Article: Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear

#101dj-izzlePosted 4/3/2014 5:16:51 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear....

PS4 can have it's power gap, while I continue to enjoy the better racer, and shooter, which are exclusive to Xbox...and throw in the same old NBA, Madden, BF4...ect...I'll stick with my Xbox, POWER vs Games? I think I prefer the games

opinions
#102FlameKishinPosted 4/3/2014 5:19:09 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Ponies can have the better hardware specs, I'll be upset if they ever get a game worth playing that I can't - so I'm pretty set

A game worth playing that you can't? Infamous: Second Son is really good, Killzone's campaign (lackluster as it is) still trashes Titanfall's, then all you've got is a poorly designed racer (Forza) and a QTE gallery (Ryse) pretty much, or how about MORE overplayed zombies? (Dead Rising 2)

Games, hardware, speed (enjoy all your several OSs slowing down your also weaker system), PS4 just destroys XO.
#103ItchyTasty93Posted 4/3/2014 5:19:21 PM
Performance gap will be gone in the future.

*Ponies at denial stage*
---
Lolz. Lulz. Lelz.
#104MOATS7798Posted 4/3/2014 5:22:12 PM
Of all the times xbox fans get told we make topics or our opinions are nothing but "Reassurance" topics/replies, I find it somewhat amusing the specs in your sig comparing console specs when these systems are about the games...

PS4 owners spout out about power and specs, resolution and framerates...NEVER about great games, even though games like Infamous get more average reviews, much like the last games on PS3, it's only special because it's on the PS4 and there isn't no great exclusives....

XboxOne owners talk about Titanfall, Forza, Ryse has it's fans, Plants vs Zombies, Killer Instinct...We actual talk about GAMES...

Makes no sense to brag about power when the library of games is weak. But I'm sure because this game or that has a few more pixels or frames per second, I some how didn't enjoy it on the XboxOne, right?...That's the only thing you're gonna reply with or say...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#105MOATS7798Posted 4/3/2014 5:23:37 PM
dj-izzle posted...
MOATS7798 posted...

PS4 can have it's power gap, while I continue to enjoy the better racer, and shooter, which are exclusive to Xbox...and throw in the same old NBA, Madden, BF4...ect...I'll stick with my Xbox, POWER vs Games? I think I prefer the games

opinions

And what makes it RIGHT is the fact it's my opinion, as well as the opinion of many others..

Come back when you can tell me about better games instead of power...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#106dj-izzlePosted 4/3/2014 5:23:40 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
Of all the times xbox fans get told we make topics or our opinions are nothing but "Reassurance" topics/replies, I find it somewhat amusing the specs in your sig comparing console specs when these systems are about the games...

PS4 owners spout out about power and specs, resolution and framerates...NEVER about great games, even though games like Infamous get more average reviews, much like the last games on PS3, it's only special because it's on the PS4 and there isn't no great exclusives....

XboxOne owners talk about Titanfall, Forza, Ryse has it's fans, Plants vs Zombies, Killer Instinct...We actual talk about GAMES...

Makes no sense to brag about power when the library of games is weak. But I'm sure because this game or that has a few more pixels or frames per second, I some how didn't enjoy it on the XboxOne, right?...That's the only thing you're gonna reply with or say...

THATS your opinion
#107Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/3/2014 5:25:27 PM
MOATS7798 posted...

Actually on the PS4 forum they talk about games, on the Xbox One forum they talk about the cloud, hidden GPUs and tons of other reassurance posts.

Rarely anything about games
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#108dj-izzlePosted 4/3/2014 5:28:47 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
dj-izzle posted...
MOATS7798 posted...

opinions

And what makes it RIGHT is the fact it's my opinion, as well as the opinion of many others..

Come back when you can tell me about better games instead of power...

why bother? your just gonna bash them
#109a687947Posted 4/3/2014 9:15:42 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
No software optimization can change my signature spec.

lol but your exaggerations apparently can...
#110SoulTrapperPosted 4/4/2014 5:13:30 AM
cheezedadada posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Writing an article stating that the more powerful hardware will continue to be more powerful is hilarious. I wonder if $4 USD will always be less than $5 USD?

It might help if you actually read it.

The article is correcting an earlier article in which a developer was incorrectly quoted as saying the power difference would disappear. What he actually said was that the difference in production cost etc would disappear.

It's basically a correction of an earlier article posted on xboxachievments.

I read the whole thing so let's avoid being condescending, please. Funny how this entire article is about someone being incorrectly quoted, but there is no mention of it in the title. They just tell us the gap will NOT disappear like its some sort of revelation they just had. I was referring to some of the obvious statements they made in the article and my comment wouldn't have existed if they just stuck to the story and didn't provide information that is laughably obvious.

"in truth it would be “physically impossible” for Xbox One performance to align with PlayStation 4" Gee, really?

Again, that's not at all what the article is about.
This article has nothing to do with whether or not there is a power gap, it's about the guy being misquoted saying that the power gap will disappear.

The reason he needed to correct this, is because a ton of people, including people here, somehow saw this as "evidence" that the xbox was just as powerful as the ps4.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68906623?page=4

I know it's hard to believe, but a lot of people still don't get this.