Microsoft just spit in my face

#41badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 9:13:14 PM
BigBOO2U posted...
SuperHoneyBunny posted...
I hope Phil Spencer comes to your house and gives you a briefcase full of money.
Then says, "Ha just kidding". Punches you in the gut, grabs the briefcase and takes a dump on your Xbox One.
"It's not easy running a video game company you little brat, now get back to work".

What you describe is ironically what Microsoft has basically done with their "free week" silliness.

Yea, literally how i feel.
#42badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 9:15:55 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
badmanneil posted...
godslayer61 posted...
dementedlullaby posted...
Anyone impatient enough to take a day off work for a video game deserves spit in their face.

Insert useless dribble here

Also, like i said in a previous post

In the grown up world there is this thing called Paid Time Off.
It's pretty amazing.. it's like magic.. you don't have to go to work and you still get paid...wow!! I know, sounds amazing.... You can use these days for whatever you want, whenever you want because they are your days that you worked for...

Obviously taking a day off for launch day (online only game mind you) when server issues are almost expected is a very intelligent thing to do. You're right. I concede to your brilliance.

Also LOL @ the other guy.

Server issues? WHAT?? I thought this was next-gen. We live in 2014 and it blows my mind that server issues is still a legitimate problem.

Seriously if they didn't learn from the server problems of Halo 2 then i can't help them... and frankly a company such as MICROSOFT should be embarrassed as hell by server issues.
#43Holden_McgroinPosted 4/3/2014 9:20:24 PM
You took a day off of work to play a game, and that shows how immature and irresponsible you are. If you are that kind of person, then I bet your work is happy to not have you around for that day.
---
All the ladies love Holden Mcgroin.
#44-Oath-Posted 4/3/2014 9:21:36 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
GTFO and ignored

Wow. I shouldn't be shocked about a response like this considering where I am.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#45DeadLock25Posted 4/3/2014 9:21:36 PM
Wait what? Did you just seriously complain about free stuff?

You paid $60 a year for gold...and you could not get on to 1 game...for LESS than 1 day...and they give you more than 7 times the value of what you lost...all for free without any moral or legal obligation and your response is "its not enough"? What are you a man child?

Also, how does your taking the day off work in any way, shape or form, have any relationship to the downtime on XBL? I didnt take the day off work, so I guess there was no problem right? Grow the hell up TC. You are entitled to nothing, especially for a service outage for less than 24 hours. You are the equivalent of those idiotic/spoiled teenagers crying their eyes out Christmas morning because they got a black iPhone or a car and not a white one.

I would be mad if the downtime persisted for everyone...for a week straight. That would be indicative of incompetence or laziness on the part of MS. But they updated their website every 30 minutes and had a majority of users playing the game within a few hours. Maybe it was longer for you than the rest, but still makes you a minority, and it still gives you no right to act like an entitled d*******
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#46Skul_Posted 4/3/2014 9:22:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#47dementedlullabyPosted 4/3/2014 9:23:05 PM
I don't think MS is asking you to help them. Honestly if you want to whine like a petulant child but then turn around and say "Hey when I'm all grown up I can take a day off if I want!" do you really expect people to slap you on the back and give you a big thumbs up? You make it kind of hard for anyone to feel bad for you.

Server issues suck. They also aren't localized to one company. Maybe now I can help you learn, don't take a day off for an online only game again for the foreseeable future regardless of platform. It's a bad idea.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#48datura333Posted 4/3/2014 9:27:35 PM
First thing I have to ask is why does anyone care about what he takes his time off for? It's his time off; he earned it.

Second, tc, the servers were down for a few hours, why do you think you deserve anything? Anybody remember when psn was down for at least a month? They gave away some cheap games that half of the people that owned a ps3 had probably already bought. It sucks you wasted your day, but honestly **** happens.
---
I am the great big mouth.
xbl gt: dreamsaredying
#49adjlPosted 4/3/2014 9:30:41 PM(edited)
badmanneil posted...
We live in 2014 and it blows my mind that server issues is still a legitimate problem.

Server issues will always be a problem, provided you're playing things that actually demand significant server resources. It's simply not practical to allocate server resources to accommodate usage spikes like the ones you'll see on any major launch. Server resources are allocated to accommodate the highest usage you can expect to see on a regular day, plus a little extra just in case. To constantly maintain the kind of server power that's needed to handle major usage spikes would be a colossal waste of money, since most of that capacity would almost never be used.

Quite simply, you should have anticipated server troubles on day 1. This happens with literally every major online game every time something happens to cause a major usage spike (launch, major patch, expansion release, etc). The smart thing to do would have been to take day 3 off. it's not like the game's going anywhere while you wait.

badmanneil posted...
If you paid $60 a year for live.. They literally just gave you $1.25.

Sound fair?

As a free gift to make up for a couple hours of downtime that probably shouldn't even have affected you if you'd demonstrated a little forethought? Sure. I'm not about to turn down a little bit of free money.
#50garcia_jxPosted 4/3/2014 9:30:30 PM
I work for a multibillion dollar company that is in the customer service business. We don't give two f****about our customers. However, if you were to come to our place of business, we would treat you like royalty, but the reality is, we want your money muthatrucka, nothing else.