I think the real anger towards the Xbox One is the success behind it.

#41MRL3G3NDPosted 4/3/2014 9:07:27 AM
the anger comes from them trying every which way to screw us... the anger comes from them lying to us....the anger comes from over pricing this weak ass console and skimping on the features

the anger comes from loyalists who were used to excellence in service and gaming...getting continuously shafted for the last 6 months
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#42ejay8320Posted 4/3/2014 9:09:41 AM
Jedi454 posted...
ejay8320 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'm sure both our stances are valid. Speaking from a position of bias because I like Microsoft's vision, and your bias being at the opposite ends of the scale, you can see how the same actions can yield completely different reactions from consumers.

I feel they made the alterations because they felt they'd be in the best interest of both company and consumer, a gesture of goodwill; whilst you believe they did it through despotic backlash.

Both opinions could probably be regarded as the optimistic and pessimistic extremes.

Re-posting this simply because of the glut of posters arguing personal bias as fact. We're all biased one way or the other, so why not accept that we accept one particular scenario in different ways?

Fair enough, but I personally think MS just didn't do proper market research and pressed on with what they wanted.

Well before the PS4 announcement there was an article about Sony patenting some software to block used games - and there was a worry that if MS actually did block/limit used games Sony would follow suit. Most were we'll wait and see but were worried. This was a clear sign of people not wanting DRM/limited used games on their consoles.

Some believe the article was intentionally released (by Sony)to gauge consumer reaction to the DRM/Limited used game policies. Dunno if it true, but I do think it affected their plans.

I'll actually go as far as to say that Sony backseated Microsoft, because it was evident that they were originally going to bundle the Playstation 4 eye with their console as well, but clearly cut costs to dominate the market, so it is possible that were going to implement DRM.

I wont deny the possibility(DRM/Limited Used Game Policies), at the very least it was probably discussed, but unless we have some sort of documentation saying show plans for DRM & Limited Used game policies its all speculations.

I do agree with the camera thing statement - the eye was probably planned to be bundled and oddly is selling really well as a standalone...
#43Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 4/3/2014 9:14:34 AM
GwizAlch posted...
Jedi454 posted...
DarthUchiha91 posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...
I think the real anger towards the Xbox One is the success behind it.

Ha. Yeah, and my girlfriend broke up with me because I was too attentive to her needs.

I've been there man. It's not my fault I'm a sensitive guy, I grew up without a father and was a mama's boy.

I'm the same brother.

Amen.

Be bad, my brothers. The ladies will love you for it.
---
Official Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla of Dark Souls II
#44Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 9:20:37 AM
ejay8320 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
ejay8320 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'm sure both our stances are valid. Speaking from a position of bias because I like Microsoft's vision, and your bias being at the opposite ends of the scale, you can see how the same actions can yield completely different reactions from consumers.

I feel they made the alterations because they felt they'd be in the best interest of both company and consumer, a gesture of goodwill; whilst you believe they did it through despotic backlash.

Both opinions could probably be regarded as the optimistic and pessimistic extremes.

Re-posting this simply because of the glut of posters arguing personal bias as fact. We're all biased one way or the other, so why not accept that we accept one particular scenario in different ways?

Fair enough, but I personally think MS just didn't do proper market research and pressed on with what they wanted.

Well before the PS4 announcement there was an article about Sony patenting some software to block used games - and there was a worry that if MS actually did block/limit used games Sony would follow suit. Most were we'll wait and see but were worried. This was a clear sign of people not wanting DRM/limited used games on their consoles.

Some believe the article was intentionally released (by Sony)to gauge consumer reaction to the DRM/Limited used game policies. Dunno if it true, but I do think it affected their plans.

I'll actually go as far as to say that Sony backseated Microsoft, because it was evident that they were originally going to bundle the Playstation 4 eye with their console as well, but clearly cut costs to dominate the market, so it is possible that were going to implement DRM.

I wont deny the possibility(DRM/Limited Used Game Policies), at the very least it was probably discussed, but unless we have some sort of documentation saying show plans for DRM & Limited Used game policies its all speculations.

I do agree with the camera thing statement - the eye was probably planned to be bundled and oddly is selling really well as a standalone...

I just said it was a possibility, I don't have any actual evidence to support whether they planned DRM or not.

