft because of the multiple bad experiences I've had with them. I've always posted I would buy an xb1 if microsoft didn't own it anymore.

I think my worst experience with Microsoft was my Disc Drive Laser dying on my OG Xbox, but I can't really blame Microsoft despite my anger of not having a console for all over 2008. It was more my fault for having it Modchipped and being too young to replace my own stuff.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#4Spetsnaz420Posted 4/3/2014 3:12:04 AM
You know full well that success isn't the reason for any of the genuine hate it receives. I think the hate mostly revolves around the company selling it. I personally don't have an issue with the X1 itself but I'm no fan of MS
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#5RaRitsujunPosted 4/3/2014 3:13:40 AM
Poor TC.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 48 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#6Tyronelio1Posted 4/3/2014 3:15:00 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
You know full well that success isn't the reason for any of the genuine hate it receives. I think the hate mostly revolves around the company selling it. I personally don't have an issue with the X1 itself but I'm no fan of MS

I second this, and the way ms handled last year to the average gamer sucked so much I was never surprised why they were angry, they never conveyed what they were doing and why properly and then that guy was all like. #dealwithit

And all the Internet cried foul.
#7deadmarvPosted 4/3/2014 3:16:55 AM
I've had 3 red rings of death on 2 different 360's, 3 times I could hardly understand the customer service rep when I called, and when my live account was hacked because of the ea/fifa thing, I felt the woman was rude when I called.

This isn't the xb1's fault, and I've tried not to troll since last July(the diehard fanboys make it hard) since it's not the gamers who choose to support ms fault.
#8pobbesPosted 4/3/2014 3:21:15 AM(edited)
i dislike microsoft because of some of their business practices.

last gen they bought up RPGs just to steal market share from Sony then just stopped after a while.

The whole Xbone release and their reactions / responses afterwards (you can say they weren't given a chance to explain their stance, but when they did there was either contradiction or they were unsure.)

last gen they were perceived as the dudebro shooter console.

oh yeah and my 360 RROD'd on me a week after i bought it.
#9SigmaLongshotPosted 4/3/2014 3:26:07 AM
RaRitsujun posted...
Poor TC.

Do you have a syllable limit? You only ever pop into Xbox topics to say "poor something" or "something bone" or my favourite... "poor bone".

But there is some truth to what Jedi says. The more reasonable individuals say, "I don't want that, your product does things I find morally wrong". On the rare occasion a company says, "Okay, tell you what, we'll change some of the stuff to be in line with what you want", that group will say "Hey, actually yeah, I asked you to change it, and you met me in the middle. That was actually quite cool for a super evil corporation."

However, the more bitter crowd respond with, "No, because even though it's closer to what I wanted, the thing you were ORIGINALLY selling wasn't, and you tried to trick me, and this is also a trick."

The irony of course being that Microsoft fully announced the original plan for the console to the public, then after negative feedback actually listened and changed the machine to reflect the feedback.

In my book, that's not deceptive, that's called being opportunistic but publically sympathetic.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#10dnmtPosted 4/3/2014 3:28:32 AM(edited)
People can dislike a product regardless of its perceived success or failure. I personally don't like MS for their shady business practices, links to the NSA, anti-consumer policies, giving up on the 360 halfway through its life and their many poorly-perceived ventures of late such as Windows 8, Bing, and Scroogled. The Xbone is just another thing you can add to that list.