Microsoft just spit in my face

#161Joey-ZazaPosted 4/4/2014 7:28:35 AM
I mean if you make $25 dollars an hour you just lost $200 for that day alone, and you are complaining about $60 a YEAR, when it was out for 6 hours and you even got 7 extra days of live for it...
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#162AWarAmp84Posted 4/4/2014 7:29:56 AM
badmanneil posted...
If you paid $60 a year for live.. They literally just gave you $1.25.

Sound fair?

hahaha
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#163Eagles931Posted 4/4/2014 7:34:25 AM
I literally read all the replies.....

LMFAO
---
PSN : SlootSlayer11
LoL IGN: Merecat
#164EllesarienPosted 4/4/2014 7:37:49 AM
Good God, gamers are entitled these days...and apparently obsessed with making sure as many people know that as possible.

Man, I wish we could go back to the days where people kept their problems to themselves instead of immediately going online to complain to the masses so they feel important in their small sad lives.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#165darealest47Posted 4/4/2014 7:48:15 AM
0PTICS posted...
Miscrosoft spits in the faces of people who don't want to be cool

10/10
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#166LanternOfAshPosted 4/4/2014 8:04:36 AM(edited)
I took off Friday because, unlike you, I have critical thinking and realized that maybe the first few days of an online only game might have been unstable.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#167Ch3wyPosted 4/4/2014 8:05:26 AM
LanternOfAsh posted...
I took off Friday because, unlike you, I have critical thinking and realized that maybe the first two days of an online only game might have been unstable.

Not to mention an EA online only game. They don't exactly have a history of stable servers with their game launches.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#168skermacPosted 4/4/2014 8:10:59 AM(edited)
Who over the age of 18 would take a day off work to play any game? I guess there are lots of immature people that would do that, and if not immature they are letting games rule their life, if they have a life outside gaming. Sad.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#169WiggityWhackPosted 4/4/2014 8:18:19 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
Wait what? Did you just seriously complain about free stuff?

You paid $60 a year for gold...and you could not get on to 1 game...for LESS than 1 day...and they give you more than 7 times the value of what you lost...all for free without any moral or legal obligation and your response is "its not enough"? What are you a man child?

Also, how does your taking the day off work in any way, shape or form, have any relationship to the downtime on XBL? I didnt take the day off work, so I guess there was no problem right? Grow the hell up TC. You are entitled to nothing, especially for a service outage for less than 24 hours. You are the equivalent of those idiotic/spoiled teenagers crying their eyes out Christmas morning because they got a black iPhone or a car and not a white one.

I would be mad if the downtime persisted for everyone...for a week straight. That would be indicative of incompetence or laziness on the part of MS. But they updated their website every 30 minutes and had a majority of users playing the game within a few hours. Maybe it was longer for you than the rest, but still makes you a minority, and it still gives you no right to act like an entitled d*******

This. Absolutely this.

Servers cost money. A LOT of money. No company is going to buy/rent way more than they need just to get past the brief (less than 24 hour usually) surge in players on launch day. Especially when they can usually iron out the problems with their existing infrastructure within those 24 hours. It just doesn't make business sense.

So you weren't able to play for less than a day and they comped you 7 times that amount as compensation. In fact, they comped a LOT of people those 7 days. It sucks that you took the day off and weren't able to use it, of course it does, but these things happen and will continue to happen. That's how it is.
#170TRC-G00SEPosted 4/4/2014 8:20:47 AM(edited)
$4.99 divided by 31(days in march) = $0.16 This assuming you pay the full price for Live.

You want 16 cents added to your account? Or did you want a free game for a little bit of downtime?

I have a friend that took off work to play ps4 and PSN was down for maintenance most of the day......**** happens.
---
****!