Yeah because more people want the peripherals than people that don't. The people that don't are more vocal about it, where as the people that do buy or get the peripheral when they want it and don't make any fuss.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#45EnclavePosted 4/3/2014 9:33:38 AM(edited)
SigmaLongshot posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
Poor TC.

Do you have a syllable limit? You only ever pop into Xbox topics to say "poor something" or "something bone" or my favourite... "poor bone".

But there is some truth to what Jedi says. The more reasonable individuals say, "I don't want that, your product does things I find morally wrong". On the rare occasion a company says, "Okay, tell you what, we'll change some of the stuff to be in line with what you want", that group will say "Hey, actually yeah, I asked you to change it, and you met me in the middle. That was actually quite cool for a super evil corporation."

However, the more bitter crowd respond with, "No, because even though it's closer to what I wanted, the thing you were ORIGINALLY selling wasn't, and you tried to trick me, and this is also a trick."

The irony of course being that Microsoft fully announced the original plan for the console to the public, then after negative feedback actually listened and changed the machine to reflect the feedback.

In my book, that's not deceptive, that's called being opportunistic but publically sympathetic.

Yes, good for them for changing gears, that doesn't mean however people should instantly forgive them. Thanks to their changes? I'm willing to buy the console eventually. However I bought a PS4 first specifically because Sony didn't jerk us around while Microsoft did. Sony did everything right and Microsoft did everything wrong, Sony gets my money initially and I'll buy an Xbone in a few years, perhaps sooner if a kinect free bundle comes out.

Now, had they not changed their policies my stance would still be firmly "I will never buy the console". That all said? I wouldn't have shed a tear had even after the 180s if the Xbone still had crashed and burned. Would have sent a clear message to the industry as a whole not to attempt that crap again. However it didn't crash and burn and thus we still have Microsoft lamenting about how we just didn't understand why their horrible plans were so awesome for their stock value, err, I mean gaming, yeah, gaming.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#46Laylow12Posted 4/3/2014 9:34:08 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
dnmt posted...
People can dislike a product regardless of its perceived success or failure. I personally don't like MS for their shady business practices, links to the NSA, anti-consumer policies (every company ever?), giving up on the 360 halfway through its life and their many poorly-perceived ventures of late such as Windows 8, Bing, and Scroogled. The Xbone is just another thing you can add to that list.

The second bold part is where you're wrong.

Microsoft did abandon the 360 halfway through the console cycle unless you're talking KINECT games.

Source: http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#47ejay8320Posted 4/3/2014 9:34:28 AM
@Jedi

Sorry, it's just some have been claiming it as fact. it was more of a general statement and not directed to you.

On the camera side, are the ones buying it buying it for use in games or just to use twitch(Be it screwing around or streaming their game). Thats the real question, same with kinect, are people really interested in it for gaming or the other stuff you can do with it outside of gaming.
#48Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 9:50:58 AM(edited)
ejay8320 posted...
@Jedi

Sorry, it's just some have been claiming it as fact. it was more of a general statement and not directed to you.

On the camera side, are the ones buying it buying it for use in games or just to use twitch(Be it screwing around or streaming their game). Thats the real question, same with kinect, are people really interested in it for gaming or the other stuff you can do with it outside of gaming.

It's more of a gimmick than anything else at the moment, but there is greater potential for both cameras to be used with a great purpose in gaming.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#49cheezedadadaPosted 4/3/2014 9:57:08 AM
ejay8320 posted...
@Jedi

The only info that really leads to people saying that Sony planned it was the patent.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20130007892.pdf

There is no 100% proof that they definitely planned to use it, but the patent at least exists so it was at least a thought at some point in time. Other than that though, there isn't much else to go by.

(Sorry if that was mentioned already. I read most of the replies here, but skipped over a couple)
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#50ejay8320Posted 4/3/2014 10:09:51 AM
cheezedadada posted...
ejay8320 posted...
@Jedi

The only info that really leads to people saying that Sony planned it was the patent.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20130007892.pdf

There is no 100% proof that they definitely planned to use it, but the patent at least exists so it was at least a thought at some point in time. Other than that though, there isn't much else to go by.

(Sorry if that was mentioned already. I read most of the replies here, but skipped over a couple)

I agree with you, how many patents have been made and remain unused... Patenting is generally squatting an Idea/concept incase someone planned to use it.