Article: Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear

#121Homie_202Posted 4/5/2014 6:12:32 PM
aLmosT_bLinD posted...
Enjoy your $400 Netflix box, PS4 users.

its funny you post this considering MS seems to only be focusing on the entertainment aspect. Not what it was designed for GAMES.
#122SparkItUpPosted 4/5/2014 6:47:19 PM
Muryo posted...
Does this means that cloud power was a fairy tale made to deceive the gullible fanboys?

In all fairness, the techworld is full of this type of talk. I'd be more than sure that Sony has a product that promises something but it's just smoke & mirrors talk to entice people that don't know better. For the longest time PC's were sold in a similar fashion (and I'm sure they still are)
#123TheGam3925Posted 4/7/2014 9:37:37 PM
I just read the article, good read.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#124kenio8187Posted 4/7/2014 10:15:32 PM
Muryo posted...
Does this means that cloud power was a fairy tale made to deceive the gullible fanboys?

Before I say this, I'm someone who owns a PS4, not an Xbone. You may be wondering why I'm here, well, despite that you guys so far have better games, this board is full of VERY angry people and I enjoy reading their posts. I mean, the PS4 board is full of delusional people that think InFamous SS is an amazing game when at best, it's kinda meh, but at least they're not super angry all the time.

Anyways, back to my point. Cloud can be a VERY strong tool. As an example, there was this service for PC games which name escapes me. However, what they could do is allow a crappy computer to play powerful games using cloud, and it worked quite well. Unfortunately, it was kind of ahead of its time, and ran into a bunch of other issues (like hosting these servers was SUPER expensive at the time, better now, but still pretty pricey).

However, the main point there is that using cloud to stream games, or at least do some of the processing power would allow for a console to play games that it should normally not be able to play.

Although this won't happen, if MS lets people stream games off the cloud. You could arguably play super high end next gen games on an Xbox 360. Like I said, that won't happen. However, MS may release a super cheap version of the Xbone (like maybe $100) that can't handle running games locally, but can stream games off the cloud to play the game.

Unfortunately, I think the biggest downside here is MS probably can't afford to have cloud servers strong enough to stream games to too many people. Sony might be able to do it since Sony is a MUCH bigger company, but even then, still may be kinda risky.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aZBNozN.gif
Titanfall vs Infamous SS: Which one is better - http://youtu.be/EbirPRSiSPI
#125kcypher2000Posted 4/7/2014 10:18:50 PM
Homie_202 posted...
aLmosT_bLinD posted...
Enjoy your $400 Netflix box, PS4 users.

its funny you post this considering MS seems to only be focusing on the entertainment aspect. Not what it was designed for GAMES.

Then why does it have more exclusives and better gaming features? Oh wait you cant answer that
#126kcypher2000Posted 4/7/2014 10:20:50 PM
kenio8187 posted...
Muryo posted...

Before I say this, I'm someone who owns a PS4, not an Xbone. You may be wondering why I'm here, well, despite that you guys so far have better games, this board is full of VERY angry people and I enjoy reading their posts. I mean, the PS4 board is full of delusional people that think InFamous SS is an amazing game when at best, it's kinda meh, but at least they're not super angry all the time.

Anyways, back to my point. Cloud can be a VERY strong tool. As an example, there was this service for PC games which name escapes me. However, what they could do is allow a crappy computer to play powerful games using cloud, and it worked quite well. Unfortunately, it was kind of ahead of its time, and ran into a bunch of other issues (like hosting these servers was SUPER expensive at the time, better now, but still pretty pricey).

However, the main point there is that using cloud to stream games, or at least do some of the processing power would allow for a console to play games that it should normally not be able to play.

Although this won't happen, if MS lets people stream games off the cloud. You could arguably play super high end next gen games on an Xbox 360. Like I said, that won't happen. However, MS may release a super cheap version of the Xbone (like maybe $100) that can't handle running games locally, but can stream games off the cloud to play the game.

Unfortunately, I think the biggest downside here is MS probably can't afford to have cloud servers strong enough to stream games to too many people. Sony might be able to do it since Sony is a MUCH bigger company, but even then, still may be kinda risky.

Sony is bigger than MS? Oh wow you kids get more ignorant each day. Thanks for the laugh pony but go get an education.
#127kcypher2000Posted 4/7/2014 10:26:45 PM
FlameKishin posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Ponies can have the better hardware specs, I'll be upset if they ever get a game worth playing that I can't - so I'm pretty set

A game worth playing that you can't? Infamous: Second Son is really good, Killzone's campaign (lackluster as it is) still trashes Titanfall's, then all you've got is a poorly designed racer (Forza) and a QTE gallery (Ryse) pretty much, or how about MORE overplayed zombies? (Dead Rising 2)

Games, hardware, speed (enjoy all your several OSs slowing down your also weaker system), PS4 just destroys XO.

Forza got reviewed same as infamous and TF way higher than KZ. Also DR3, kinect rivals which was higher than knack and killer instinct, PvsZ and Ryse which is also better than knack. Oh and yes reviews mean more than your biased ignorant opinions kid.

Have fun playing merc kings while telling yourselves the ps4 is so powerful.
#128kenio8187Posted 4/7/2014 10:49:48 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony is bigger than MS? Oh wow you kids get more ignorant each day. Thanks for the laugh pony but go get an education.

-_-

MS makes consoles, some other hardware, and an OS (granted, a really popular OS).

Sony makes consoles, TV's, Cameras, phones, computers (desktops and laptops), projectors, MOVIES, tablets, and that's just off the top of my head.

Seriously, Sony is a MUCH bigger company. Even when we look at how much MS and Sony spend on making products, Sony, every year, spends a s*** ton more than MS.

MS just receives a ton more profits from what they make. Mostly because they make OS's. Those don't really cost much to keep going once they are made. They're only real competitor for those is Apple, but since Apple won't let anyone but them use their OS, MS still has a huge chunk of the market share.

However, despite all that, Sony is a much bigger company doing A LOT more.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aZBNozN.gif
Titanfall vs Infamous SS: Which one is better - http://youtu.be/EbirPRSiSPI
#129chedibang1994Posted 4/7/2014 11:27:43 PM
I think I like for sony to have better graphics on there console because that's there strength now it's ms job to come with really good games and ip's, competition is good I won't doubt the xbox one ps3 was mistreated and later on the own over xbox 360 now I believe this box has a possible chance to win then that's perfect, now let ps and xb come with games since that's where the arena is really at hardware sales are great but if your games not selling then the hardware sales are useless
---
When Orchid bends over........UUUUUULLLTTTRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!