Article: Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear

#31Shik_stickPosted 4/3/2014 10:38:28 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Writing an article stating that the more powerful hardware will continue to be more powerful is hilarious. I wonder if $4 USD will always be less than $5 USD?

This is being posted in response to all of the Fanboys on here who have been saying that when the "cloud" is utilized or the Direct12 x super mumbo jumbo whatever the hell it is, is used, the performance gap will decrease and the Xbox will be able to match or beat the PS4, while the PS4 essentially stays the same...or something.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#32HellsControllerPosted 4/3/2014 10:40:22 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
ndedone posted...
http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/04/03/performance-gap-ps4-x1-not-disappearing

In all reality as an owner of both. It really won't matter long term. Ps4 is crap with exclusives right now and no game it has has any staying power. Yes multiplats look a bit better but not by much. I've actually compared several since my flat mates have the same games.

Xb1 however had and has games I play more and lomger. Dr3, titanfall, and pvz while Ps4 games I finish and sell off within a week Like infamous and shadowfall. So as my ps4 gathers dust my xb1 is getting used. It might have been more expensive but between Skype with my parents and family the TV usage and the games the value lies in the xb1 for me.

Although that will change I suspect when I pick up ffxiv for ps4 in the next week.

Indies however fun are not typically system sellers makers or breakers.

You say long term, yet mention f****** launch titles.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#33Kpt_KapowskiPosted 4/3/2014 10:54:33 AM
BSerenity posted...
chex81 posted...
I dont think anyone actually thought it was align with PS4 identically...just that X1 would close the gap more than it is now.

Would Sony just be sitting on their hands?

you mean like how their E3 conference last year consisted of telling people they're not Microsoft and making snide comments about Microsoft?
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
Love is no fun with protection
#34PorungaPosted 4/3/2014 11:05:09 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BSerenity posted...
chex81 posted...
I dont think anyone actually thought it was align with PS4 identically...just that X1 would close the gap more than it is now.

you mean like how their E3 conference last year consisted of telling people they're not Microsoft and making snide comments about Microsoft?

That makes no sense, how is what you said related in any way to what he said?
#35Kpt_KapowskiPosted 4/3/2014 11:09:09 AM
Porunga posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BSerenity posted...
chex81 posted...

take off your fanboy shades. Its not hard.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
Love is no fun with protection
#36PorungaPosted 4/3/2014 11:10:52 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Porunga posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BSerenity posted...
chex81 posted...

take off your fanboy shades. Its not hard.

No fanboy shades here.. what you said makes no sense as a response to what he said.
#37billOrileyPosted 4/3/2014 11:10:59 AM
don't worry guyz dx12 and the cloud will save us
#38BSerenityPosted 4/3/2014 11:16:14 AM
Porunga posted...
No fanboy shades here.. what you said makes no sense as a response to what he said.

I am still trying to figure it out... Did my question offend him? I wasn't even asking in a condescending way. /shrugs
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#39richboy900Posted 4/3/2014 11:17:16 AM
billOriley posted...
don't worry guyz dx12 and the cloud will save us

Lol
#40dj-izzlePosted 4/3/2014 11:27:36 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
cpthighwind posted...
This is still such a weird topic for me. The PS3 had better hardware than the 360, too. It didn't really matter to anybody then, so why is it such a frequent conversation now?

Because the PS4 has nothing going for it on the games front, and all the Sony Camp can hold onto is its graphics. The Xbox One is about fun, and gameplay.

The PS4 is like the equivalent to a PC elitist, except it's games catalog is trash.

That's all opinion