In 8 years time, will some devs be pushing their games beyond 1080p/ 60fps?

#1Jedi454Posted 4/3/2014 1:32:35 PM
Is it possible? Will devs grasp a better understanding and utilise the consoles hardware to absolute maximum like what devs have done with games like GTAV, Bio Infinite, Rage, Crysis 3, etc? Pushing their games up 1440p/ 120fps? Not possible? Who knows.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#2heffley19Posted 4/3/2014 1:35:22 PM
Over time things will get better look back 8 years ago. I say in 8 years we will be 2000+p and 240+fps.
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#3bessy67Posted 4/3/2014 1:41:42 PM(edited)
No. In 8 years time I highly doubt either console will even be pushing 1080p/60fps. Once we get past this cross generation phase developers will start pushing for the best graphics, and in order to achieve that they'll push textures and effects to the detriment of resolution and frame rate.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#495_EclipsePosted 4/3/2014 1:43:03 PM
heffley19 posted...
Over time things will get better look back 8 years ago. I say in 8 years we will be 2000+p and 240+fps.

Lol @ 240+fps.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#5Spetsnaz420Posted 4/3/2014 1:53:42 PM
Sadly there's no chance with either console. In fact if anything many games will get lower resolution as time goes on. Just look at COD for example
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#6krillensPosted 4/3/2014 2:24:41 PM
PC devs pushing over 1080? yes. they are already doing so.

console developers? i dont know. is there much incentive? depending on your TV size and distance from where you sit, the difference between 1080p and 4k are hardly noticeable. the closer you get (for example, using a computer monitor) the better it looks.

as far as pushing past 60 fps? there is no point, you won't notice a difference. except a lot of screen tearing. PC gamers have had the ability to do this for years, but making anything go over 60 only causes screen tears and puts unnecessary stress on your gpu
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#7AsellusPosted 4/3/2014 3:41:53 PM
as far as pushing past 60 fps? there is no point, you won't notice a difference. except a lot of screen tearing. PC gamers have had the ability to do this for years, but making anything go over 60 only causes screen tears and puts unnecessary stress on your gpu

No... that's only the case if your screen runs at 60 hz. Plenty of pc monitors do 120 / 144 hz if you're looking for that.

To the topic - on consoles? Probably not given that even so called "120hz" televisions don't actually take a 120hz input, they just extrapolate extra frames from 60/30/24 hz input in order to try and make it look smoother.
#8BigBOO2UPosted 4/3/2014 9:30:11 PM
Asellus posted...
To the topic - on consoles? Probably not given that even so called "120hz" televisions don't actually take a 120hz input, they just extrapolate extra frames from 60/30/24 hz input in order to try and make it look smoother.

Yet another reason why Plasma is the best.

I don't have to worry with such things.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#9SolisPosted 4/4/2014 12:00:57 AM
Technically some already are: Trine 2 on the PS4 effectively runs at double the resolution of 1080p in 3D mode. However, it will be highly dependent on the individual games and how demanding they are or how devoted the developers are to achieving higher resolutions. Any game can target essentially any resolution they want (I believe one of the Lego games on the PS4 runs above 1080p as well), but framerates are much more questionable since the consoles only output at 60hz anyway (and no consumer-class HDTVs to my knowledge support higher than 60hz input, either).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review