Xbox division in big trouble? Microsoft Studios Suffers Layoffs

#51FinzFan4lifePosted 4/12/2014 4:53:16 AM
Just like with Sony layoffs don't mean they are going under or anything it means they do not need that position anymore, maybe they can make the game with less people resources why pay someone when you don't need them.

If your job lays you off they don't need that position at this time,they can not hire anyone else and depending on length laid off people are usually top of list to bring back.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#52PoweredMilkManPosted 4/12/2014 6:06:33 AM(edited)
FinzFan4life posted...
Just like with Sony layoffs don't mean they are going under or anything it means they do not need that position anymore, maybe they can make the game with less people resources why pay someone when you don't need them.

If your job lays you off they don't need that position at this time,they can not hire anyone else and depending on length laid off people are usually top of list to bring back.

No point of trying explaining it to these people on this. This blind fanboyism is getting so ridiculous it's like these peoples jobs to dig about anything negative on the xbox one. I don't see nearly as much as this on the ps4 boards.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#53SparkItUpPosted 4/12/2014 6:15:43 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
They have been in trouble. Board of directors wants Xbox division disbanded as for MS it's opposite of Sony's problems. Xbox is a drag and money hole for them. Ps4 might be the thing to save Sony.

As much as I am against the XB1 (simply because of the forced Kinect purchase), I always find this an unfair statement really. It isn't the Board of Directors that want it disbanded, it is certain members of the board (it's a bit misleading to make it seem like it's a unanimous consensus). Also, it is more so investors that want it gone more than anything simply because it didn't meet projections & expectations. This is what matters to an investor. The majority of the board I'm sure (I can't say for fact because I don't attend their board meetings) still are willing to stick with it because they know a lot of capital has been invested and they want to see their return. Investors generally want the bleeding to stop (not saying it is bleeding money, just not generating what they had forecast), whereas board members are generally more willing to stick with a program and wait for the eventual return. It would take something disastrous to sway a majority of the board toward getting rid of the Xbox brand all together.
#54ILikesCheesePosted 4/12/2014 6:47:23 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
I saw this article a little while ago and wondered how many "XB1 is doomed" Topics we'd have on this today.

2 so far. But it's early yet.

I saw this article yesterday, and wondered how many of the Microsoft Defense Force here on Gamefaqs would come out with their reassurance posts.

So many, so many....

Well, about 10 users and their 50 alts at least.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?