Why Hasn't Microsoft Publicly Announced They've already Sold 4 million XB1s?

#21DarkAdonis123Posted 4/3/2014 11:57:55 PM
You seriously expect M$ to make an announcement about being 3 million units behind their competitor?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#22THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/4/2014 12:00:19 AM
Jedi454 posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Yeah Xbox sold 4 million and is crushing 360 pace but because they are behind a console running at 50-100 cheaper and with a strong propaganda campaign they should feel bad!!

^pony logic

A 1 year head start would have made all the difference for em. Launching against Playstation directly was not a good idea.

They had it right with the 360 launching by itself first.

Yeah, seeing the Ps3 sell poorly must've brought tears to your eyes.

And still outsold the 360 (Microsoft's best)with at one time $600 console that was pretty much dead to right's for 2 years...Thinking about how far it's come...Yeah it kinda does. lol.

I'll never doubt em again.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#23TheGam3925Posted 4/4/2014 12:04:14 AM
It may also be harder for MS to secure exclusives if they publicly admit they are lagging behind the competition by 3-4 million units this early in the console's life. Studious may think twice about jumping on board with MS when they realize their game could sell more on a platform with a much larger install base, or they could just go multiplat instead of risking being exclusive to MS.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#24LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 12:04:38 AM
prozac786 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
QuadForce878 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Because VGChartz makes s*** up.

Or trying to make a big deal about selling 4 million when the PS4 has passed 7 million wouldn't accomplish much of anything except telling people they're behind.

I don't buy that, the why would they announced the Xbox One sold 3 million in January and while at the same time Sony announced 5 million?

Because the gap widened from 2 million to 3 million. Despite MS saying the XBOne is the fastest selling Xbox console, the PS4 is selling faster. Bringing attention to that is not something investors want to hear.

Yes because only the #1 selling console is worth investing all others are flops!!!!

No. But investors wouldn't want to see their console publicized negatively from MS themselves.

For example, MS announces, "4 Million Consoles Sold".

Internet interprets, "MS admits they are trailing 3 million behind Sony!!!!!"

And then the fires start..

Investors and company officials wouldn't want to intentionally release a statement, (even about good performance) if it paints them in a negative light against the competition.

That's common practice.

Hint: investors don't invest upon what the common sensationalist article writer or ransoms on the Internet say
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#25LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 12:05:33 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
It may also be harder for MS to secure exclusives if they publicly admit they are lagging behind the competition by 3-4 million units this early in the console's life. Studious may think twice about jumping on board with MS when they realize their game could sell more on a platform with a much larger install base, or they could just go multiplat instead of risking being exclusive to MS.

Yeah that stopped ps3from having exclusives when it was getting its ass kicked 3/4 offset gen right?
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#26AwayFromHerePosted 4/4/2014 12:05:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27prozac786Posted 4/4/2014 12:10:35 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Hint: investors don't invest upon what the common sensationalist article writer or ransoms on the Internet say

LMAO.. That's not even what I said. And I actually tried to give you a normal response, despite your moronic posts but anyway..

Hint: Investors don't want the company they invested in, to admit anything that gives their product a negative public image.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#28aszsithPosted 4/4/2014 12:11:56 AM
Jedi454 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Yeah Xbox sold 4 million and is crushing 360 pace but because they are behind a console running at 50-100 cheaper and with a strong propaganda campaign they should feel bad!!

^pony logic

A 1 year head start would have made all the difference for em. Launching against Playstation directly was not a good idea.

They had it right with the 360 launching by itself first.

Yeah, seeing the Ps3 sell poorly must've brought tears to your eyes.

And still outsold the 360 (Microsoft's best)with at one time $600 console that was pretty much dead to right's for 2 years...Thinking about how far it's come...Yeah it kinda does. lol.

I'll never doubt em again.

By your logic then it's possible that by the end of this console cycle Microsoft could bounce back and "win". After all, Sony did it last gen despite being $100 more expensive, being down a few million consoles in the first year, and having the inferior multi platform games. Heck, some companies (Valve) wouldn't even program for the thing for the first few years and that didn't hurt them.

Of course, if the companies are going to measure statistics, I'm sure Microsoft's employees are glad to know the company they work for isn't selling assets to generate revenue because they can't earn it or borrow it. Sony's employees on the other hand, well they are probably concerned they won't have jobs with Sony in five years.

All this bickering over sales numbers. What matters most? Number of consoles sold or amount of revenue generated? If you said consoles sold you know nothing about why these companies are in business. As Puff Daddy said, It's All About the Benjamins! When it comes to money, Sony is unfortunately going broke while Microsoft is sleeping on money stuffed mattresses while burning money to stay warm.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#29LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 12:14:29 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

You are a child.

Ill take your lack of a response as you admitting you were wrong. Thanks man.

prozac786 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

LMAO.. That's not even what I said. And I actually tried to give you a normal response, despite your moronic posts but anyway..

Hint: Investors don't want the company they invested in, to admit anything that gives their product a negative public image.

Yeah selling 4 million consoles is so bad just because another console is off to a hotter start in a 5-7 year gen.
---
#30xacebopPosted 4/4/2014 12:16:39 AM
Terrible marketing strategy to announce your sales publicly when your closest competitor has double that. They can't win that war and they know it. Instead, expect some statistics like zombies killed in dr3.