Why Hasn't Microsoft Publicly Announced They've already Sold 4 million XB1s?

#41Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 2:14:38 AM
aszsith posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Jedi454 posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Yeah Xbox sold 4 million and is crushing 360 pace but because they are behind a console running at 50-100 cheaper and with a strong propaganda campaign they should feel bad!!

^pony logic

A 1 year head start would have made all the difference for em. Launching against Playstation directly was not a good idea.

They had it right with the 360 launching by itself first.

Yeah, seeing the Ps3 sell poorly must've brought tears to your eyes.

And still outsold the 360 (Microsoft's best)with at one time $600 console that was pretty much dead to right's for 2 years...Thinking about how far it's come...Yeah it kinda does. lol.

I'll never doubt em again.

By your logic then it's possible that by the end of this console cycle Microsoft could bounce back and "win". After all, Sony did it last gen despite being $100 more expensive, being down a few million consoles in the first year, and having the inferior multi platform games. Heck, some companies (Valve) wouldn't even program for the thing for the first few years and that didn't hurt them.

Of course, if the companies are going to measure statistics, I'm sure Microsoft's employees are glad to know the company they work for isn't selling assets to generate revenue because they can't earn it or borrow it. Sony's employees on the other hand, well they are probably concerned they won't have jobs with Sony in five years.

All this bickering over sales numbers. What matters most? Number of consoles sold or amount of revenue generated? If you said consoles sold you know nothing about why these companies are in business. As Puff Daddy said, It's All About the Benjamins! When it comes to money, Sony is unfortunately going broke while Microsoft is sleeping on money stuffed mattresses while burning money to stay warm.

I'm sure ms employees who work in the xbox division are just as worried about that. The vast majority of the investors want xbox dead and gone. Fact is it's bleeding the company money. And the investors that want xbox axed have serious pull. I mean they got Ballmer canned. Ballmer was bill gates right hand man. Heck they even tried to get bill gates kicked off the board. So I wouldn't be surprised if in 3-4 years ms stops making new IPs (it's likely they will do this regardless if they run this gen like last gen) and the. Ride out the rest of the gen on 3rd party support just like they did last gen and then just sell off assets and close what they can't sell. There are many people who feel like this is going to happen.
#42CharadeSmithPosted 4/4/2014 2:17:50 AM
Because they're ashamed of it.
#43Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 2:18:33 AM
Juuzh posted...
I'm pretty sure it's going to be fine in the end. I mean, the PS3 sold so poorly at the beginning and people laughed at it for trying to do too much. I remember the "blue" jokes that were going around on here. Anyway, aside from that. I really enjoyed the 360 but I switched to the PS3 because it just did more of what I was looking for. I have a feeling the XBOne is going to do the same thing this gen. And although it won't outsell the PS4 and this is purely because the rest of the world really likes PS4, there's a good chance that XBOne will be the top seller in the US. I know I will be getting a PS4 first but I have a feeling I will be getting an XBOne later on. I mean sure my 2 year old daughter would enjoy jumping around in front of the TV with her friends to some dancing games when she gets a bit older.

There's a great quote "It's all marketing and timing." Well MS messed up on the timing this time for sure. And they should've release the XBOne earlier than the PS4. And their marketing department really messed up. But I think the system has more to offer from an, dare I say it, "All-in-One" stand point than just the PS4 which is primarily just a gaming console.

The only problem though is there is a lot of evidence showing that they weren't even going to release a console until the end of 2014. But had to rush the one out the door because of Sony. Which is why it's not as powerful as it should be.
#44Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 2:22:11 AM
ItchyTasty93 posted...
Whew! lots Ponies around here.
Still at their in denial stage. Boo hoo T_T

Denial stage about what? That their console is more powerful? That it's selling better? That it seems to be getting more 3rd party support? Sounds more to me like the xbots are in the denial stage trying to justify their purchase.
#45LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 2:48:04 AM
Homie_202 posted...
ItchyTasty93 posted...

Denial stage about what? That their console is more powerful? That it's selling better? That it seems to be getting more 3rd party support? Sounds more to me like the xbots are in the denial stage trying to justify their purchase.

Ryse looks better than any ps4 game.
Xbox still has all the games
Ponies reassure via indies

Yeah your owned .... Next?
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#46Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 2:54:41 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
ItchyTasty93 posted...

The ps4 has just about as many exclusives as the xbox. And if you count indies it's blowing the xbox out of the water. Its funny how every single xbot praised indies last gen but now that all the good indies are on the superior console indies suck all of a sudden. And I would strongly disagree that ryse looks better. Infamous takes that. And even if you try and argue that ryse looks better that game is linear whereas infamous is open world so its FAR more impressive.
#47LEGEND_725Posted 4/4/2014 2:58:15 AM
Homie_202 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
ItchyTasty93 posted...

The ps4 has just about as many exclusives as the xbox. And if you count indies it's blowing the xbox out of the water. Its funny how every single xbot praised indies last gen but now that all the good indies are on the superior console indies suck all of a sudden. And I would strongly disagree that ryse looks better. Infamous takes that. And even if you try and argue that ryse looks better that game is linear whereas infamous is open world so its FAR more impressive.

Lol denial

Have fun with knack lolzone infamous and indies meanwhile...

Dead rising
Forza
Titanfall
Killer instinct
Project spark
Ryse (best graphics on console)

You can quit posting now.... Save yourself embarrassment
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#48Tyronelio1Posted 4/4/2014 2:58:22 AM
Ps4 has more third party support? Anyone notable other than Japanese companies? Like tecmo koei and sega/Altus?
#49Stefmeister7Posted 4/4/2014 3:01:09 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
ItchyTasty93 posted...

yeah ryse is nice to look at... that's all.
PS4 has more games than xbone.
yet Msoft is trying to get indie support as well. maybe they see something you don't?

... next?
#50Homie_202Posted 4/4/2014 3:03:52 AM
Again its funny how xbox fans now bash indies since they no longer are getting indie support. Also project spark isnt out so that doesnt count. Besides you cant set aside indies. There are a lot of people whi think indies games are better then most games that are big AAA games. And even if ryse is the best looking game its still boring as all hell and all of the like 20 indies that are out for ps4 are better then it.