Microsoft just spit in my face

#241badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 3:21:46 PM
jumbocat posted...
I find it really saddening that people are willing to tolerate such a low standard of conduct from big companies. Titanfall was MS's flagship game this year. Huge pre order numbers. A significant amount of people spent hundreds of dollars on buying the console just for this game. Can only be played online. MS knew they were tracking for a big opening day. They've had experience with big launches on XBL with the Halo and COD series. They are one of the largest and most well-resourced tech companies In the world. There is no excuse for consumers being unable to play the game on launch day.

Some people have said something along the lines of "it's not Microsoft's fault! Servers are expensive and they couldn't handle everyone playing at once!" or "Launches always have problems". That doesn't matter. Every single person who slapped down their $60 on launch day has a right to expect that the product works as described. MS not being adequately prepared, even for practical and commercial reasons, just means that they've done a cost benefit analysis and have decided that pissing off their customers is a better option than spending money to provide adequate server resources. Every business does this kind of stuff, but you can't say that this wouldn't annoy some of their customers.

And there's nothing wrong with taking a day off to play a game. Some people might not work in in a workplace like this, but in certain jobs you are pretty restricted with how you take paid days off. You often can't attach them to your big block of annual leave because you can't be away from the office for that long. Often your days off are restricted by your boss, other team members' or clients' schedules. Plus, for many people these days will be lost if they aren't used. So in many cases you can only use these days sporadically and booked well ahead of time. You're not gonna visit your Aunt on the other side of the country or go on a romantic getaway on a random Tuesday. So putting aside one of these days to play the biggest game or the year is not ridiculous. And to have it ruined by a company's ill-preparedness and cheapness is bloody annoying. A free game is a bit much, but to compensated with something which is more or less worth nothing is pretty lame.

But no, let's keep attacking the TC and celebrate that an unhappy customer had his day ruined.

This.

I wasn't able to sign in at all on 3/11. Couldn't play the first big release on the console I spent $500 more. 7 days of gold is a useless gesture.
#242MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/5/2014 3:45:56 PM
HeIsLegend16 posted...
wait are you for real?

Firstly, you even shaking your fists at Microsoft (with an 's' not a '$' - you tw*t) is a mistake.. Microsoft had nothing to do with the server faultiness; you should've placed blame into EA - and even then it's really not their fault. They have a shaky track record with servers on major releases on launch day - it just happens.. When hundreds of thousands of people try and log into servers at the same time it will destroy the servers, and crash them - its just how the internet works, and just because we are using newer consoles doesn't mean the server problems won't happen..

I was at the midnight launch and was a little disappointed that I couldn't jump right into a game, but did I want to get a refund from Microsoft or EA? NO! Because I am not a child who needs compensation for my sadness.. Grow up and stop thinking that the world owes you something because you aren't happy with the product YOU bought.. Just because the servers were down for maybe 6 hours doesn't mean jack sh*t, nor should you have even gotten the free week of Live.

Now you actually went as far as to say this..

badmanneil posted...
7 days of gold is a useless gesture and makes no difference at all. A true apology would be them covering the first Titanfall DLC.. now that would have been very respectable. 7 days of gold is a laughable gesture that no one cares about.

Are you simple? Do you really think that a couple-hour-long server drought would constitute in a company losing Millions of Dollars in DLC sales? When I saw that I couldn't play the game at 12:30 am the night of the launch I was a little mad, but I waited about an hour and I was happily playing the game.. No big deal whatsoever.. If I really wanted to, I could do this magical thing called ejecting the disc and play one of the other games I have available to me..

Also, you took a PAID Day Off from work, so why the hell do you care whether or not the servers were up or not? You literally got paid for a days work while you were sitting on your ass typing this stupid flame topic about how Microsoft owes you compensation because of a server crash.. I could understand if you weren't able to login to Xbox Live whatsoever, but it's one single game that you couldn't play for a couple hours at most.. You should be happy with the week of Live that they gave you..

QFT
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#243DamnEvilDogPosted 4/5/2014 4:35:27 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Are you simple? Do you really think that a couple-hour-long server drought would constitute in a company losing Millions of Dollars in DLC sales? When I saw that I couldn't play the game at 12:30 am the night of the launch I was a little mad, but I waited about an hour and I was happily playing the game.. No big deal whatsoever.. If I really wanted to, I could do this magical thing called ejecting the disc and play one of the other games I have available to me..

Also, you took a PAID Day Off from work, so why the hell do you care whether or not the servers were up or not? You literally got paid for a days work while you were sitting on your ass typing this stupid flame topic about how Microsoft owes you compensation because of a server crash.. I could understand if you weren't able to login to Xbox Live whatsoever, but it's one single game that you couldn't play for a couple hours at most.. You should be happy with the week of Live that they gave you..

---
XBL: DamnEvilDog
#244dementedlullabyPosted 4/5/2014 4:36:14 PM
I thought TC was done posting.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#245ILikesCheesePosted 4/6/2014 6:43:23 PM
skermac posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
skermac posted...
Who over the age of 18 would take a day off work to play any game? I guess there are lots of immature people that would do that, and if not immature they are letting games rule their life, if they have a life outside gaming. Sad.

You are making what is known as a SWEEPING GENERALIZATION, which in itself is the refuge of small minded and immature types.

Taking a day off of work for a video game is certainly not something every adult in their 30s or 40s with a professional job would do, but it CAN happen. I did the same back in 2010 when Blur came out and I picked it up at a midnight release. (My first and only.)

I might look down my nose at owners of the Xbox One as well as fans of FPS games, but at least I can understand the allure of the arrival of an expected game, book or movie. I will also be taking the day off, and making my wife do so as well, in a couple of weeks to catch GODZILLA on opening day. :)

Why would you force your wife to take the day off to see that lame movie? If she wanted to see it that's different. But I still wonder why you want to see it the same day it comes out?

Ummm, yes she wants to see it too. She might not want to on DAY ONE because of the crowds, but she understands why I want to.

And calling it a "lame movie" tells me all I really need - or want - to know about you and how you think. :D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#246XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/6/2014 6:56:51 PM
Just out of curiosity how old is the TC?
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag