Article: Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear

#21pwnater777Posted 4/3/2014 7:53:50 AM
With everyone claiming that developers will eventually learn how to "optimize" the Xbox One's hardware for gaming so it can have graphics on par with the PS4, they must not realize that the PS4 can be optimized as well.

The gap isn't going away, no matter how high that DirectX number goes.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#22chex81Posted 4/3/2014 7:55:49 AM
BSerenity posted...
chex81 posted...
I dont think anyone actually thought it was align with PS4 identically...just that X1 would close the gap more than it is now.

Would Sony just be sitting on their hands?

Probably not, but they also dont feel too threatened at the current situation due to their media/sales strength against X1. We will see as it unfolds over the next few years.

btw, are you BlurOfSerenity on xbl?
---
XB1/WiiU/PSN: chex81
You are ignoring 4 topic(s) from users on this page.
#23cheezedadadaPosted 4/3/2014 7:59:17 AM
FourManSeven posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Writing an article stating that the more powerful hardware will continue to be more powerful is hilarious. I wonder if $4 USD will always be less than $5 USD?

I dunno dude. $4.00 USD does look nicer than $5.00 USD. :P

Hmm, I don't know. You seem to have a bias towards the number four, man.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#24BSerenityPosted 4/3/2014 8:04:01 AM
chex81 posted...
BSerenity posted...
chex81 posted...
I dont think anyone actually thought it was align with PS4 identically...just that X1 would close the gap more than it is now.

Would Sony just be sitting on their hands?

Probably not, but they also dont feel too threatened at the current situation due to their media/sales strength against X1. We will see as it unfolds over the next few years.

btw, are you BlurOfSerenity on xbl?

No. I don't have a current xbl tag.

They both are going to optimize. The gap will shrink slightly and then return. The hardware difference isn't going to allow on par results if both consoles are pushed. Only way we going to see parity if developers gimp the ps4 version or they target parity. We didn't see the parity target last generation. Unlikely we will see it during this one. (speaking in general)
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#25SoulTrapperPosted 4/3/2014 8:04:05 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Writing an article stating that the more powerful hardware will continue to be more powerful is hilarious. I wonder if $4 USD will always be less than $5 USD?

It might help if you actually read it.

The article is correcting an earlier article in which a developer was incorrectly quoted as saying the power difference would disappear. What he actually said was that the difference in production cost etc would disappear.

It's basically a correction of an earlier article posted on xboxachievments.
#26leelee3105Posted 4/3/2014 8:11:32 AM
i wish these topics would disappear. or at least become as hard to see as the graphical difference between x1 and ps4 games
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#27cheezedadadaPosted 4/3/2014 8:44:13 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
cheezedadada posted...

The article is correcting an earlier article in which a developer was incorrectly quoted as saying the power difference would disappear. What he actually said was that the difference in production cost etc would disappear.

I read the whole thing so let's avoid being condescending, please. Funny how this entire article is about someone being incorrectly quoted, but there is no mention of it in the title. They just tell us the gap will NOT disappear like its some sort of revelation they just had. I was referring to some of the obvious statements they made in the article and my comment wouldn't have existed if they just stuck to the story and didn't provide information that is laughably obvious.

"in truth it would be “physically impossible” for Xbox One performance to align with PlayStation 4" Gee, really?
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#28method115Posted 4/3/2014 9:13:45 AM
cheezedadada posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
cheezedadada posted...

I read the whole thing so let's avoid being condescending, please. Funny how this entire article is about someone being incorrectly quoted, but there is no mention of it in the title. They just tell us the gap will NOT disappear like its some sort of revelation they just had. I was referring to some of the obvious statements they made in the article and my comment wouldn't have existed if they just stuck to the story and didn't provide information that is laughably obvious.

"in truth it would be “physically impossible” for Xbox One performance to align with PlayStation 4" Gee, really?

While this might seem obvious to me and you there are tons of people who don't feel this way. For instance one guy just mentioned how PS4 will never reach Ryse levels implying the X1 has better graphics. So even with people much smarter then him telling him the way it is he still wont listen.
---
PSN: method114
#29BadLuckIncPosted 4/3/2014 9:17:52 AM
cpthighwind posted...
This is still such a weird topic for me. The PS3 had better hardware than the 360, too. It didn't really matter to anybody then, so why is it such a frequent conversation now?

Because the PS4 has nothing going for it on the games front, and all the Sony Camp can hold onto is its graphics. The Xbox One is about fun, and gameplay.

The PS4 is like the equivalent to a PC elitist, except it's games catalog is trash.
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Add my GT =D
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#30EnclavePosted 4/3/2014 9:34:09 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
cpthighwind posted...
This is still such a weird topic for me. The PS3 had better hardware than the 360, too. It didn't really matter to anybody then, so why is it such a frequent conversation now?

Because the PS4 has nothing going for it on the games front, and all the Sony Camp can hold onto is its graphics. The Xbox One is about fun, and gameplay.

The PS4 is like the equivalent to a PC elitist, except it's games catalog is trash.

I don't know, I play my PS4 plenty. I really don't get this complaint of the PS4 having no gaems. It's a dishonest and trollish statement to make.

Fact is that while the PS4 catalog isn't very large yet? Neither is the Xbones. Both systems have been out for a handful of months, of course neither system is going to be jam packed with amazing games yet.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.