Microsoft just spit in my face

#201Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/4/2014 12:44:47 PM
badmanneil posted...
How is any of that my problem?

this can be said about you who's complaining about getting free **** from MS and an apology
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#202CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 12:53:07 PM
http://youtu.be/22YWYAtcyEA
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#203CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 1:00:28 PM
badmanneil posted...
If you paid $60 a year for live.. They literally just gave you $1.25.

Sound fair?

Considering that you didn't lose anything and still got something, yeah, sounds fair.
---
#204Sega_Saturn09Posted 4/4/2014 1:04:42 PM
TC=MAD
---
Love my PS4/XboxOne/Wii U.
#205ILikesCheesePosted 4/4/2014 1:12:27 PM
skermac posted...
Who over the age of 18 would take a day off work to play any game? I guess there are lots of immature people that would do that, and if not immature they are letting games rule their life, if they have a life outside gaming. Sad.

You are making what is known as a SWEEPING GENERALIZATION, which in itself is the refuge of small minded and immature types.

Taking a day off of work for a video game is certainly not something every adult in their 30s or 40s with a professional job would do, but it CAN happen. I did the same back in 2010 when Blur came out and I picked it up at a midnight release. (My first and only.)

I might look down my nose at owners of the Xbox One as well as fans of FPS games, but at least I can understand the allure of the arrival of an expected game, book or movie. I will also be taking the day off, and making my wife do so as well, in a couple of weeks to catch GODZILLA on opening day. :)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#206ILikesCheesePosted 4/4/2014 1:22:12 PM
bortbortson posted...
Entitled little cry baby.

This seems to be the reply of several on this board, but you have to ask yourself:

Can expecting a service you pay for to work as advertised really be considered ENTITLEMENT?

Answer: Not really.

I mean, if my cable or internet go out and I call and raise a stink at my cable company, am I being an "entitled little cry baby" ? If I take my SUV in to be serviced and I pick it up to discover that all the fluids are still bone dry, am I being an "entitled little cry baby" if I go back into the dealer and give them a piece of my mind? If I buy a brand new Xbox One, take it out of the box and discover that the disc drive is broken, am I being an "entitled little cry baby" for expecting a product I have purchased to be in working condition?

Get the picture by now?

The Xbox Fannies who were whining about getting refunds from Microsoft for their Xbox Ones because they are $60 cheaper now - with a game - than they were five months ago when they bought them on Day One, now THAT is a good example of "entitlement."
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#207badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 2:03:27 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
badmanneil posted...
How is any of that my problem?

this can be said about you who's complaining about getting free **** from MS and an apology

7 days of gold is a useless gesture and makes no difference at all. A true apology would be them covering the first Titanfall DLC.. now that would have been very respectable. 7 days of gold is a laughable gesture that no one cares about.
#208CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 2:09:18 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
bortbortson posted...
Entitled little cry baby.

This seems to be the reply of several on this board, but you have to ask yourself:

Can expecting a service you pay for to work as advertised really be considered ENTITLEMENT?

Answer: Not really.

I mean, if my cable or internet go out and I call and raise a stink at my cable company, am I being an "entitled little cry baby" ? If I take my SUV in to be serviced and I pick it up to discover that all the fluids are still bone dry, am I being an "entitled little cry baby" if I go back into the dealer and give them a piece of my mind? If I buy a brand new Xbox One, take it out of the box and discover that the disc drive is broken, am I being an "entitled little cry baby" for expecting a product I have purchased to be in working condition?

Get the picture by now?

The Xbox Fannies who were whining about getting refunds from Microsoft for their Xbox Ones because they are $60 cheaper now - with a game - than they were five months ago when they bought them on Day One, now THAT is a good example of "entitlement."

Your examples are fine. But the next step of expecting something in return is crap. Getting something at all, even if it is the laughable seven days of LIVE, means they offered something that they didn't have to. Believe me, I'm no Microsoft fan these days, but come on... "spit in my face"? TC is ridiculous. If the game was completely broken and didn't work and he was denied a refund or exchange and he had a receipt...that would be messed up. As it stands, they owe him nothing.
---
#209YumeOMiruPosted 4/4/2014 2:10:44 PM
Who in the right mind would give M$ a penny in this day and age? You asked for them to spit on you OP.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#210Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/4/2014 2:11:34 PM
badmanneil posted...
7 days of gold is a useless gesture and makes no difference at all. A true apology would be them covering the first Titanfall DLC.. now that would have been very respectable. 7 days of gold is a laughable gesture that no one cares about.

you aren't entitled to free DLC

in fact you aren't entitled to anything.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."