Why Hasn't Microsoft Publicly Announced They've already Sold 4 million XB1s?

#31Jedi454Posted 4/4/2014 12:16:40 AM
aszsith posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Jedi454 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Yeah Xbox sold 4 million and is crushing 360 pace but because they are behind a console running at 50-100 cheaper and with a strong propaganda campaign they should feel bad!!

^pony logic

A 1 year head start would have made all the difference for em. Launching against Playstation directly was not a good idea.

They had it right with the 360 launching by itself first.

Yeah, seeing the Ps3 sell poorly must've brought tears to your eyes.

And still outsold the 360 (Microsoft's best)with at one time $600 console that was pretty much dead to right's for 2 years...Thinking about how far it's come...Yeah it kinda does. lol.

I'll never doubt em again.

By your logic then it's possible that by the end of this console cycle Microsoft could bounce back and "win". After all, Sony did it last gen despite being $100 more expensive, being down a few million consoles in the first year, and having the inferior multi platform games. Heck, some companies (Valve) wouldn't even program for the thing for the first few years and that didn't hurt them.

Of course, if the companies are going to measure statistics, I'm sure Microsoft's employees are glad to know the company they work for isn't selling assets to generate revenue because they can't earn it or borrow it. Sony's employees on the other hand, well they are probably concerned they won't have jobs with Sony in five years.

All this bickering over sales numbers. What matters most? Number of consoles sold or amount of revenue generated? If you said consoles sold you know nothing about why these companies are in business. As Puff Daddy said, It's All About the Benjamins! When it comes to money, Sony is unfortunately going broke while Microsoft is sleeping on money stuffed mattresses while burning money to stay warm.

Fanboys will grasp onto any information they can get that is the opposite Console company to theirs.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#32prozac786Posted 4/4/2014 12:27:40 AM(edited)
LEGEND_725 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

Hint: investors don't invest upon what the common sensationalist article writer or ransoms on the Internet say

You are a child.

Ill take your lack of a response as you admitting you were wrong. Thanks man.

prozac786 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Hint: investors don't invest upon what the common sensationalist article writer or ransoms on the Internet say

LMAO.. That's not even what I said. And I actually tried to give you a normal response, despite your moronic posts but anyway..

Hint: Investors don't want the company they invested in, to admit anything that gives their product a negative public image.

Yeah selling 4 million consoles is so bad just because another console is off to a hotter start in a 5-7 year gen.

Reading must not be your strong point, because again, that's not what I said.

---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#33JuuzhPosted 4/4/2014 12:21:27 AM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be fine in the end. I mean, the PS3 sold so poorly at the beginning and people laughed at it for trying to do too much. I remember the "blue" jokes that were going around on here. Anyway, aside from that. I really enjoyed the 360 but I switched to the PS3 because it just did more of what I was looking for. I have a feeling the XBOne is going to do the same thing this gen. And although it won't outsell the PS4 and this is purely because the rest of the world really likes PS4, there's a good chance that XBOne will be the top seller in the US. I know I will be getting a PS4 first but I have a feeling I will be getting an XBOne later on. I mean sure my 2 year old daughter would enjoy jumping around in front of the TV with her friends to some dancing games when she gets a bit older.

There's a great quote "It's all marketing and timing." Well MS messed up on the timing this time for sure. And they should've release the XBOne earlier than the PS4. And their marketing department really messed up. But I think the system has more to offer from an, dare I say it, "All-in-One" stand point than just the PS4 which is primarily just a gaming console.
---
PSN: Gidoza
WiiU: Gidoza
#34LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 12:25:08 AM
No negative image would be created... Only by desperate ponies. You think every company behind coke or Pepsi can't talk about accomplishments? Every movie that made less than transformers? This pseudo negative light is only by fanboys and irrelevant to investors
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#35prozac786Posted 4/4/2014 12:26:42 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
No negative image would be created... Only by desperate ponies. You think every company behind coke or Pepsi can't talk about accomplishments? Every movie that made less than transformers? This pseudo negative light is only by fanboys and irrelevant to investors

Clearly you're a desperate fanboy who knows nothing about investment, investors or the financial sector.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#36THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/4/2014 12:29:00 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...

A ton of former Xbox fans and the whole world = Baby Horses....That's why nobody takes these boards seriously. Reality means nothing here...Praise Xbox One to highest of glory or else.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#37QuadForce878(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 12:34:58 AM(edited)
I'd figure announcing that your company's brand new console sold 4 million in 5 months would help boost morale and letting people know your product is indeed selling well. Keeping quiet about it about only raises suspicion of whether or not the console is even selling at all. And especially after its killer App Titanfall was released two weeks. Wouldn't Microsoft want to boast to the world how well TF boosted their XB1's sales?
#38ItchyTasty93Posted 4/4/2014 12:36:59 AM
Whew! lots Ponies around here.
Still at their in denial stage. Boo hoo T_T
---
Lolz. Lulz. Lelz.
#39LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 12:43:43 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...

A ton of former Xbox fans and the whole world = Baby Horses....That's why nobody takes these boards seriously. Reality means nothing here...Praise Xbox One to highest of glory or else.

90% of the world has no idea or cares about consume war sales. I know several ppl who talk about "the graphics on titanfall are epic on my Xbox"

You guys get so caught up in this online stuff you think it is representative of the real world but its not.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#40SupesOneMillionPosted 4/4/2014 12:44:15 AM
Because they don't want to help the mouthbreathers feel better about having a small peen. It's irrelevant.