The Golf Club

#11TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 11:51:59 AM
aszsith posted...
TreGooda posted...
aszsith posted...
TreGooda posted...
aszsith posted...
Yeah, I saw the blurb in Game Informer as well. A golf game with customizable courses is definitely going to be awesome. Unfortunately, since it doesn't have the PGA license, we won't get the iconic courses, but that's okay. I wonder if it will also support play for disc, or just clubs.

You mean like frolf?

The cool thing is someone will create all of the big name courses. I'm most excited to create/play my local muni course.

Frolf? Technically, you don't use Frisbees, you use specialized discs. Hence why it's called Disc Golf.

Didn't mean to offend. I've only played Disc Golf a couple times. We always referred to it as frolf.

No offense taken. It's just one of those things where people that are into the sport get all worked up over the term for some reason.

Someone should tell those people that a frisbee is a disc.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#12SilentBPosted 4/3/2014 11:59:15 AM
Will 'The Golf Club' be a retail or an arcade release?
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#13TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 12:03:25 PM
SilentB posted...
Will 'The Golf Club' be a retail or an arcade release?

I wish I knew
---
#14Troll_DirectoryPosted 4/3/2014 12:05:44 PM
TreGooda posted...
Do any of you guys know of a release date? I can only find "Spring 2014".
i've been following this closely since we found out ea wasn't going to stay on the usual schedule with their pga game. i know there will be an early access on pc. and the latest word is still "spring 2014." but, i wonder whether they will self publish for ps4 and xo. hb studios has worked for ea sports before, but this game is their competition. maybe 2k could pick it up? whatever it takes, i want to see this asap on the xo, where all my golf buddies are.
#15TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:55:21 PM
Me too. My regular foursome all have xbox one and gaming pcs but I think we'll be getting this on XBOX.
---
#16shads3055Posted 4/4/2014 1:48:14 PM
TreGooda posted...
Do any of you guys know of a release date? I can only find "Spring 2014".

Also, who else is stoked to create/share/play courses online? This game could be really sweet.

http://thegolfclubgame.com/

i wish now or by the master but who knows
#17CRASS5000Posted 4/4/2014 1:59:28 PM
Frolf, at least for me, is the game played in grade school on the blacktop. You had to get your Frisbee to land in the middle of various painted circles from various "tees".

As for Disc Golf, my friends and I have always called it "disc". Like, "Hey, do you wanna play disc, tomorrow?".

On topic: any one know/have a guess what price point we'll be looking at for this release?
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#18TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 8:03:12 AM
CRASS5000 posted...
Frolf, at least for me, is the game played in grade school on the blacktop. You had to get your Frisbee to land in the middle of various painted circles from various "tees".

As for Disc Golf, my friends and I have always called it "disc". Like, "Hey, do you wanna play disc, tomorrow?".

On topic: any one know/have a guess what price point we'll be looking at for this release?

Frolf is the only thing I have heard it called until this topic.
---
#19itsrockyPosted 4/9/2014 6:13:43 AM
check out the PDGA.
#20aszsithPosted 4/10/2014 12:46:40 PM
CRASS5000 posted...

This is the way I view it as well.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.