Article: Performance Gap between Ps4 and X1 will NOT disappear

#51Garage_ManPosted 4/3/2014 11:32:16 AM
Well no crap it's not going to decrease! If anything it's going to get worse. What people here refuse to see is that ddr vs gddr is HUUUGGGEEEE. Running graphics cards off ddr is super slow.

The ps4 is not just more powerful but has much more room to grow as a unit. If the ps4 supports something like Hsa it could get even bigger.

It's early to too tell what will happen but one thing is for sure, they are both going to grow in time and look much better as apis advance throughout the years. The x1 should start seeing 1080 normally and the ps4 should stabilize 30-60fps.
#52dj-izzlePosted 4/3/2014 11:34:19 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BSerenity posted...
Porunga posted...
No fanboy shades here.. what you said makes no sense as a response to what he said.

I am still trying to figure it out... Did my question offend him? I wasn't even asking in a condescending way. /shrugs

your original comment implied Sony isn't and hasn't been sitting on their hands since the xbone reveal.

they haven't, just because they don't announce stuff, doesn't mean they been slouching
#53BSerenityPosted 4/3/2014 11:36:00 AM(edited)
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BSerenity posted...
Porunga posted...
No fanboy shades here.. what you said makes no sense as a response to what he said.

I am still trying to figure it out... Did my question offend him? I wasn't even asking in a condescending way. /shrugs

your original comment implied Sony isn't and hasn't been sitting on their hands since the xbone reveal.

I never made any implications. I was specifically speaking towards chex's post about optimization. It is a common theme for some people on this board that MS will optimize the XBO to parity with Sony's PS4 while completely ignoring the fact Sony will be optimizing as well. I was asking chex if he thought Sony was just sitting on their hands in that regards.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#54AxleHeadXPosted 4/3/2014 11:45:20 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
ndedone posted...
http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/04/03/performance-gap-ps4-x1-not-disappearing

In all reality as an owner of both. It really won't matter long term. Ps4 is crap with exclusives right now and no game it has has any staying power. Yes multiplats look a bit better but not by much. I've actually compared several since my flat mates have the same games.

Xb1 however had and has games I play more and lomger. Dr3, titanfall, and pvz while Ps4 games I finish and sell off within a week Like infamous and shadowfall. So as my ps4 gathers dust my xb1 is getting used. It might have been more expensive but between Skype with my parents and family the TV usage and the games the value lies in the xb1 for me.

Although that will change I suspect when I pick up ffxiv for ps4 in the next week.

Indies however fun are not typically system sellers makers or breakers.

Honestly both consoles are crap with exclusives at the moment, I own them both and still find myself going back to my PS3. Titanfall was a borefest for me honestly. But to each their own.
#55RagnarokxvPosted 4/3/2014 11:46:59 AM
This computer is in a blue box. That computer is in a red box.
The blue computer is faster than the red computer.

Console gamers:

I like red so I will buy the red computer! All hail red! Down with blue!

I like blue so I will buy the blue computer! All hail blue! Down with red!
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#56Combo626Posted 4/3/2014 11:53:42 AM(edited)
ok

The fact that there's 6 pages of responses shows the decline of the gaming community.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#57LEGEND_725Posted 4/3/2014 11:56:32 AM
ShadowNinja87 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Well considering how ryse looks that means the ps4 will never catch up??

Infamous Second Son says HI. Its open world with way more things going on and looks better than Ryse a linear game.

Game looks terrible compared to ryse drop the denial
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#58Bladez_89Posted 4/3/2014 11:57:01 AM
I'm an xbox one owner and proud, I won't be getting a ps4 anytime soon. However if anyone thinks that the xbo can magically become stronger in terms of hardware than the ps4 then they are truly deluded.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#59billOrileyPosted 4/3/2014 12:03:46 PM
Pfft according to my fellow xboxers, there's only so far hardware will go. We can download and upgrade the xbox software to make it match the ps4 or even better with patches. IT's all about optimizing guyz. dx12 and the cloud will take care of it, so relax!
#60181stCommanderPosted 4/3/2014 12:06:36 PM
Duh.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet